UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

Still pretty **** special. He must have moved from somewhere to NE. They don’t make them like that up there lol. Probably end up at OU or some sh*t.
I lived in Omaha many years ago. The state overall doesn't have many D1 athletes. Most of those come from Omaha. Omaha has a lot of athletes in a metro area of over 1 million people.

Advertisement
bump. No idea. Don’t think we’ve ever signed anyone from NE? Couple of KS guys but don’t recall NE.
We had a good OL from Nebraska a few years back.

As far as Jackson, it's great that he is super fast. But can he actually play LB - i.e. Is he able to diagnose a play? All the speed in the world doesn't matter if you can't read the play in a split-second. We've had too many of these guys recently (part of the problem is trying to convert DEs to LB).

Advertisement

As far as Jackson, it's great that he is super fast. But can he actually play LB - i.e. Is he able to diagnose a play? All the speed in the world doesn't matter if you can't read the play in a split-second. We've had too many of these guys recently (part of the problem is trying to convert DEs to LB).
I would still love to see an injury free Sam Brooks at LB.

ASU knowingly met with Kids during covid, none of that staff will be there on signing day
Not sure if anything happens but it definitely puts Herm on the hot seat. Another season around .500 plus these allegations might give the school a reason to pull the plug on Herm. Honestly, Miami shouldn't lose this recruiting battle even without the allegations around them. Herm hasn't shown he's got ASU moving in the right direction anyway.

While you're right - you always make room for a guy on your roster like him. Athletic freak who at the very least can be a special teams killer.

Advertisement
Would help if we had someone on staff that could actually coach linebackers. I’ll give Aristide time but our LB’s and Safeties looked like dog**** during the Spring Game and the #1 reason is COACHING.

Specifically, watch the game again and see how our LB’s and Safety just stare at the QB, of how our LB shoot the wrong gap. There is no communication and really bad eyes all over the defense and I blame coaching for that.

Tell you this much, given what I saw in Spring, I would NEVER run man coverage with this group. They’re not able, especially our safeties, and the bad run fits from our LB…well there’s no disguising that.

Would help if we had someone on staff that could actually coach linebackers. I’ll give Aristide time but our LB’s and Safeties looked like dog**** during the Spring Game and the #1 reason is COACHING.

Specifically, watch the game again and see how our LB’s and Safety just stare at the QB, of how our LB shoot the wrong gap. There is no communication and really bad eyes all over the defense and I blame coaching for that.

Tell you this much, given what I saw in Spring, I would NEVER run man coverage with this group. They’re not able, especially our safeties, and the bad run fits from our LB…well there’s no disguising that.
If Shoop and TRob, collectively, can’t effectively coach Bolden, Tae, James Williams, and Kinchens, we have real problems.

Advertisement
If Shoop and TRob, collectively, can’t effectively coach Bolden, Tae, James Williams, and Kinchens, we have real problems.

To be fair….when the Spring Game was played I think T-Rob had been on campus only a couple of weeks. Aristide too. So old habits gotta be coached out. I get it.

But T-Rob gotta teach his safeties to play man coverage….you gotta in today’s game even if you’re a safety and it begins with having good eyes. I’m sure he will, but didn’t see it in the Spring Game anyway

To be fair….when the Spring Game was played I think T-Rob had been on campus only a couple of weeks. Aristide too. So old habits gotta be coached out. I get it.

But T-Rob gotta teach his safeties to play man coverage….you gotta in today’s game even if you’re a safety and it begins with having good eyes. I’m sure he will, but didn’t see it in the Spring Game anyway
I don’t disagree.

Talking about a game where three freshmen with very little experience got most of the snaps along with Gurvan. And man wasn't the problem anyway for the safeties. There were some coverage bust in zone that you hope to get cleaned up. Guys get beat in man. It happens. Kitchens got beat on a TD by Restrepo. Hall had bad leverage on a play against Pope and got beat to the inside. Those guys all made plays in man coverage too. You play enough plays in a game where you can't hit the QB and plays will be made on offense.

Advertisement
Talking about a game where three freshmen with very little experience got most of the snaps along with Gurvan. And man wasn't the problem anyway for the safeties. There were some coverage bust in zone that you hope to get cleaned up. Guys get beat in man. It happens. Kitchens got beat on a TD by Restrepo. Hall had bad leverage on a play against Pope and got beat to the inside. Those guys all made plays in man coverage too. You play enough plays in a game where you can't hit the QB and plays will be made on offense.
Yes - my point is, with the talent and ability of the players on the roster at the safety position, and the track record of Shoop and TRob (Shoop is a former DB coach as well), we will be fine. I have no idea what is going to happen at LB. i hope between Manny, Ish, Patke, and TRob, we can see some improvement at that position. Because last year could not have been worse.

Not sure if anything happens but it definitely puts Herm on the hot seat. Another season around .500 plus these allegations might give the school a reason to pull the plug on Herm. Honestly, Miami shouldn't lose this recruiting battle even without the allegations around them. Herm hasn't shown he's got ASU moving in the right direction anyway.
Not just that but he's 67 so they had to find a coach I place anyway but now after this it's really over

Advertisement
Back