UM Staff Changes That Could Be Seen as a Compromise

Advertisement
tenor.gif

Kenny ain't coming...

"Kenny" is gonna lead us to the promise land again and he going to like it or else he is gonna have a lot of upset Canes.

What's the problem, is it the Preachers son we are applying pressure to get rid of him.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I will never, ever understand the creepy obsession with former players coming back to coach here.

It's OK to hire someone who didn't play here in 2000. Really. They can coach, too.

Advertisement
For those who keep saying Dorsey. GTFOH.

Newton is having his best season as a QB now, even when he won MVP, which he won because of his team success and running. Cam didn't even complete 60% of his passes that year.

Advertisement
Again, just my opinion, but I believe Dorsey could play call better than Richt right now.

If we are going to keep Richt, and he decides one day he would like to be a head coach, then I would be ok with KD IF UM will not spend the money for a quality OC.

Clearly I hear you and the rest of the anti-Dorsey crowd (or 1st time OC crowd) as saying you would prefer to keep things exactly the same if they won't spend the money on an experienced OC....to each his own.

UM

I'm not really Anti Dorsey but he's had a very limited coaching career. As a player he was surrounded by all world talent, as a coach he had Cam newton as a QB. Going from those situations to Malik Rosier and Jahair Jones and company as a first time OC is a totally different situation.

Anyway if we're not going to spend the money would i rather strip brown of the CO OC Title , fire JR. and hire Dorsey...sure.

He’s a very offensive minded coach that seems to really be doing some good things there all things considered

He is coaching his alma mater though

He is a good head coach. Hired Todd Orlando as his DC and Yost as OC. Has had some misses for sure but he has to replace a coordinator basically every year if they are any good since they pay peanuts even by Mountain West standards. One of his best hires was Mark Tommerdahl as special teams coordinator prior to the 2017 season. Their special teams had been mediocre and he improved that group dramatically. They have an excellent kicker and punter and good coverage units. Their KR leads the country in average yards per return I believe. Tommerdahl is at Purdue now and is someone we should pursue here honestly.

He had Heupel there before Yost who I believe is at UCF now as head coach. Wells himself was a good OC prior to taking the HC job there.

Ironically, he had a reputation as a meddler and had his hands on the offense and was calling plays for awhile or involved in the playcalling and they had a few bad seasons in there and he was told to hire an OC and empower them to run the offense without interference which is when he hired Yost. Their offense was improved last year but they had really spotty QB play from a Senior and went to Jordan Love midway through the year and he has taken off and their offense is pretty impressive right now.

He was set to take the Oregon State job when Gary Anderson got it so I think he would leave Utah State but not sure Miami is a good fit for him.

Advertisement
That's why I said the brain trust to revamping the offense would be Bob Stitt as an Analyst. Dorsey would bring what he knows from his time in the NFL and add what he will learn from Stitt the jedi master of the spread offense.

Dorsey's biggest strength is being able to actually communicate with Today's personality at QB. He worked with Jacory Harris( on the side to get his mind right), and the Panthers hired him because he was the pretty much the only coach at IMG Academy that could get through to Cam Newton ( again another character at QB). An now Miami needs some knee to get through to both Perry and Weldon, that can also accelerate Williams Development.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Wow @Paranos , I like everything you posted! From your lips to Gods ears and many prayers...

If we don't go after David Yost as OC, then we she hire Ken Dorsey as OC/QB he can couch up nkosi Perry the same way he worked with Cam Newton who is notorious for being hard to Coach.

Then the brain trust of the offensive transformation would be bringing in Bob Stitt as offensive Analyst ( UM would have pay $100K+ for him to leave the sinking ship that Ok State has become). Stitt could revise/ modernize Coach Richt's play book and then work on weekly planning.

Jon Richt could stay on staff as a demoted offensive analyst. Thomas Brown would become Running Game coordinator/ RB Coach. Coach Dugans would be passing game coordinator / WR coach. Stitt would teach his system to the staff and implement the newly blended Pro Spread offense.

Dorsey has never called plays but has been around some good play callers so with some input from Coach Richt, Dorsey would call plays based off a weekly game plan developed by Stitt/Richt/Dorsey.

Ken Dorsey brings instant legitimacy to the QB Coaching at Miami. An we could probably flip a 2019 top 20, given the chance for early playing time. Or get Utah QB Transfer Jack Tuttle.

Dorsey is a UM guy so he would stay for several years and Stitt is getting up there in years so he is looking for his last shot at coaching FBS and supercharging a life less Miami offense could be that ticket. Coach gets to still be involved in the game planning but in a minor capacity.

Also Miami should hire Utah State's Special Teams Analyst Jason Shumaker as UM's Special Teams analyst because Coach Hartley needs help badly and Shumaker's special teams have been monsters at punt blocking wherever he goes.

Link
https://utahstateaggies.com/coaches.aspx?rc=278&path=football

Finally UM also should bring in Princeton's OC SEAN GLEESON as a offensive Analyst as well he is a rising coach who's offense avg 38pts a game.

I believe the hires above are good compromise of long term hires that Coach Richt should be able to live with.

Go Canes

Sorry but there is no cabe legacy either player or coach that I woukd want it back as part of the staff. This program need bew blood, new ideas. We are irrelevant for 15 years.

Advertisement
Back