UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

Advertisement
C15727A2-C737-4F86-95B5-F7E5E05F35CC.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage Top247 cornerback Jacolby Spells is planning to announce a commitment in less than a month. Spells told 247Sports on Monday that he intends to go public with a decision on July 4.

"That's locked in now," Spells said when reached by phone. "I changed it from August 1 because I felt like that was too far."

Spells, who 247Sports pegs as the nation's No. 27 cornerback prospect in the class of 2022, took an official to Miami over the weekend. That's after taking an official visit to West Virginia the weekend prior.

"They are both good teams," Spells said when asked to compare the two. "They both have a family atmosphere. They are really big on building a bond between the players and coaches."

Spells will take an unofficial visit to Georgia on Tuesday. He will then make his way up to Indiana on Friday for another official visit.

“I really just want to see why the coaches want me at their schools and if I’m going to be a fit on their teams,” Spells said.

Spells is also tentatively scheduled to take an official visit to Syracuse the weekend of June 25, although it sounds like that trip will likely be called off.

As a junior, Spells totaled 32 tackles and an interception for a Patriots team that captured a state title playing in the Sunshine State's 5A classification. The wide receiver-turned-cornerback is considered one of the fastest prospects in the Sunshine State having gone 10.8 in the 100-meter dash. The 247Sports' Crystal Ball currently holds forecasts in favor of both the Mountaineers and Hurricanes.

Advertisement
I've never felt good about landing this guy even when most here thought he was a lock.Don't trust AH and the kid is a bit of a character/joker.Looks like the staff is aware and keep bringing cbs to workout for them like Jackise Alexander and Ja'kari Henderson.they are also going hard after Singletary too.

Will be fun watching all the people who said losing Little didn’t matter because we are getting the better AH CB prospect now say that Spells isn’t even really that big of a loss.

Hopefully we can change the kids mind though, can’t be conceding high priority kids to ******* WVU.

Advertisement
Back