UM opens +3.5 vs Clemson

Advertisement
Miami will beat Clemson

Klubnik is 99th out of 100 qualified passers in yards per attempt. They don't trust him to do **** with the football. Shipley and Maufa are tough on the ground, but there is zero to fear in their passing game, and obviously we know our talent at corner is the one area that is not up to par yet on this defense.

No reason why they should score a lot of points on us unless we give them short fields, which obviously we've done a lot of the last 2 games. If we win the turnover battle, we win this game. Good luck with that, though, the way Miami is giving it away right now.

Maybe one glimmer of hope? Clemson has lost 7 fumbles this year, only 3 teams in the country have lost more.

Klubnik is 99th out of 100 qualified passers in yards per attempt. They don't trust him to do **** with the football. Shipley and Maufa are tough on the ground, but there is zero to fear in their passing game, and obviously we know our talent at corner is the one area that is not up to par yet on this defense.

No reason why they should score a lot of points on us unless we give them short fields, which obviously we've done a lot of the last 2 games. If we win the turnover battle, we win this game. Good luck with that, though, the way Miami is giving it away right now.

Maybe one glimmer of hope? Clemson has lost 7 fumbles this year, only 3 teams in the country have lost more.
Miami could lose the turnover battle by 2, as long as it’s not interceptions inside their own 20 and fumbles at the goal line and I’d still say we beat them.

They have no over the top threat. Not a single guy that will challenge our safeties and bait them into mistakes.

As a result, run fits will be better and they’ll look like all Americans back there.

On offense we’ll do just enough. I say something like 28-14 or 31-21.

99 out of 100?

Great, that means he has his career game vs Miami

Advertisement
The downward spiral has begun and I don't have confidence in Mario to keep it from happening.

A big win against a very beatable Clemson team adds some optimism to the season but we're on our way down and I doubt Mario has the equity in the locker room to turn it around.

He definitely doesn't have it on game day so he'll need to get some fire out of the kids during the week so they can overcome his coaching deficiencies on game day.

Miami could lose the turnover battle by 2, as long as it’s not interceptions inside their own 20 and fumbles at the goal line and I’d still say we beat them.

They have no over the top threat. Not a single guy that will challenge our safeties and bait them into mistakes.

As a result, run fits will be better and they’ll look like all Americans back there.

On offense we’ll do just enough. I say something like 28-14 or 31-21.
1697463717174.gif

99 out of 100?

Great, that means he has his career game vs Miami

I know it's fun to pile on and say everything is bad and the program should fold, but we haven't made any QBs look like Superman this year at all. Maye threw 4 TD passes which looks great, but he had his 2nd lowest completion percentage of his career on Saturday night. He had 8.3 yards per attempt, which is a little above average. But he made some very explosive plays, for sure. Just saying, that old joke about every QB winning the Heisman against Miami really hasn't held true so far this year. But we'll see what Klubnik does.

I don’t care how we do it, but I want to just get this win. A win against Clemson will show some progress over previous seasons, and is something to build on for this season and next.

The Canes are obviously not good enough to win on talent alone. Sometimes, I wonder if the Canes are using the talent that they do have properly. Nonetheless, the Canes need to stop the bleeding and show themselves, the fans and the potential recruits that they will start beating teams that they have normally lost to over the years

Advertisement
This.

They are painfully unexplosive on offense, I expect the defense to play well and hold them down pretty well.

But the offensive line is going to have its hands full, and TVD is going to be under more pressure than he has been to date. I would hope we incorporate more quick game, screens (we had one set up for a huge gain that their best defensive player made a great play on last week), quick hitters.

I definitely do not see 41-31. Something in the neighborhood of 26-23.
Unc gave our tackles their worst game, clemson always have dudes there. Score might end up even lower than that, we should go tempo and get the ball out quick

Clemson scares me quite a bit less than UNC did. If we didn’t turn the ball over or capitalized on our chances to turn UNC over it would have been a one possession game. Call me crazy but I think we take this one.

My issue is that there is no way tvd isn’t hurt.
The ball is slow and not accurate. So unless he’s going through a mental breakdown or doing it on purpose why is he playing?
So until they say he’s sitting, expect to lose a lot of our games. If we can’t put points on gt any team with decent athletes and a competent dc is gonna expose him and they already have.

Feel bad cause the same thing happened last year and he want to make it to the league.
But what’s the point of his draft stock is plummeting like Lehman Brothers in 2008.

If there is one thing that nfl teams and scouts are allergic to is interceptions.
TVD my 1 issue that he needs to correct is his clock just standing in pocket too long. Take off and run had plenty of opportunities to run for good yards against UNC he’s gonna have to do it against Clemson

Yeah, but we all know our tragic history of making meh QBs look like the second coming.

Advertisement
Clemson scares me quite a bit less than UNC did. If we didn’t turn the ball over or capitalized on our chances to turn UNC over it would have been a one possession game. Call me crazy but I think we take this one.
If Miami doesn’t have more then 1 turnover Miami should win. Clemson is a shell of its self. No weapons on the outside weak OL QB isn’t great. Defense is good but Clemson struggles to score. Should be a slip fest and thankfully we are home which gives us some help

I would spread Clemson as thin as possible with 4 and 5 WRs.

I would also utilize Jacurri Brown in some run game and maybe even trick packages. Get creative.

Me personally I would bring him in 4 WR/1 RB set, zone read PA fake, and throw a long fade to Harrell where it's either a catch or incompletion. Let Clemson know he will
Do more than just run, then some of his run game packages could be more effective.

Advertisement
If we lose this week, the wheels are really going to fall off

They are deflated now, with a Win we get back on track and hopefully get a couple wins against bad teams and go into FSU at 7-2

If we lose, mentally lose the team and I could see us slipping up against one of Virginia or NC St and limp into FSU at 5-4

Yeah Clemson offense isn’t special at all but they’ll run on us with those two backs. Cade isn’t that good but he will hurt us with his legs.

Now their defense will ruin us. No doubt. No way we can correct the scheme and personnel issues in one week. And this team looks like it’s on quit watch.

37-10 Clemson
We couldn't bring down UNC's rb....took 3 tacklers to bring him down every time. Makes me cringe thinking of what Clemson's rb's are about to do. We better get plenty of defenders to the football.

Advertisement
Back