UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

Jackson basically said he had chosen ASU before he visited Miami.

Makes you wonder, was he really even giving us a fair shot.

Now the ASU sanctions getting scary, and he reaches out to another team?

My non insider opinion says, read the tea leaves here.
He doesn’t seem to feel like he fits in. Or maybe he doesn’t want to fit in here.

Whatever it is, an out of state kid this nervous about everything is a recipe for portal. Appears we’ve moved on and that is the right call. You don’t win with guys this timid about being a part of your program.

Advertisement
Jackson basically said he had chosen ASU before he visited Miami.

Makes you wonder, was he really even giving us a fair shot.

Now the ASU sanctions getting scary, and he reaches out to another team?

My non insider opinion says, read the tea leaves here.

I agree, he doesnt wanna come here. I mean, you say you are down to ASU and Miami, then one of the two schools falls into some deep ****, the simple solution is to commit to your remaining favorite. Instead, he seems to be looking everywhere else but Miami.

Tell him to explore those other schools, if he cant find a home in OU or Texas or wherever AND we strike out with Wes, we can come back and talk again in November.

Advertisement
LB recruiting continues to be an issue for LBU.
Just imagine what T Will could have done had he stayed...

I wonder what the disconnect is between these LB recruits and the staff. I'm not saying we should be in it for every top LB but it's ridiculous that we have to reach for guys with "potential" every cycle, which we rarely ever witness. When are we going to get the for-sure thing? Wesley's a start but we need more like him.

Agreed but I am a huge DeSean Troutman fan! I think once his body gets D-1 like, he is the aggressive almost insane backer we need. But i agree
I wish to God someone would be str8 on how tall he is. I watched 2 Edgewater games last year and thought he jumped off the screen. Kid is an animal. That said, I’ve read where people have said he is only 5’9 and other places I read he is 6’0. I’m w fan tho.

Just imagine what T Will could have done had he stayed...

I wonder what the disconnect is between these LB recruits and the staff. I'm not saying we should be in it for every top LB but it's ridiculous that we have to reach for guys with "potential" every cycle, which we rarely ever witness. When are we going to get the for-sure thing? Wesley's a start but we need more like him.
In years past, the issue was likely poor planning and weak and lazy recruiting combined with poor evals.

At this point, I suspect staffs recruiting against Manny for LBs are pretty good at pointing out that LB is a tough spot in his defensive scheme. Our DL doesn't absorb OL (or contain well) so the job of our LBs is tough. There's a reason our safeties pile up tackles.

Advertisement
I wish to God someone would be str8 on how tall he is. I watched 2 Edgewater games last year and thought he jumped off the screen. Kid is an animal. That said, I’ve read where people have said he is only 5’9 and other places I read he is 6’0. I’m w fan tho.

DeShawn Troutman is #9 I would say he is 5'10" in cleats at most in this picture.
GPKQ6VCDVZBXPBFRE2S5FNZ7C4.jpg

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Well if staff thought that they would've gone balls deep in the portal to catch a LB.. And they had many too choose from and didn't go after them. Just saying staff seems to like what they have.

It seems like only this forum is desperate for new LBs. The coaches havent panicked at all, we didnt see any of the decent portal LBs get picked up, and it doesnt seem like we've sent out tons of committable offers either. We've even cooled off on plan B type kids like Lathan and a couple other names i forgot. This whole cycle, the only 4 names we've consistently heard are Bissainthe, Tolan, Jackson and Medlock.

Maybe they see what i see. 7 kids coming back for 2 spots, with additional eligibility for 2 more in Steed and Jennings. Taking even 2 LBs in this class means we're tying up 9-11 schollies for 2 starting spots, which seems like super questionable roster management especially when we have to be extra smart with our schollie allocations.

If it was me, if Medlock commits, I would trade away Bissainthe for Stewart or Singletary or Fegans or Wilson or Markeith in a microsecond. We have real needs at DB with tons of CBs likely leaving after this year and Avantae gone.

Last edited:
Well if staff thought that they would've gone balls deep in the portal to catch a LB.. And they had many too choose from and didn't go after them. Just saying staff seems to like what they have.
How many times have we heard that excuse … er, explanation … the past two decades. Brian Monroe says ‘hi’.

Advertisement
Back