UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

Advertisement
Advertisement
This happens if a kid wants the green light on his OV and gets the amber light. Happens all the time. This means we gave the green light, which was accepted to other higher ranked kids by the staff.

JaCorey Hammet decommitted from Miami to go to WVU. It happens. Spells looks the part and I’d like to have in the class, but if he does commit to WVU, I’m glad that he’s choosing to commit early so that Miami could really bring the heat on Singletary and ***on. We have Rogers and Graves locked in.

JaCorey Hammet decommitted from Miami to go to WVU. It happens. Spells looks the part and I’d like to have in the class, but if he does commit to WVU, I’m glad that he’s choosing to commit early so that Miami could really bring the heat on Singletary and ***on. We have Rogers and Graves locked in.
He stopped recruiting him for better guys

Advertisement
Eh, if we are prioritizing the #1 DB in the state committed to a perennial playoff contender over a local talent like Spells, then we haven’t learned much.

***ans has all of those “offers”, but couldn’t commit to Bama or UGA right now if he wanted to. Spells is a higher priority than a Nickel type that we haven’t even seen and offered months after we offered Spells in Cull. Spells could commit right now, highly doubt either of the Henderson twins could, so to put them on the same level...I’d disagree with. Rogers, Graves? Sure, the rest are just names to justify that foolish argument. Spells is a top CB priority and has been for months. For anyone to imply that this would be us saying no or falling back, is just in denial.
I'm just trying to fit pieces here.Kid thought to be one of our top targets,his best offers are WV and Syracuse.And again it was mentioned on this board that someone spoke to someone on the AH staff about him and the dude said miami was playing.Now the WV noise and I wonder if he is not a priority for miami.We already have 2 pretty much in the bag in Rogers and Graves,just need 1 more and I can see our coaches go all out for Singletary and ***an.

Advertisement
.....and if this kid ultimately does not sign with us, wont change the way I feel about T Rob/DVD. Things like this happen, is what it is. We are still going to sign our best DB class in years with those 2 in charge. So, before the real mopes come in with that mess, just wanted to clarify.

Optics wise this doesn’t look great but I’d have to imagine Rogers and Graves are locked in at this point. I’d understand keeping that third CB spot open and trying to fill it later at this point. Especially if they feel strongly about Fegans. Just seems like they are keeping him warm in the event some guys fall through.

Advertisement
Will be fun watching all the people who said losing Little didn’t matter because we are getting the better AH CB prospect now say that Spells isn’t even really that big of a loss.

Hopefully we can change the kids mind though, can’t be conceding high priority kids to ******* WVU.
Honestly, if he’s committing to WVA then we told him to hold off and he was never that high in the board just like Little. There’s no way you look at WVA DB coach Shadon Brown and then look at TRob who just had a CB he coached be the first CB in the draft and go “hmmm yea WVA is better for my development”. Either they dropped a bag(doubtful) or we told him to hold off.

Advertisement
Back