UM Staff Changes That Could Be Seen as a Compromise

Paranos

All-ACC
If we don't go after David Yost as OC, then we she hire Ken Dorsey as OC/QB he can couch up nkosi Perry the same way he worked with Cam Newton who is notorious for being hard to Coach.

Then the brain trust of the offensive transformation would be bringing in Bob Stitt as offensive Analyst ( UM would have pay $100K+ for him to leave the sinking ship that Ok State has become). Stitt could revise/ modernize Coach Richt's play book and then work on weekly planning.

Jon Richt could stay on staff as a demoted offensive analyst. Thomas Brown would become Running Game coordinator/ RB Coach. Coach Dugans would be passing game coordinator / WR coach. Stitt would teach his system to the staff and implement the newly blended Pro Spread offense.

Dorsey has never called plays but has been around some good play callers so with some input from Coach Richt, Dorsey would call plays based off a weekly game plan developed by Stitt/Richt/Dorsey.

Ken Dorsey brings instant legitimacy to the QB Coaching at Miami. An we could probably flip a 2019 top 20, given the chance for early playing time. Or get Utah QB Transfer Jack Tuttle.

Dorsey is a UM guy so he would stay for several years and Stitt is getting up there in years so he is looking for his last shot at coaching FBS and supercharging a life less Miami offense could be that ticket. Coach gets to still be involved in the game planning but in a minor capacity.

Also Miami should hire Utah State's Special Teams Analyst Jason Shumaker as UM's Special Teams analyst because Coach Hartley needs help badly and Shumaker's special teams have been monsters at punt blocking wherever he goes.

Link
https://utahstateaggies.com/coaches.aspx?rc=278&path=football

Finally UM also should bring in Princeton's OC SEAN GLEESON as a offensive Analyst as well he is a rising coach who's offense avg 38pts a game.

I believe the hires above are good compromise of long term hires that Coach Richt should be able to live with.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Also Miami should hire Utah State's Special Teams Analyst Jason Shumaker as UM's Special Teams analyst because Coach Hartley needs help badly and Shumaker's special teams have been monsters where ever he goes.

Dayum Paranos. You're a beast! I kinda follow Utah State and didn't even know about this guy.

Advertisement
If we don't go after David Yost as OC, then we she hire Ken Dorsey as OC/QB he can couch up nkosi Perry the same way he worked with Cam Newton who is notorious for being hard to Coach.

Then the brain trust of the offensive transformation would be bringing in Bob Stitt as offensive Analyst ( UM would have pay $100K+ for him to leave the sinking ship that Ok State has become). Stitt could revise/ modernize Coach Richt's play book and then work on weekly planning.

Jon Richt could stay on staff as a demoted offensive analyst. Thomas Brown would become Running Game coordinator/ RB Coach. Coach Dugans would be passing game coordinator / WR coach. Stitt would teach his system to the staff and implement the newly blended Pro Spread offense.

Dorsey has never called plays but has been around some good play callers so with some input from Coach Richt, Dorsey would call plays based off a weekly game plan developed by Stitt/Richt/Dorsey.

Ken Dorsey brings instant legitimacy to the QB Coaching at Miami. An we could probably flip a 2019 top 20, given the chance for early playing time. Or get Utah QB Transfer Jack Tuttle.

Dorsey is a UM guy so he would stay for several years and Stitt is getting up there in years so he is looking for his last shot at coaching FBS and supercharging a life less Miami offense could be that ticket. Coach gets to still be involved in the game planning but in a minor capacity.

Also Miami should hire Utah State's Special Teams Analyst Jason Shumaker as UM's Special Teams analyst because Coach Hartley needs help badly and Shumaker's special teams have been monsters where ever he goes.

Finally UM also should bring in Princeton's OC SEAN GLEESON as a offensive Analyst as well he is rising coach who's offense avg 38pts a game.

I believe the hires above are good compromise of long term hires that Coach Richt should be able to live with.

Go Canes

While I want UM to spare no expense on an OC, we know that is not going to happen....especially if it means offensive legend in his own mind Richt has less say so. Dorsey is smart and has picked up quite a bit along the way. If the choice comes down to Richt continuing to call plays and Dorsey....I'm on board for Ken all day long.

All that said, let us never forget the dream of a situation Dorsey found himself in at UM in relation to OL and weapons. He did
"coach" Cam Newton (probably collaborate is a better word) tho....so he has probably a nice mixture of experiences to make a first run.

Bottom line, desperate times and all that ****.

UM

That's why I said the brain trust to revamping the offense would be Bob Stitt as an Analyst. Dorsey would bring what he knows from his time in the NFL and add what he will learn from Stitt the jedi master of the spread offense.

Dorsey's biggest strength is being able to actually communicate with Today's personality at QB. He worked with Jacory Harris( on the side to get his mind right), and the Panthers hired him because he was the pretty much the only coach at IMG Academy that could get through to Cam Newton ( again another character at QB). An now Miami needs some knee to get through to both Perry and Weldon, that can also accelerate Williams Development.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
While I want UM to spare no expense on an OC, we know that is not going to happen....especially if it means offensive legend in his own mind Richt has less say so. Dorsey is smart and has picked up quite a bit along the way. If the choice comes down to Richt continuing to call plays and Dorsey....I'm on board for Ken all day long.

All that said, let us never forget the dream of a situation Dorsey found himself in at UM in relation to OL and weapons. He did
"coach" Cam Newton (probably collaborate is a better word) tho....so he has probably a nice mixture of experiences to make a first run.

Bottom line, desperate times and all that ****.

UM

Exactly ppl around here act like he single handily coached Cam. Is a 100x better than Lil Richt of course

Don't hold your breath, this admin doesn't give AF.
Hence the Larry, Moe, Curly, Bicht corch fest

Why does everyone think Ken Dorsey is a wunderkind?

I loved him as a player and think he did good stuff with Cam, but if he is this can't miss guy, why hasn't someone made him their OC yet? Why hasn't he gotten any HC buzz? Why did he leave the Carolina gig and go to FIU?

Advertisement

I loved him as a player and think he did good stuff with Cam, but if he is this can't miss guy, why hasn't someone made him their OC yet? Why hasn't he gotten any HC buzz? Why did he leave the Carolina gig and go to FIU?
2001, bro.

Pro style or die, bro.

I also like your idea, Paranos, though at the time of Richt's initial hire. Dorsey as QB coach and assistant OC for like 2 years or so before hypothetically taking the reigns this year would have made sense. His experience here, as an NFL player, as a scout, and then a qb coach for Cam, was a great segway into qb coach/assistant OC.

Now, though, he took a large administrator role in an athletic program working a lot with a coach he trusts so it makes you question his motivation to continue coaching in present day.

Obviously Dorsey is a legend but hiring him with NO OC experience at any level is asinine. How many former UM players do we have to hire as coaches and watch fail for you guys to learn?

Advertisement

Contrary to popular opinion Ken actually is interested in being an AD. He loves coaching but his goal is AD.

Obviously Dorsey is a legend but hiring him with NO OC experience at any level is asinine. How many former UM players do we have to hire as coaches and watch fail for you guys to learn?
Qb coach I’m fine with but as an oc? Idk but that one yet

Advertisement
Back