UM-UF GAME WEEKEND - ALL INFO IN ONE LOCATION

I don’t know how that happened but it posted what Siri wanted to. Anyway after talking to the top wigs at the Stadium who said I better get to lot 10 by 2 pm which makes it seriously hot. Then they also inform me by email and phone that there will be no acceptance of phone parking pass , it has to be printed. Just the opposite of what we were told. Must follow directions on ticket cause they close half the roads going one way too. Again against what I know you said OC but they have only 3500 inside parking and all went to Fla Sports Ticket holders. The rest they said was sold by the City of Orlando with Lanier Corp selling them through Stub Hub and other sites. I asked again forcefully and they absolutely said they did not sell to Fl. She said they may have bought a ton but not from any special deal. I believe you have inside info but Shannon VP of operations isn’t making it up as she is a Gator fan for sure as everyone there is except Camping World Corp which is one of our largest donator .

Look, I don't know if you are trolling us or not, but the fact that you keep hearing conflicting information should be a dead giveaway that people like "Shannon" are lying to you.

Suuuure, "Lanier Corp" sold parking on a secondary ticket website. When? DO YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT? Sorry, but "Shannon" is a liar. Tell "Shannon" to produce some screenshots of these mythical "StubHub" and "other sites" listings for parking spots. It won't happen. Parking was offered to UF alums (of which I am one) via UF, and I'm sure UF didn't log onto Stub Hub a few thousand times to buy parking from "Lanier". Not only that, but when stadium parking IS made available to the general public (i.e., concerts), those parking spaces are sold through TicketMaster. But parking was never offered to the general public, not through Ticketmaster, not through StubHub, and not through "other sites".

Also, I am a member of Florida Citrus Sports. I got their e-mails. It is mathematically impossible that 3,500 parking spots went to "FCS ticket holders". First, you had to buy a 4-pack of VERY EXPENSIVE sideline tickets to get 1 parking spot, and second, not all of the ticket packages had access to parking. Miami and Florida each got about 25,000 tickets, and FCS had 10,000 tickets. AT MOST, FCS members got 1,000 to 1,500 parking passes. Not "3,500". If "Shannon" was telling you the truth about "all 3,500 spots" going to FCS members (which did not happen), then there would be no way for "Lanier" to sell any spots on "StubHub and other sites".

I'm not going to go into additional detail on this post, but I have all of my e-mails from UM, UF, and FCS. I called all 3 when I looked into tickets and parking. I know what I was sent and I know what I was told, and "Shannon" is covering up for what actually happened.

Gaytor alums were offered the chance to buy parking months ago. A few Silver/Golden Canes just got a handful of parking spots in the last week along with their $50 official UM tailgate tickets. No other UM alums/HC members/ST holders were given that chance.

Advertisement
Yep I’m a troll. As I said , I didn’t say you were incorrect if you read my post. I was saying not sure why they needed to lie about something that seem so obvious to all as no parking even in March was available to Canes fans. I do think your correct. I just think how stupid can our administrators be in letting this happen.

I tried to get the truth but could tell her irritation with me asking to many questions. As I also said I’m sure if you know her probably a Gator fan.

Let’s just hope we have a great time and all the parking works out for Canes fans. Even if she or whoever gave the inside parking to the Gates it’s total is only probably after members around 2000... so the rest I guess like everyone else unless your saying which I also believe were given first choice on the outside lots because they too were not available in March. Someone got them , and your saying which I believe was the Gator fans.

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane so I just saw what the official game account put out and found parking in the commons garage for $20. That a good spot?

Is it called "City Commons"? Is it on Boone Avenue, between South Street and Anderson Street?

If so, it is a great location, this is what you do. Come out on either Boone or South Street and go north to go across South Street. You can either walk THROUGH the SunTrust parking garage (there is an exit on the 1st floor at the north end of the SunTrust garage which lets you out next to Jersey Mike's on Church Street) or else you can walk along the railroad tracks (there is a one-block long train station between South and Church).

When you pop out on Church Street, you will be in the middle of about a 3-block stretch that (at night and during special weekend events) will be blocked off for pedestrian traffic. There are a number of good restaurants and bars in this stretch, and if you want to go east to Orange Avenue, I would go north along Orange for some other spots too.

When you go to the game itself, you can walk WEST on Church Street, go under I-4, and then you will be at the Amway Arena. Go just past the Arena and turn right (north) on Division Avenue. Walk 2 blocks north on Division Avenue and then turn left (west) on Central, and the Lynx Bus Shuttle will be picking up on Central Avenue, between the "Orange Lot" and "Lot B".

Is it called "City Commons"? Is it on Boone Avenue, between South Street and Anderson Street?

If so, it is a great location, this is what you do. Come out on either Boone or South Street and go north to go across South Street. You can either walk THROUGH the SunTrust parking garage (there is an exit on the 1st floor at the north end of the SunTrust garage which lets you out next to Jersey Mike's on Church Street) or else you can walk along the railroad tracks (there is a one-block long train station between South and Church).

When you pop out on Church Street, you will be in the middle of about a 3-block stretch that (at night and during special weekend events) will be blocked off for pedestrian traffic. There are a number of good restaurants and bars in this stretch, and if you want to go east to Orange Avenue, I would go north along Orange for some other spots too.

When you go to the game itself, you can walk WEST on Church Street, go under I-4, and then you will be at the Amway Arena. Go just past the Arena and turn right (north) on Division Avenue. Walk 2 blocks north on Division Avenue and then turn left (west) on Central, and the Lynx Bus Shuttle will be picking up on Central Avenue, between the "Orange Lot" and "Lot B".

I ended up going with 55 west. Thanks for all your help fam!

Yep I’m a troll. As I said , I didn’t say you were incorrect if you read my post. I was saying not sure why they needed to lie about something that seem so obvious to all as no parking even in March was available to Canes fans. I do think your correct. I just think how stupid can our administrators be in letting this happen.

Look, I'm just joking around about the trolling, I haven't really conversed with you before, so it's a possibility, but it seems like you're being straight with us.

Anyhow, I'm not mad at you, I'm just frustrated with the perpetuation of the nonsense by administrators and office drones, who tend to lie to us to cover their own butts. It's funny, when I saw your post, I had to check my sanity, so I went back and pulled the old e-mails. I guarantee you, the ones from Florida Citrus Sports offered me "premium" packages (some of which included parking) and a "Central Florida resident" package, which did NOT include parking.

Honestly, my primary complaints are with UM. First, Blake James had NO IDEA that parking was going to be a much different proposition in Orlando than it was in Dallas last year, so he negotiated nothing and the Gaytors did (I can't blame the UiF AD for being smarter than Blake). Second, the UM Alumni Association completely **** the bed on the tailgate issue until a couple of months ago. Finally, UM just threw up their hands and "sent us a map" instead of doing what you and I are doing, which is sharing information on all the other city-owned and privately-owned parking lots.

UM could have easily bought out several of the private lots owned by The Parking Operator when the spots were $20 each, and could have sold them to us for $40.

I'm very happy that you are parking close to the stadium, though it sounds like "the rules" and the times and the roads are going to be a pain in the ******.

In the end, I believe that FCS is lying to us to cover for the fact that they sold most of the available parking to the Gaytors.

Live and learn.

I ended up going with 55 west. Thanks for all your help fam!

Gotcha.

So do (basically) the same exact thing, instead of coming from the south of Church Street, you will be just north of Church Street.

There is an elevator that will let you out between the 7-11 on Pine Street and Artisan's Table on Church Street.

Best spots on Church Street include Grafitti Junktion, Harry Buffalo, Lion's Pride, Hamburger Mary's, Rusty Spoon (if the new owners haven't changed the name and menu yet), Wahlburgers, and the rooftop bar on the third floor of Latitudes/Chillers/Big Belly Brewery. They will also probably be selling beer in the street down around Harry Buffalo/Lion's Pride.

Kres Chophouse is also good, though I prefer The Boheme around the corner. Oh, and Chela Tequila and Tacos across Orange Avenue.

Advertisement
Gotcha.

So do (basically) the same exact thing, instead of coming from the south of Church Street, you will be just north of Church Street.

There is an elevator that will let you out between the 7-11 on Pine Street and Artisan's Table on Church Street.

Best spots on Church Street include Grafitti Junktion, Harry Buffalo, Lion's Pride, Hamburger Mary's, Rusty Spoon (if the new owners haven't changed the name and menu yet), Wahlburgers, and the rooftop bar on the third floor of Latitudes/Chillers/Big Belly Brewery. They will also probably be selling beer in the street down around Harry Buffalo/Lion's Pride.

Kres Chophouse is also good, though I prefer The Boheme around the corner. Oh, and Chela Tequila and Tacos across Orange Avenue.

Just saw big belly is closed permanently. Im debating on going to church street and drinking before the game or just hanging out at the hotel bar. I dont want to be surrounded by gator as sholes.

Just saw big belly is closed permanently. Im debating on going to church street and drinking before the game or just hanging out at the hotel bar. I dont want to be surrounded by gator as sholes.

Ace Cafe will have a heavy UM turnout on Friday, not sure about Saturday.

And Big Belly may have had a name change to "Cahoots", but the Latitudes rooftop bar looks like it is still open.

OC , next month at Dr Phillips center which if you have been there great sound ...The 60’s group Deep Purple ... showing my age.

Mona and Dwayne Attkinson said getting into the FCS would give you premium parking. I’m going to join for the heck of it for them.

Advertisement
OC as a troll... jokingly been going to home games since 1952.... a few years... been in Otown since 1976

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back