UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

Advertisement
Are there any legit stats for him? Shuttle times or 40 times? Seems a Flagg clone to me. Hope he’s got better burst.

Full disclosure, I didn’t want Flagg. But I would take Medlock given our other options.

Are there any legit stats for him? Shuttle times or 40 times? Seems a Flagg clone to me. Hope he’s got better burst.

Full disclosure, I didn’t want Flagg. But I would take Medlock given our other options.

I am a big Corey Flagg fan. Sometimes coaches and fans overthink the ILB position. Everyone wants a guy who is 6'3" 230 lbs and runs a 4.5 40. The main thing I want to do is "can he tackle." A highly motivated player can get stronger and faster if puts in the work. You can't really coach instincts. A LB either has "it" or he doesn't. All that speed doesn't matter if he is slow at mentally processing plays or takes bad angles. Flagg was a tackling machine in high school district where they play very high level football. I think he was absolutely worth a scholarship and is going to have a good career at Miami.

Advertisement

This is the lazy takes that happen… where is the similarities? Because their both from Houston Texas? Lol

Medlock is 6’1 210 per 247
Flagg was 5’10 223 per 247

Flagg was always talked about as an instinctive player who lacked in the athleticism dept. Medlock has the size and better athleticism with production to match.

247 Oklahoma writer Parker Thune just dropped a level 5 CB to OU for Jackson... The article he posted sounded much more confident than that as well. He said the only two scenarios he doesn't see Jackson committing to OU is 1) we beat Bama week 1 and make a statement; or 2) he doesn't feel like he can get early playing time at Oklahoma. He did say that he could see Jackson waiting till early signing day to pick.

Last edited:
247 Oklahoma writer Parker Thune just dropped a level 5 CB to OU for Jackson... The article he posted sounded much more confident than that as well. He said the only two scenarios he doesn't see Jackson committing to OU is 1) we beat Bama week 1 and make a statement; or 2) he doesn't feel like he can get early playing time at Miami. He did say that he could see Jackson waiting till early signing day to pick.
LMAO these kids are hilarious

247 Oklahoma writer Parker Thune just dropped a level 5 CB to OU for Jackson... The article he posted sounded much more confident than that as well. He said the only two scenarios he doesn't see Jackson committing to OU is 1) we beat Bama week 1 and make a statement; or 2) he doesn't feel like he can get early playing time at Miami. He did say that he could see Jackson waiting till early signing day to pick.
Lol - we've seen this story a million times. Kid is about to make a decision between two schools and a big fish jumps in and delays everything. Yes, I'd love to add him but it ain't happening fellas.

Advertisement
He doesn’t feel he can get early PT at Miami? He’d play week 1 if he was here this season.

Advertisement
This is the lazy takes that happen… where is the similarities? Because their both from Houston Texas? Lol

Medlock is 6’1 210 per 247
Flagg was 5’10 223 per 247

Flagg was always talked about as an instinctive player who lacked in the athleticism dept. Medlock has the size and better athleticism with production to match.
And **** medlock really from Dallas anyway lol

Advertisement
He doesn’t lol but that can be coached out of you
Roberts played under Belichick in the pros and that didnt help lol

He was the pure definition of a rollercoaster, he'd make a TFL in one play only to run around like a headless chicken two plays later. Was frustrating as ****.

Roberts played under Belichick in the pros and that didnt help lol

He was the pure definition of a rollercoaster, he'd make a TFL in one play only to run around like a headless chicken two plays later. Was frustrating as ****.
Well I guess I mean at an early age it can be. Elandon played for port Arthur memorial and wasn’t even a starter in high school. He was hella raw I took him up top in a scrimmage. No idea why he was covering the slot 🤣

Advertisement
Back