UM vs FGCU - Canes win 7-3

^^^^That's the level of discussion I expect around here. When things get too tough to debate, post funny pictures.

Seriously, you're going to hurt yourself up on that high horse.
What's there to debate, you want to bytch about losses that there's nothing you can do about, did they hurt, yes, does that change anything, no, so feel free to calculate the 'what-if' RPI till you're blue. I on the other hand will take joy in the season and see where we end up. I think that's kinda the whole point of a season.

And that's how you have ended up disappointed for five straight years. Carry on, Cubs fans. If we fail, get 'em next year.

Advertisement
Waahh Waahh. I will jump on someone for going crazy when we lose the 2nd game of the season and deem the season to be over because we lose one game at home to Notre Dame after winning a boatload of games in a row. Truly pathetic.

Cool, you have been wrong for five straight years, no reason you would see that and change now.

FYI - those two games you mentioned are the difference between #7 and #16. Thanks for proving my point.

Advertisement
Then why don't you enjoy the winning in the regular season

I am. None of this happens until CT or tx posts one of their dumb *** comments about "where are all the negative posts now?". I start game threads for crying out loud. This would all go away, but some people can't leave well enough alone. At that point I have to be condescending and talk down to them like the idiots that they are.

Always someone elses fault huh. Fyi - your negative threads started way before we had enough - like game 2 genius. Nice try but we are tired of dealing with idiots like you. PS - more folks are giving you some good feeback - think it might be you, naaah, you are the brightest of the bright, Everyone else is wrong. We got it. Enjoy the rest of the season!!

Rice lost a series to Mid Tenn St and a midweek game vs Lamar. Do you think their fans are happy that they're in the top 10 and a possible national seed or are they ****ing about those games?

Rice has zero losses against teams in the 200+ range. We have four. Their RPI is #5. Ours is #16. If you're going to pick a team to compare us to, find one that has a similar resume.

So IF we win our final 6 and become a national seed...then those early loses to the bad teams didn't really hurt now did it?

Obviously. Welcome to 2009-2013. "It's early. Everyone loses some games like these". Then we lose more than other teams and miss out on a national seed. If you'll notice, some other teams don't need to go 6-0 to secure their national seed.

When is the last time Rice was in Omaha?

I see two different levels of expectations here.

I fail to see where calling out someone for being negative is going to generate a positive response from that individual whether he is right or wrong.

You are of course right. I watched all season and then had enough. Sorry!!

I fail to see where calling out someone for being negative is going to generate a positive response from that individual whether he is right or wrong.

No need to apologize. Tensions are high. Team is rolling, but history and some inconsistencies have some on edge more than others.

Advertisement
Rice lost a series to Mid Tenn St and a midweek game vs Lamar. Do you think their fans are happy that they're in the top 10 and a possible national seed or are they ****ing about those games?

Rice has zero losses against teams in the 200+ range. We have four. Their RPI is #5. Ours is #16. If you're going to pick a team to compare us to, find one that has a similar resume.

So IF we win our final 6 and become a national seed...then those early loses to the bad teams didn't really hurt now did it?

Obviously. Welcome to 2009-2013. "It's early. Everyone loses some games like these". Then we lose more than other teams and miss out on a national seed. If you'll notice, some other teams don't need to go 6-0 to secure their national seed.

When is the last time Rice was in Omaha?

2008. What does that have to do with anything? I didn't bring up Rice.

Now your memory is going - you put the resume comment back in this guys face about Rice, back at ya. CWS - last visit 2008. Get the connection, stick with me, we just had you declared the brightest!! I just cant wait for you to say you were talking only about this year and then we can go get all of those posts about the last 5 years!! Go ahead!!

No need to apologize. Tensions are high. Team is rolling, but history and some inconsistencies have some on edge more than others.

Yep - just polar opposites on how to view life!!

Advertisement

I try to stay balanced. I honestly have very little emotion when it comes to Morris as the coach. Things I hate are bad "baseball", bad officiating and bad announcing. As a result of those, along with poor tackling or just bad decisions in football, my balance gets out of whack.

Last edited:
Now your memory is going - you put the resume comment back in this guys face about Rice, back at ya. CWS - last visit 2008. Get the connection, stick with me, we just had you declared the brightest!! I just cant wait for you to say you were talking only about this year and then we can go get all of those posts about the last 5 years!! Go ahead!!

Exactly. I didn't bring up Rice. You're reaching. The guy brought up Rice and I told him that it was a bad example. Now you want to say something about the last time they went to Omaha? Yeah, you got me.

I try to stay balanced. I honestly have very little emotion when it comes to Morris as the coach. Things I hate are bad "baseball", bad officiating and bad announcing. As a result of those, along with poor tackling or just bad decisions in football, my balance gets out of whack.

I have many of the same concerns the negative folks have, but I choose to spend my energy on the positive. After watching how positive energy works when fighting disease, I know no other way! Thanks for the feedback!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back