UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

Advertisement
Don’t follow recruiting ins and outs but in a dead period doesn’t contact have to be initiated by the recruit?

No in person contact, but they can still call/write the kids and their parents.
Only thing is that Miami is the only constant. This kid was apparently headed to ASU until that mess happened.
I actually do not like us being the only constant. Didn't this happen with Jordan Battle a few years ago? First it was us and UF, then it was us and Ohio State, then it was us and Bama, yes we were the only constant, but we were always neck and neck with another school and that just screamed he didn't really want to go here but either (1) was just keeping the local school fans at bay; or (2) in case he didn't get the big offer, he could fall back to the U. It seems like point 2 for this kid. It was us and ASU who by all accounts is about to lose at minimum, the LB coach who is the main reason for Jackson considering them and now all of a sudden two new schools pop up as contenders. Maybe staff just realized they were being played and decided to go elsewhere.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cultural fit is a **** excuse.
Kid didn’t know he could be a take for the frontrunners until the frontrunners came calling.
Sounds like it’s a wrap for us.
But maybe he’s just doing his due diligence.

No. They were pushing to lock him in and he didn’t lock in so they’re adjusting the board
Their 247 guy - Drummond - said yesterday he cannot commit to them . I take that with a grain of salt because Drummond says alot of stuff that doesn't always happen. He seems to work like a dog, kids like him but he shares far more information than any other site. Not always sure how good that info is...

Advertisement
Their 247 guy - Drummond - said yesterday he cannot commit to them . I take that with a grain of salt because Drummond says alot of stuff that doesn't always happen. He seems to work like a dog, kids like him but he shares far more information than any other site. Not always sure how good that info is...
That’s interesting. He’s the OU version of newberg for FSU tho

How many players from Nebraska are going to come down to Miami and finish here?

I'd wager on very few. Maybe Jackson is that guy. idk. But when decisions need to be respected, I'm not sure moving to Miami is happening for most in that part of the country. We'll see though.
6a00d83451b26169e20154369d4f5c970c-250wi

That’s interesting. He’s the OU version of newberg for FSU tho
yes. But honestly, he shares FAR more information than any other 247 site. Some of it is very good; some turns out not so good. He said they basically moved on from Medlock and jackson is their focus. Who knows where he got that info or if it is even correct. It didn't sound like LB was a huge priority for them this cycle..

Advertisement
I'm guessing ASU was in the preferred spot but that fell through with the possible sanctions. We brought him in and shot our shot, gave him a lot to think about but after a couple weeks he just couldn't pull the trigger. Thinking is if it didn't happen now it probably aint gonna happen. We are the furthest away, already used up our official, culture is a bit different etc etc and now he is opening his recruitment up to more programs (who can still bring him in on an official visit and have more access to unofficial visits).

Sometimes the writing is on the wall and you just have to move on and prioritize resources.

yes. But honestly, he shares FAR more information than any other 247 site. Some of it is very good; some turns out not so good. He said they basically moved on from Medlock and jackson is their focus. Who knows where he got that info or if it is even correct. It didn't sound like LB was a huge priority for them this cycle..
Could be the case but I wouldn’t be surprised if they skipped LB altogether

Looking at pics of his 247 and his film he looks like a kid who out grows it…

Any chance central pairs him with Wes at LB this year
He doesnt really play a true safety position.

We used him as a striker type /lb a year ago.

He is very similar to Keontra Smith at the same age more physical than Smith.

Im not sure if Um is on him...but i coached Fonzo

Advertisement
Back