UM-UF GAME WEEKEND - ALL INFO IN ONE LOCATION

It's a huge place so they can host both. Parking is going to be the issue. They usually block the parking lot for the car show so trying to find an open garage with all the events happening this weekend will be a pain.

You can park in the "old" Bank of America building that is one block east of Ace Cafe. BoA moved out, it's the building with the spikes on top.

Advertisement
Thanks for the info. I'll end up taking an Uber there so parking won't be an issue. Unless something better comes up, sounds like my plan for the game

Ubering in will be easy. Ubering out is going to be tough. Backstreet Boys concert will be ending at a similar time.

Ace Cafe is a great venue. They are advertising a huge gamewatch event for Saturday, so it is probably going to be a great spot to watch the game. I'm just not sure if it will be "mostly" Canes fans.
Awesome thanks, seems like it's not far from Downtown so I'm assuming we'll have options either way

Advertisement
Okay this is gonna end up coming out convoluted and not helpful at all but whatever I'm trying to kill off time at work so.

Here are some spots where you can also park outside of the "official" locations.

niceYbl.png

1. Vacation Lodge - There's this hotel around the corner I've parked there over a dozen times for Orlando City games, our bowl games, etc. etc. It's a locked gate and the guy there (older black dude with a graying beard) is cool as ****.

To be fair, they generally will charge $20-30 depending on the event, so I'm sure this'll probably be the same.

On the road just before you get to the Vacation Lodge they usually do on-street parking but that tends to fill up quickly. I've seen people tailgate there but it's not really ideal as it's literally on a very busy street (with regards to parking anyways).

2. Jones High School - A lot of times the high school down the road from the Citrus Bowl will do their own parking in the gigantic grass lot in the back of the campus. This is probably your best bet for tailgating and things like that I'd imagine but I'm not sure when they open or if they will to be honest. Some events they're there, others they are not.

This is usually $20-30 as well, but is one of the best places to park per proximity and safety of your vehicle. Personally, I'm probably going to try and pull up there first.

3. Question Mark - So I made this spot a question mark because to be honest the last few events I've gone to at the Citrus Bowl didn't have this location, BUT, if they do... it's also locked in and gated so your **** will be safe. They usually pack the cars in pretty tight so idk about tailgating but it's not a bad location per proximity.

4. No Blockie Style House Parking - All up and down Rio Grande Ave (a road I highly suggest taking to get away from the traffic you're gonna see a ton of folk advertising their front lawns as parking spots. If you're familiar with the old OB days you know what this is all about.

5. Oval shape - So in this area I know there are "official" lots but sometimes there's a cash lot or two in this area as well. I'd try at your own risk of being stuck in the traffic monster, but I thought I'd mention regardless.

6. Green lines / Orange Blossom Trail - All along OBT there will also be folks advertising cash lots, generally in places of business and things like that. BE CAREFUL THOUGH.... I'ma be honest, one time I parked here for the Pro Bowl and buddy was standing near an empty parking lot and the guy just said "Hey $20 right here" and I said cool, parked, gave the guy the $20, and he walked off. I didn't get my **** towed or anything thank God, but you may not be so lucky. There are a ton of legit folks who actually own the spots on that road that you can park but I was in a rush and couldn't find parking otherwise.

ALSO, one thing they tried to hit me with is they'll have buddy stand out there with a sign that says $10, make you park in this impossible *** place, and then say oh nah it's $40. I promptly pulled out and then parked in the aforementioned spot where a crackhead likely got a quick fix off my trouble. But hey, we both won and that works for me.

7. Corner of South & Westmoreland - Ever since they opened the new soccer stadium I've known a ton of people to park in this lot including myself. There's never any trouble as far as cars getting broken into or anything. The lot attendant is real good folk. They usually charge $20 for the Orlando City games, but it's a pretty good lot for tailgating.

8. Up and down Jackson Street - There's a ton of little cash parking lots usually up and down this road, some are people's houses, some are just abandoned lots.... I know there's supposedly a shuttle over there by the Amway or some **** that you may want to utilize, but if you run out of other options there's plenty of cash parking here.

9. Church's Chicken - on the corner of OBT and Church (heh) Street there's a Church's Chicken where I once parked. It all worked out fine, but getting out of there was a bit of a nightmare because all of the cabs and uber's were just sitting in the parking lot and no one was moving. AGAIN, just an option.

10. The streets behind Orlando City Stadium - Again this is the same deal. Lots of little parking lots owned by different businesses or whatever the ****, lots of opportunity to park with cash. Again, gonna be a little bit of a trek but if ALL ELSE FAILS go for it, chief.

11. Lots next to the Amway Garage - Next to the Amway Center they have a parking garage specific for the arena (though you could likely park there as well). ACROSS the street to the west there's a bunch of little cash lots that you could park and go catch that little shuttle thing.

PERSONALLY, I'd try to park in either 1, 2, 3, or 7. Again, that's dependent on what you're trying to accomplish with your parking. If you want to cool out for a bit and tailgate, try Jones High School... if you just wanna park your car somewhere and meet up with your friends, try Vacation Lodge or the street parking leading up to it.

Also, I'm sure there's other cash options on the WEST side of the stadium but I've never gone on that side so I can't really call it.

If anyone has any specific Orlando questions by all means reach out and I'd be happy to try to help. I only lived there for a handful of years but I can always ask other Orlando based folks for info as well.

Go Canes!

Also i didn't really read thread so sorry if a lot of this is already covered and mentioned I'm just bored tryna kill time xx

Okay this is gonna end up coming out convoluted and not helpful at all but whatever I'm trying to kill off time at work so.

Here are some spots where you can also park outside of the "official" locations.

niceYbl.png

1. Vacation Lodge - There's this hotel around the corner I've parked there over a dozen times for Orlando City games, our bowl games, etc. etc. It's a locked gate and the guy there (older black dude with a graying beard) is cool as ****.

To be fair, they generally will charge $20-30 depending on the event, so I'm sure this'll probably be the same.

On the road just before you get to the Vacation Lodge they usually do on-street parking but that tends to fill up quickly. I've seen people tailgate there but it's not really ideal as it's literally on a very busy street (with regards to parking anyways).

2. Jones High School - A lot of times the high school down the road from the Citrus Bowl will do their own parking in the gigantic grass lot in the back of the campus. This is probably your best bet for tailgating and things like that I'd imagine but I'm not sure when they open or if they will to be honest. Some events they're there, others they are not.

This is usually $20-30 as well, but is one of the best places to park per proximity and safety of your vehicle. Personally, I'm probably going to try and pull up there first.

3. Question Mark - So I made this spot a question mark because to be honest the last few events I've gone to at the Citrus Bowl didn't have this location, BUT, if they do... it's also locked in and gated so your **** will be safe. They usually pack the cars in pretty tight so idk about tailgating but it's not a bad location per proximity.

4. No Blockie Style House Parking - All up and down Rio Grande Ave (a road I highly suggest taking to get away from the traffic you're gonna see a ton of folk advertising their front lawns as parking spots. If you're familiar with the old OB days you know what this is all about.

5. Oval shape - So in this area I know there are "official" lots but sometimes there's a cash lot or two in this area as well. I'd try at your own risk of being stuck in the traffic monster, but I thought I'd mention regardless.

6. Green lines / Orange Blossom Trail - All along OBT there will also be folks advertising cash lots, generally in places of business and things like that. BE CAREFUL THOUGH.... I'ma be honest, one time I parked here for the Pro Bowl and buddy was standing near an empty parking lot and the guy just said "Hey $20 right here" and I said cool, parked, gave the guy the $20, and he walked off. I didn't get my **** towed or anything thank God, but you may not be so lucky. There are a ton of legit folks who actually own the spots on that road that you can park but I was in a rush and couldn't find parking otherwise.

ALSO, one thing they tried to hit me with is they'll have buddy stand out there with a sign that says $10, make you park in this impossible *** place, and then say oh nah it's $40. I promptly pulled out and then parked in the aforementioned spot where a crackhead likely got a quick fix off my trouble. But hey, we both won and that works for me.

7. Corner of South & Westmoreland - Ever since they opened the new soccer stadium I've known a ton of people to park in this lot including myself. There's never any trouble as far as cars getting broken into or anything. The lot attendant is real good folk. They usually charge $20 for the Orlando City games, but it's a pretty good lot for tailgating.

8. Up and down Jackson Street - There's a ton of little cash parking lots usually up and down this road, some are people's houses, some are just abandoned lots.... I know there's supposedly a shuttle over there by the Amway or some **** that you may want to utilize, but if you run out of other options there's plenty of cash parking here.

9. Church's Chicken - on the corner of OBT and Church (heh) Street there's a Church's Chicken where I once parked. It all worked out fine, but getting out of there was a bit of a nightmare because all of the cabs and uber's were just sitting in the parking lot and no one was moving. AGAIN, just an option.

10. The streets behind Orlando City Stadium - Again this is the same deal. Lots of little parking lots owned by different businesses or whatever the ****, lots of opportunity to park with cash. Again, gonna be a little bit of a trek but if ALL ELSE FAILS go for it, chief.

11. Lots next to the Amway Garage - Next to the Amway Center they have a parking garage specific for the arena (though you could likely park there as well). ACROSS the street to the west there's a bunch of little cash lots that you could park and go catch that little shuttle thing.

PERSONALLY, I'd try to park in either 1, 2, 3, or 7. Again, that's dependent on what you're trying to accomplish with your parking. If you want to cool out for a bit and tailgate, try Jones High School... if you just wanna park your car somewhere and meet up with your friends, try Vacation Lodge or the street parking leading up to it.

Also, I'm sure there's other cash options on the WEST side of the stadium but I've never gone on that side so I can't really call it.

If anyone has any specific Orlando questions by all means reach out and I'd be happy to try to help. I only lived there for a handful of years but I can always ask other Orlando based folks for info as well.

Go Canes!

2. Jones High School will have the CanesUnited event, parking is sold out.

10. These lots are either right along the Lynx Bus shuttle route, or are close enough to walk.

11. Backstreet Boys concert - these lots will all be filled solid.

Everything else is a crap shoot. If you have cash and want to get close and want to take your chances, go north or west of the stadium.

Advertisement
what are my best options for a tailgate if i arrive with kids around 5pm? any good walk ups?
i will be taking uber.
thank you

I dont know if this link is already posted but it cant hurt to be posted again. This is from camping world kickoff site. It is a map with the shuttle pickup and drop off sites.

This is jsut more general transportation info

Thanks!

Just to let people know, I have been saying that the PICKUP spot would be on Division, but they are saying it is on Central. Literally, right around the corner. 100 feet of difference. Look for the crowds, the pickup spot is directly between two of the largest parking lots for Orlando City Soccer.

Also, the P parking lot inside of the red outline (where the pickup STAR is) is the ORANGE LOT that is sold through City of Orlando.

Directly NORTH of the red star is the 521 W. Central Boulevard lot that is run by The Parking Operator.

Directly North of the 521 W. Central lot (and partially obscured by the legend at the top of the map) is the 530 Grove Park Drive lot.

The big white square block halfway along the shuttle route is the Orlando City Soccer Stadium. The 777 W. Central lot and the 19 N. Westmoreland lots are just to the north, on the other side of Central.

The 99 N. Garland lot is on the EAST side of I-4, near the SunRail tracks.

what are my best options for a tailgate if i arrive with kids around 5pm? any good walk ups?
i will be taking uber.
thank you

OK, the perimeter around the stadium requires a game ticket, and it should mostly be Gaytors. UM is doing a ticketed tailgate on the WEST side of the stadium (Tinker Field).

I would be willing to bet that there will be tailgating at the lots near the shuttle pickup spot on Central Boulevard.

Advertisement
I have one HD Parking Garage ticket for sale. Got a closer spot. I think it was $30 (or slightly less). This is a walk bc this garage is by the soccer stadium but CHEAP.
Also, yall be careful street parking by the soccer stadium. Some of the homeless population has gotten really smart. They sell illegal spots for like $20, the cars get towed and they re-sell the spot. Kinda funny but let's keep those open for Gator Fans!!!!!!

I have one HD Parking Garage ticket for sale. Got a closer spot. I think it was $30 (or slightly less). This is a walk bc this garage is by the soccer stadium but CHEAP.
Also, yall be careful street parking by the soccer stadium. Some of the homeless population has gotten really smart. They sell illegal spots for like $20, the cars get towed and they re-sell the spot. Kinda funny but let's keep those open for Gator Fans!!!!!!

Seriously? First, it's not "a walk", there is a Lynx Bus shuttle.

Second, who parks on the street around the OCSC stadium? I've posted five legitimate parking lots in that area.

Come on, stick to the facts.

Advertisement
Seriously? First, it's not "a walk", there is a Lynx Bus shuttle.

Second, who parks on the street around the OCSC stadium? I've posted five legitimate parking lots in that area.

Come on, stick to the facts.

Well it was a walk to ME bc I refuse to get on a bus with Gators. To each their own, right!!! Just trying to sell my extra spot.
Also, just providing info from my experience or "facts" at soccer games. Sure you posted legit lots but does not mean someone may try to find a quick fix.
Why get upset that I am warning our fan base?
MY BAD.
CARRY ON.

Well it was a walk to ME bc I refuse to get on a bus with Gators. To each their own, right!!! Just trying to sell my extra spot.
Also, just providing info from my experience or "facts" at soccer games. Sure you posted legit lots but does not mean someone may try to find a quick fix.
Why get upset that I am warning our fan base?
MY BAD.
CARRY ON.

Nobody is upset. "Warning" our fan base about trying to pay $20 to a homeless guy for street parking instead of $40 for a fenced lot with security? Man, if we have fans who need those kinds of "warnings", we have a lot more to be worried about.

Look, if you want to walk a mile in the heat just because there are a few Gaytors on the bus, that's up to you. But if you read my posts, you would know that the Gaytors got all the good parking, so there's going to be a good number of Hurricanes fans parking out by OCSC and riding the shuttle.

Keep looking for those $20 street parking spots from homeless dudes, to each their own.

Advertisement
Back