UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

Jackson told Rivals that he was planning on announcing soon after he took all his visits this month but he may need a little more time to think about everything. He said he was impressed with the competition at Paradise and noted that the Miami alumni all stressed that if you want to be great you have to compete.

Is this good for the Canes? IDK. Could be that he had such a great visit he now has to rethink. could be he is going to wait and see what happens with ASU. He flat out said that Miami and ASU are his top two.
he was likely headed to arizona state

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Omaha (Neb.) Burke Top247 linebacker Devon Jackson was to commit on schedule as he planned heading into this weekend, he would have picked Arizona State. But after spending three days in Dade County, Jackson and his family plan on slowing things down as he weighs his options between the Hurricanes and Sun Devils.

“It’s cool. It’s a very special place,” Jackson told InsideTheU on Sunday morning. “There’s not very many schools that have the same recognition and feel like The U. There’s only a handful of schools that are like The U. Not even like The U because you can say Alabama and stuff like that, but they not South Florida. I thought it was a cool visit meeting with the guys. I just got done talking to [Manny] Diaz.”

The Hurricanes head coach made a lasting impression on the 6-foot-2, 200-pounder as he makes his way back to the Cornhusker State.

“It has you speechless because looking at it compared to other schools,” Jackson explained. “The other schools, they don’t have the networking and marketing like Miami. They don’t have competition like Miami. He’s straight to the point. No b.s. That’s the type of coach I like. Talking to him, he tells me that he’s not really worried about the football and academics from the standpoint of making a decision to come here. He told me that’s going to take care of itself - which it will. For him, he just wants me to feel comfortable with the social life.”

“He was telling me, ‘If you feel comfortable outside of football with the social life, then this is the spot for you.’ I took that and that’s why I’m thinking about when making my decision.”

It is no longer going to be an early July decision for Jackson after spending time in South Florida. That was not something he was prepared for coming into the visit.

“At first, I was going to make my decision early July, but going through this whole visit, it may take me a few weeks to make a decision,” Jackson said.

Between now and the time the nation’s No. 16 ‘backer makes his commitment, he’s going to be looking at the pros and cons of both Arizona State and Miami.

“Really everything,” Jackson said on what he’s going to be considering. “That’s why it may take me two, three weeks. It may take four, five, six, to seven weeks. I’m just looking, with football, how soon can I get on the field between Miami and ASU. The social life.”

“I’m comparing the two in every way possible to make sure I make the best decision for me. I don’t want to be one of these guys that commits to a school and then two or three months later they decommit.”

Coming into the weekend, Arizona State was the clear leader for arguably the nation’s fastest linebacker.

“At first, I didn’t really want to come here. 60, 70, maybe 80 percent of these dudes are from South Florida. They all know each other already. It felt like, for me, a dude from Omaha, Nebraska. There’s a bunch of cornfields - I felt like I wasn’t going to fit in. At first, I kind of didn’t. But hanging out with the guys and just talking with the coaches, getting a grasp of everything, I think it was cool and I think I’ll be alright if I came to Miami,” Jackson said.

Tirek Austin-Cave was his player host.

“I was Tirek and we just went to South Beach and we was kind of just chilling and he was showing me around to see if I was messing with the vibe and I did. I liked it,” Jackson said.

This past fall, Nebraska’s No. 2 ranked player went as fast as 10.54 in the 100-meter.
Manny shot his shot, now he’s got to keep in Jackson’s ear. It’s great news that we’re making him pause and reflect. Both ASU and the U bring incredible social aspects to the table. Personally I feel Miami has the quicker route to playing time. It would be amazing to land this young man, his speed and ability we so desperately need on the field. Landing him, Tolan, and yes even Wesley would be an incredible group of LB’s. Talk about a loaded defense possibly in 1-2yrs combining these talented kids along with our ‘21 players and possibly Shemar, LT, etc on the DL?

I’m sure Somebody on staff told him ASU about to get hit hard by sanctions, probably why he pushed it back.

The other two things about the ASU violations that is all but guaranteed to result in massive penalties is 1) that the assistant AD was apparently aware of the violations and did not take any action and 2) a players mom was acting as an unofficial travel agent for the program and getting the OOS recruits flights. Both things make it very obvious that this wasn't just a single rogue coach and was an institutional issue. The ncaa couldnt dream up a more perfect scenario for it to show its teeth.

Advertisement
The other two things about the ASU violations that is all but guaranteed to result in massive penalties is 1) that the assistant AD was apparently aware of the violations and did not take any action and 2) a players mom was acting as an unofficial travel agent for the program and getting the OOS recruits flights. Both things make it very obvious that this wasn't just a single rogue coach and was an institutional issue. The ncaa couldnt dream up a more perfect scenario for it to show its teeth.
Wasn't that Jayden Daniels mom?

Anyone got access to see what theyre saying or thinking...

Screenshot_20210627-145331_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
I wouldn’t expect much outside of a “we’re hearing that asu is still the team to beat” kind of story

It’s actually none of that. Mostly posters being worried and/or saying they rather him push back and make sure he makes the right decision etc.

They acknowledge that this NCAA stuff is going to throw a halt in their recruiting until it gets figured out.

Advertisement
They’re very concerned.

Best post was “you have to be concerned anytime a program like Miami gets involved, they’re shady af..

I mean lmao dude can’t be serious with what’s going on at ASU right now.

Christ.... we're shady? Theyre the ones sneaking recruits on campus all hours of the night during a pandemic and dead period lol

Advertisement
Back