UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

Miami is bringing the heat on those guys regardless. Manny and T-rob and dvd are focusing on the top kids.
You don’t have to worry about the old Miami f ups I used to ***** about. Even if T Rob is higher on another prospect he’ll still recruit the **** out of the backup plans. Previously Miami would disappear if they felt their plan a was locked up. Which hurt Miami multiple times. The staff has learned and T Rob already knew this.

Advertisement
The thing about Spells is that the UM staff isn’t as high on him as many fans are. Or at least that’s what some folks are saying.

Don’t know who’s right or wrong. Our staff has been wrong a pot the past 2 decades. But T Rob has more credibility in my view than prior DB coaches. Still, when it was about little, the talk was we preferred Spells.

The truth is, the narrative is often wrong in recruiting. The spells / little stuff was about fans signaling their emotions. We’ll see who the staff wants and who they get. Got a lot of respect for posters who bring independent views (@gogeta4).

You don’t have to worry about the old Miami f ups I used to ***** about. Even if T Rob is higher on another prospect he’ll still recruit the **** out of the backup plans. Previously Miami would disappear if they felt their plan a was locked up. Which hurt Miami multiple times. The staff has learned and T Rob already knew this.
It’s really amazing how obvious it was that we weren’t recruiting properly before. It’s like we had coaches who thought recruiting was like dating and it’s wrong to work backup options. The reality is it’s a business and the old UM approach failed over and over and over.

The thing about Spells is that the UM staff isn’t as high on him as many fans are. Or at least that’s what some folks are saying.

Don’t know who’s right or wrong. Our staff has been wrong a pot the past 2 decades. But T Rob has more credibility in my view than prior DB coaches. Still, when it was about little, the talk was we preferred Spells.

The truth is, the narrative is often wrong in recruiting. The spells / little stuff was about fans signaling their emotions. We’ll see who the staff wants and who they get. Got a lot of respect for posters who bring independent views (@gogeta4).
It's not just miami,look at his offers.Here you have a 6 ft cb with 10.7 speed at a school every college recruiter knows and none of the big dogs are biting.

Advertisement
Referring to Hammett I assume, not Spells?
Yes, Hammett was having issues clearing admissions. The staff actually liked him but wasn’t sure they could get him in and they wasn’t risking it. As for Spells , I‘m
not sure if he could commit. There’s bigger names they’re after and the plan is to be in the 20 range with spots. I know they’re being very picky.

I’m out of the loop with things but my spidey sense says if he’s commiting to Wvu he’s just guaranteeing a spot somewhere.

We do prefer Spells to Little. If you recall, the Little uproar started because his dad said we were ignoring him. We’re keeping contact with Spells. I also prefer Spells and have said so since before either recruitment got going.

I think the situation with Spells is that we have so many top names on the board. Singletary is heating up, Fegans is in play and Rogers/Graves are practically in the boat. The Singletary news in particular is a game-changer. I also hear we are high on the Henderson twins.

We do prefer Spells to Little. If you recall, the Little uproar started because his dad said we were ignoring him. We’re keeping contact with Spells. I also prefer Spells and have said so since before either recruitment got going.

I think the situation with Spells is that we have so many top names on the board. Singletary is heating up, Fegans is in play and Rogers/Graves are practically in the boat. The Singletary news in particular is a game-changer. I also hear we are high on the Henderson twins.

interesting that they’re so high on the Henderson twins who seem like way bigger projects than Spells. Skinny as ****

Advertisement

Seems like Singletary is holding Spells spot hostage? Any particular reason why we don’t take Spells now & if Singletary wants in later, we figure it out?

I really don’t know, and you’re closer to it than me for sure, but some folks who have access don’t seem to think the staff is so high on spells, and the recruitment is consistent with that.

You really
46D32AB2-CB4B-4BCD-8DF0-4B21DE13CC03.gif
Think He’s going to WVU?

Advertisement

Love the Henderson twins. If it gets to a point where they just focus on football, they will be at another level. Ridiculous ceilings.

I don’t mind losing spells if we land some top dudes, it is what it is. We all want sofla talent but if we can get a better player so be it.
Spells is a fan favorite and may not be as high on our board as some though and his offer list doesn’t scream elite prospect. Yes, I know stars and offers aren’t everything.

However, what somewhat worries
me is that this game has been played way too many times down here by coaches who recruited for bag schools and think they can just come to UM and the flood gates will open cause they coached at some sec school and got dudes in the league. How many “plan b” kids have we missed out on cause we were after some blue chip that some coach had no problem landing at another school but keep striking out at um. A lot of those plan b kids balled tf out at other schools.

I know trob isn’t a rookie at this recruiting thing and all the recruits keep saying how tight they are with him. It’s obvious who we are recruiting at db and safety and we ain’t battling Louisville and Indiana for them. Rodgers, Feagans, Graves, Williams and Wilson are in play for the top bag schools. Singletary is already a suckeyes commit and flipping a borderline 5 star from a school like that is even more of a task.
I hope everyone saying they trust trob are right.

Advertisement
Give me about 30 days and I’m going to be all on the Singletary train and no one will be able to push me off of it. The kid hasnt even been up to Ohio yet to visit OSU, he has never been there.
He visits this month which I think is good. We get him for another under the radar visit or two and lock up an official visit for the fall. Watch the momentum swing our way….

Advertisement
Back