UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

Advertisement
1621447963606.png

Advertisement
Great time, but you gotta keep in mind that this kid weighs 190, he'll need 2 years of S&C
I hear you, but he’s a rising senior. Does he have the frame to play at 215, 220? If he can get up to that weight and still break 10.8, that would be sick

Great time, but you gotta keep in mind that this kid weighs 190, he'll need 2 years of S&C
Even If he gains good weight he will still lose time but will still be a blazing lb at 215-220lbs. If he steps foot on campus right now as a HS junior he’s one of the fastest dudes in the team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Down to ASU/Miami. Gotta think Miami with ASU violations coming down.

Miami will host Omaha (Neb.) Burke Top247 linebacker Devon Jackson for an official visit this coming weekend - and the stakes will be pretty high.

The 6-foot-2, 200-pounder, who is one of the nation's fastest 'backers, told Sun Devil Source following his official visit with Arizona State that his decision will come down to either ASU or Miami.

"I'm going to Miami next week and really like, 'What can Miami show me?' And really compare the two. ASU or Miami, evaluate it to see which one I like better and go from there," Jackson told Chris Karpman on Monday.

While Herm Edwards & Co. hold the 247Sports Crystal Ball lead, the program is facing some potentially major NCAA violations.

But that's not stopping that staff from moving forward and hosting guys on campus - and making strong impressions while doing so.

"Great, great visit," Jackson said of his official visit this weekend to Karpman. "Meeting the coaches for the first time, just seeing them in person, that's a whole different experience. You can talk through a phone all day but getting to meet in person and touch and hug someone, it's way better. I really liked the campus. It's not small but everything close by each other, everything is within walking distance.

Meeting the players, the defensive guys are all super chill and get after it, watching them work out, talking to them, hanging out with them. Even talking to coach Herm (Edwards), to all the other coaches, that's one of the things I like about ASU, you can talk to all the coaches. I feel like a lot of schools, you really only talk to your position coach and that's the only real link you have."

Miami does have some personal ties to Jackson and his family. His father coached alongside Garin Justice when the Hurricanes offensive line coach was the head man at Concord University.

Jackson, who has gone as fast as 10.54 in the 100-meter dash this spring, will be joined by multiple blue-chippers who are making their way down to Coral Gables this weekend for an official visit. It is also the same weekend as Miami's annual Paradise Camp.

A decision could be coming in early July for the nation's No. 149 overall player and No. 16 linebacker.

Wasn't this kid supposedly a package deal with the OG Woods? Haven't heard much about Woods' recruitment since hearing things picked back up with Jackson.

Advertisement
Don’t think the allegations will scare the kid away for now, I still say ASU. He is infatuated with Antonio Pierce.

Advertisement
Back