UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

Advertisement
I don't disagree but from AH and Spells' side, they could choose to say it's "playing games". Again, it was just a theory but we need one of our resident insiders to let us know what "games" are.

It's a lose lose situation with some of these local schools and coaches. So we offer a kid early that they want us to offer, and let's say he commits. With the Miami offer in hand he gets more attention from bag schools. He takes the bag and leaves us hanging. Miami is expected to respect the decision. On the otherhand, if he commits early and we wind up getting a better prospect and pull the offer, coaches are ****ed with Miami and do not respect the decision.

Not saying that you're wrong but why did we accept Lee's commitment if he said he still plans on taking OVs to other schools (according to Stefan's write up)?
I never said they wouldn’t accept a commitment. Lee knew he had a small window and had to jump , there might be only one slot in the class. Two at most. They’re just telling kids there’s no sense in commiting if you aren’t sure or want to take a bunch of visits. Take your visits then make a decision. Which keeps you from
twenty decommitments. The days of pressing kids is over. At least early in the process.

Last edited:
I never said they wouldn’t accept a commitment. Lee knew he had a small window and had to jump , there might be only one slot in the class. Two at most. They’re just telling kids there’s no sense in commiting if you aren’t sure or want to take a bunch of visits. Take your visits then make a decision. Which keeps you from
twenty decommitments. The days of pressing kids is over. At least early in the process.
So would that be considered "playing games"?

Advertisement

- Spells visiting Canes for June 1 cookout unofficially and then comes back on 6/11 for an OV

-Taking OV to West Virginia weekend of June 4-6. WVA remains a real contender in Spells recruitment

- Now going up to UGA with his mother for a 1 day unofficial on June 15th. UGA offered Spells in August 2020 but hadn't been in much contact until recently.
"I have been communicating with Georgia coaches a lot more, so I'm going to go up there and see everything they are talking about," Spells said. "I like Georgia. I have been a Georgia fan since I was younger. I have always wanted to play for them."

- Taking an OV to Indiana the weekend of June 18th

- Taking an OV to Syracuse the weekend of June 25th.
247 believes the Orange might be a dark horse of sorts in the recruitment and that's in large part because of ace recruiter Nick Monroe.

"I like how they got a family up there with all of the coaches," Spells explained. "They are all close with the players. [Dino Babers] is real close with my mom. He's always commutating with her and she likes that."

Spells is also trying to work something out with UF.
The Gators also didn't really get involved with Spells until they offered two weeks ago.

"I'm trying to work something out with them," Spells said. "Coach Jules [Montinar] seems cool."

Last edited:

- Spells visiting Canes for June 1 cookout unofficially and then comes back on 6/11 for an OV

-Taking OV to West Virginia weekend of June 4-6. WVA remains a real contender in Spells recruitment

- Now going up to UGA with his mother for a 1 day unofficial on June 15th. UGA offered Spells in August 2020 but hadn't been in much contact until recently.
"I have been communicating with Georgia coaches a lot more, so I'm going to go up there and see everything they are talking about," Spells said. "I like Georgia. I have been a Georgia fan since I was younger. I have always wanted to play for them."

247 believes the Orange might be a dark horse of sorts in the recruitment and that's in large part because of ace recruiter Nick Monroe.

"I like how they got a family up there with all of the coaches," Spells explained. "They are all close with the players. [Dino Babers] is real close with my mom. He's always commutating with her and she likes that."

The Gators also didn't really get involved with Spells until they offered two weeks ago.

"I'm trying to work something out with them," Spells said. "Coach Jules [Montinar] seems cool."

UGA fan? Really...really??

Working out something with UF...

It's starting to quack like a duck.

Advertisement
Ah.........the proverbial rinse & repeat. We show early love, offer, stay on him, SEC feeder school than quoted as saying " we're playing games " which likely means not compliant with the bag game, so he's being pushed to highly consider UF & UGA 🤦‍♂️. Time to start pushing guys like Graves, Mullen, Cull to commit asap to avoid any scrambling if spells takes the direct deposit.

Lol but we have T Rob

An ace recruiter can’t even fix the local SoFla hate for The U and obsession with $$$EC

Ah.........the proverbial rinse & repeat. We show early love, offer, stay on him, SEC feeder school than quoted as saying " we're playing games " which likely means not compliant with the bag game, so he's being pushed to highly consider UF & UGA 🤦‍♂️. Time to start pushing guys like Graves, Mullen, Cull to commit asap to avoid any scrambling if spells takes the direct deposit.
Inexplicably, TRob follows me on twitter. I’m going to DM him exactly what you are suggesting. We can only pray he takes our advice 🙏

Advertisement
Advertisement

Seems like he’s a distant option for the SEC schools. This screams he wants more attention from the SEC. Hopefully we can land some DB commits soon and put the pressure on him to get his spot or move on.

Sounds like Mom is going to pick out a house in Athens

Sounds like he's not a take for UGA and maybe even UF. Or at least those schools aren't on him hard. Kid needs to stop playing and help build the class.
You can be **** sure the football staff at AH aka Athens Housing is pushing him away from Miami.

Imo if he were at any other school not named Palmetto, he’d already be committed or a lock to commit.

For all I know he is a silent or something but based on how the info sounds, the Athens Housing staff is doing all they can to push him somewhere they’d prefer.

Cribby you've been saying all along this will be a small class,Cooney recently also mentioned it could be as small as 16 yet our fans don't seem to understand it.I see people here all the time wanting 3 DTS,4CBs,3 or 4 WRs and there's just no room for any of that.Even Spells who most thought was a sure thing for us,if he keeps playing and guys like Rodgers,Graves and 1 of ***an or Mullen jump on,he's out.

Advertisement
Back