UM Staff Changes That Could Be Seen as a Compromise

Contrary to popular opinion Ken actually is interested in being an AD. He loves coaching but his goal is AD.

Yeah. AD is where the U needs KD. Not as an OC. The U can and quite frankly needs to do better on the OC front. No experiments. No cutting teeth on the job.

Advertisement
Then if no Dorsey the proposal is the same and just replace Dorsey with David Yost. Pay the man, offer him 600k an go from there.

An actually Yost would fit into Coach Richt's family man preference.

Go Canes

Then if no Dorsey the proposal is the same and just replace Dorsey with David Yost. Pay the man, offer him 600k an go from there.

Go Canes

I know it's a long shot but if Rich is willing to step back and hire a guy like Yost we would actually have a chance to beat Clemson.

And right now we haven't done that for a long time.

Advertisement

Go Canes
It’s crazy how we have to think about his preferences when it comes to comprising a staff. Devout Christian, family man, all that **** is insane and it’s why the staff is bad now. Only guideline should be is he a good coach, recruiter, and can he help us win.

Advertisement
Since we want both Utah St 's OC and ST coach, why not just hire the HC since he seems to know how to build a staff?
He’s a very offensive minded coach that seems to really be doing some good things there all things considered

He is coaching his alma mater though

Advertisement
Gleeson is the real deal.

**** right he's the real deal!

i remember him when he was being recruited out of high school. i was hoping he would end up at yale, but they went with another kid that year.

was a great kid at williams, and totally is on the rise.

he's an upgrade over jon richt.

Contrary to popular opinion Ken actually is interested in being an AD. He loves coaching but his goal is AD.

Great, would love to get him in here in that role one day. But enough with this **** about him being the answer to our offensive woes, then.

Advertisement
Obviously Dorsey is a legend but hiring him with NO OC experience at any level is asinine. How many former UM players do we have to hire as coaches and watch fail for you guys to learn?

Again, just my opinion, but I believe Dorsey could play call better than Richt right now.

If we are going to keep Richt, and he decides one day he would like to be a head coach, then I would be ok with KD IF UM will not spend the money for a quality OC.

Clearly I hear you and the rest of the anti-Dorsey crowd (or 1st time OC crowd) as saying you would prefer to keep things exactly the same if they won't spend the money on an experienced OC....to each his own.

UM

Only good compromise is fire Richt. As long as he is in charge names under him. may change but he still controls the 4 play play book.

Last edited:
That's why I said the brain trust to revamping the offense would be Bob Stitt as an Analyst. Dorsey would bring what he knows from his time in the NFL and add what he will learn from Stitt the jedi master of the spread offense.

Dorsey's biggest strength is being able to actually communicate with Today's personality at QB. He worked with Jacory Harris( on the side to get his mind right), and the Panthers hired him because he was the pretty much the only coach at IMG Academy that could get through to Cam Newton ( again another character at QB). An now Miami needs some knee to get through to both Perry and Weldon, that can also accelerate Williams Development.

Go Canes

Go Canes
Kenny ain't coming...

Advertisement
Back