UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

247 Oklahoma writer Parker Thune just dropped a level 5 CB to OU for Jackson... The article he posted sounded much more confident than that as well. He said the only two scenarios he doesn't see Jackson committing to OU is 1) we beat Bama week 1 and make a statement; or 2) he doesn't feel like he can get early playing time at Oklahoma. He did say that he could see Jackson waiting till early signing day to pick.
The issue with Jackson was fitting in here. Not sure he thinks he can fit in.

Advertisement
With these oos kids its hard to stay in control of the recruitment. Once they OV if they leave uncommitted its hard to keep pressure from a place that the kid really has no ties to.

Advertisement
Pick one:
Alfonzo
Devon
Medlock
Cause I feel like we’re only taking one of these with wes.
I see us taking 3… Wes, Medlock, and probably Fonzo

why? Because I see a mass exodus as upper class men who haven’t played will see the writing on the wall and leave for greener pastures

I hope we're still recruiting Avian Rice from Ft Myers Dunbar he's a 6'1 205 ATH. Plays S CB M/OLB when he hits you go down

Wes Medlock Avian would be a nice haul. In the highlights im about to post you see he plays well in space diagnose plays and attacks.

Also plays on Offense. Another true football player like Chase Smith (not comparing the two FYI)

I love his game though and he was here for the first out BBQ. I can see him playing any LB/Striker position and doing it well.

I hope we're still recruiting Avian Rice from Ft Myers Dunbar he's a 6'1 205 ATH. Plays S CB M/OLB when he hits you go down

Wes Medlock Avian would be a nice haul. In the highlights im about to post you see he plays well in space diagnose plays and attacks.

Also plays on Offense. Another true football player like Chase Smith (not comparing the two FYI)

I love his game though and he was here for the first out BBQ. I can see him playing any LB/Striker position and doing it well.

He does hit like a truck

Advertisement
The issue with Jackson was fitting in here. Not sure he thinks he can fit in.
It's a real thing man.
Coming out of high school, I got recruited by every university in central and eastern Canada.
I'm in Northern Ontario Canada, and because just culture I went to the only French/bilingual university in Ontario.
It's easier to feel at home and comfortable.
I know way different location but the premise is the same.

First time watching his tape and I am very impressed. Kid is every bit as good if not more than Jacorey Thomas. I am all for HS athletes who produce on both sides of the ball and take your head off every chance they get. He can play here and would thrive at striker for us.

Nice player for sure but linebacker? Looks a little small to play linebacker. Maybe he can play WLB in the mold of Keontra Smith but I would see him more as a strong safety on the next level than backer.

Nice player for sure but linebacker? Looks a little small to play linebacker. Maybe he can play WLB in the mold of Keontra Smith but I would see him more as a strong safety on the next level than backer.

I see him as a better version of Amari Carter SS that converts to Striker/OLB just too bad took five years before the position change.

I can see him playing the position with feeley getting ahold of him. Picture a 6'1+ 225 (if he has a growth spurt & summer workouts) that can cover read react and smack, yikes.

I just wonder if the coaches are still in contact, definitely a solid plan B in my opinion.

Advertisement
It's a real thing man.
Coming out of high school, I got recruited by every university in central and eastern Canada.
I'm in Northern Ontario Canada, and because just culture I went to the only French/bilingual university in Ontario.
It's easier to feel at home and comfortable.
I know way different location but the premise is the same.
North of Timmons?

Advertisement
Latest from OU site. They are basically treating him like a side piece. Give him a call and one last push and if that doesn’t work, move the **** on. Kid reached out to OU after he was supposedly down to us and ASU.

“Sources I talked to say OU is full at LB and that they are recruiting Devon Jackson, but I don’t think they would have room for him to be a take at this time.

Now, come November or December (maybe earlier) that could change if there is some attrition at the position, but I have had multiple sources tell me OU is full at ILB.

Maybe they take from WR since they have lost two and use one of those spots at ILB? But I don’t think that decision has been fully decided at this time.”

Advertisement
Back