UM Students

Advertisement
Serious question....do the students even care? I get the impression that the least amount of pressure on Donna/Blake/Al comes from the students and that they blame all the "heathens" of the city of Miami for all the negativity. 90% of the students didn't grow up down here and they are barely old enough to remember the Canes being the Canes. Campus is probably one the coziest places to be for these clowns. Students at Michigan would have burned the campus down by now.

Serious question....do the students even care? I get the impression that the least amount of pressure on Donna/Blake/Al comes from the students and that they blame all the "heathens" of the city of Miami for all the negativity. 90% of the students didn't grow up down here and they are barely old enough to remember the Canes being the Canes. Campus is probably one the coziest places to be for these clowns. Students at Michigan would have burned the campus down by now.

It's a mix.

Some care immensely. Some couldn't care less. Some will care when the team gets good.

True.
Having one or two students carrying signs is not as effective as having 30-50 students in front of the Hecht or Greentree field with signs.
The big question is: Do we have enough students who care about winning who are willing to exercise their freedom of assembly? That's in amendment 1 of the constitution (Freedom of peaceful association)

I would be down to do something in front of the Hecht. It's up to Willy at the end of the day.

It's gonna be even hard to get that big of a group and keep it peaceful. That's what they want us to do to then make us look like irrational lunatics even if we are peaceful. Right now they are taking things away from us. I like the shirt idea because one of two things will happen

1) it will get noticed in the arena and could be picked up by media, or
2) they ask us to leave and then what will their reason be?
I am not one who says you're doing this for notoriety but you are giving the impression you are.
A gathering of students in front of the Hecht will turn violent? Give me a break. Are those students with militancy background or something?
It is not about a few students seen on TV asking for Golden to be fired. It's about enough students showing disgust with the current affair of the football program and demanding change.
The problem to me is, you are not active in the student body to galvanize enough student support. With all due respect you seem to be a lone activist. While admirable, it is ineffective. To force change you need support.
You remind me of the 1-2 union workers with signs in front of Walmart stores.

I am not doing this for notoriety I can assure you of that. I didn't intend for all of it to happen.

It's not that I am not active in the student body. Far from it. The fact is that a lot of students fall into 2 categories: they don't care enough, or they don't want to risk getting in trouble. I'm all for doing things the right way and getting heard.

Well, you've got the notoriety now, Willy. You made it on ESPN 105.1 in Chattanooga, on their afternoon show. Some devilishly handsome caller alerted them to what's been going down in North Kor...err....Coral Gables, and your plight. All of the Tennessee Valley knows you, man. Congrats.

Advertisement
Hecht is best. Doesn't detract from a very good basketball coach and his very good team. Coach L deserves all our respect. Al is just collecting a check and doesn't deserve anything but scorn. Just keep it where he is at the moment.

Hendricks...anything new at the Presidents office?

1. Donna has all but checked out.

2. Admiral Stavridis is the front runner for the position. I may be just getting my hopes up but he appears to be the combination of president that can improve the school academically and invest money into football and the other sports. There's some roadblocks to him being hired but he is the leader for the position as of now.

3. Dr. Stephen Sapp is retiring. I know nobody cares.

4. Dr. Amanullah de Sondy is leaving to take the Head of Religious Studies department at Cork College University in Ireland. I know nobody cares.

5. People are ****ed. The situation regarding Golden was just ugly all around. He will be here next year on a scalding hot seat and anybody saying otherwise is lying.

6. Golden doesn't want to be here but he wants his money more than potentially leaving.

7. I got a new stapler.

8. Butch has a huge dedicated following amongst the younger BOT. His apologizing in The U Part 2 did a lot of good for him with the older BOT.

9. My overall feeling is that Golden wanted to leave and the BOT wanted him to leave but he wanted his money and he wasn't going to take a negotiated buyout to leave. That's where we are.

The whole situation just sucks.

I hope this is helpful. I'll post more when I learn more.

Give the kid some constructive advice. i am sure he is not making any friends at the university. There is a win win for him if he explores it. Not just listening to a bunch of know it all board posters who just want blood and could care less about the university as a whole

Enough Already!! Get the f*ck out of the thread Flake James. Softest shoulder mother f*cker I've ever seen.

2. Admiral Stavridis is the front runner for the position. I may be just getting my hopes up but he appears to be the combination of president that can improve the school academically and invest money into football and the other sports. There's some roadblocks to him being hired but he is the leader for the position as of now.

4. Dr. Amanullah de Sondy is leaving to take the Head of Religious Studies department at Cork College University in Ireland. I know nobody cares.

5. People are ****ed. The situation regarding Golden was just ugly all around. He will be here next year on a scalding hot seat and anybody saying otherwise is lying.

6. Golden doesn't want to be here but he wants his money more than potentially leaving.

7. I got a new stapler.

8. Butch has a huge dedicated following amongst the younger BOT. His apologizing in The U Part 2 did a lot of good for him with the older BOT.

9. My overall feeling is that Golden wanted to leave and the BOT wanted him to leave but he wanted his money and he wasn't going to take a negotiated buyout to leave. That's where we are.

Was? Well I'm glad it worked itself out then lol

Advertisement
Wherrera, dont listen to anyone trying to stop you. I wish there was more students like you who gave a crap when i was there. I cant speak for the current students (i graduated over 2 years ago) but when i was there very few students cared at all about the football team. In my opinion it was because the students at the time had never seen miami dominate. They didnt even know how dominant of a football program UM was. What we desperately need is a few really good seasons with a couple bcs bowls to get students attention back. With how much bigger college football has become since the early 2000's, I know we can get the majority of the students to care about the program again.

Wherrera, dont listen to anyone trying to stop you. I wish there was more students like you who gave a crap when i was there. I cant speak for the current students (i graduated over 2 years ago) but when i was there very few students cared at all about the football team. In my opinion it was because the students at the time had never seen miami dominate. They didnt even know how dominant of a football program UM was. What we desperately need is a few really good seasons with a couple bcs bowls to get students attention back. With how much bigger college football has become since the early 2000's, I know we can get the majority of the students to care about the program again.

I graduated 2 years ago as well and see the same thing. Most of my friends who follow football can't believe people would hurt the program and bring it to its knees by writing on pieces of paper. The only ones who agree with the general sentiment of the board are two I know that played football in high school and have been fans all their lives

7. I got a new stapler.

When I say, "was," I mean to express that no real decision was made, not that a decision to keep him was made. It was more just a quiet surrender.

Advertisement
LOL at people bringing up Michigan. Hey retards, they protested DURING the football season. They got national media attention DURING the football season, and then the administration made a decision AFTER the football season, like all of them do. They didn't go to basketball games after the season was over and get him fired. You guys can do whatever you want, but the decision has been made and the only way Golden is going is on his own.

7. I got a new stapler.

When I say, "was," I mean to express that no real decision was made, not that a decision to keep him was made. It was more just a quiet surrender.

I know. I'm just laughing at this whole situation. That's the point I'm at. Laughter is my defense mechanism

Advertisement
LOL at people bringing up Michigan. Hey retards, they protested DURING the football season. They got national media attention DURING the football season, and then the administration made a decision AFTER the football season, like all of them do. They didn't go to basketball games after the season was over and get him fired. You guys can do whatever you want, but the decision has been made and the only way Golden is going is on his own.

Big frikkin deal! Thanks for letting us know the protesting protocol, SLURPER.

7. I got a new stapler.

Hold on to it.
b6c15a8fb59bb2e3b76d9549ae7c5180.jpg

Advertisement
Back