December 28, 2013Russell Athletic BowlLLouisville936
December 27, 2014Independence BowlLSouth Carolina2124
December 26, 2015Sun BowlLWashington State1420
December 28, 2016Russell Athletic BowlWWest Virginia3114
December 30, 2017Orange BowlLWisconsin2434
December 27, 2018Pinstripe BowlLWisconsin335
December 26, 2019Independence BowlLLouisiana Tech014
December 29, 2020Cheez-It BowlLOklahoma State3437
Nobody cares about bowl games anymore. Players opt-out. The bowl games are after early signing day. We should win more, but winning ****** bowl games doesn't affect recruiting. I doubt Singletary is making his decision based on a 3 point loss in the cheeze-it bowl.

Depends on what you mean by "win again."

Miami will never return to the glory years. Too many Cane fans think all we need is a "great coach" like Saban or Sweeney or whoever and everything will just fall into place. They aint living in the present, they're stuck on history.

The entire landscape has changed. One coach, i dont care if he's the second coming of Lombardi, aint gonna make a dimes worth of difference. Maybe Lombardi would get us to top 20 status every year but aint no coach in existence gonna get us to perennial national title contender status. UNLESS the program has the "resources" to compete at the highest level, has the willingness and patience to invest those "resources" into the football program including the requisite handlers, family advisors, foundations, churches and the rest of the infrastructure you need, and most importantly is ALLOWED to play by the same rules as the good ol boys.

This program was once threatened with the death penalty because of a Ponzi scheming weirdo who treated the guys to free steak dinners and yachts and whatever. Meanwhile, Bama, Clemson, OSU etc are allowed to literally spend MILLIONS each year paying six figures to the top recruits and no one does **** about it.

We are Virginia Tech right now, we will contend occasionally when we have the right mixture of luck/depth/QB.
The ncaa is giving zero fcks right now. ASU is the scapegoat now and only cause some dude was so upset that he decided to play Magnum PI and sht.
Miami has been landing players and sending players to the draft. We’ve struggled with depth, scheme and coaching and culture.
Look what quality coaching and smart recruiting can do at a position.
We really don’t need a bag network as much as we (I) have alluded to.
We needed good players and good facilities and coaching.
Having a 5 star come visit in the past and having him see a squad of players no where as talented as the other schools he’s visited and then seeing our dorms and facilities a **** no brainer.
Our new facilities and dorms have done wonders. Add on some quality coaching and it’s been a game changer. We get w’s and it’s a wrap.

We went 6-7 after Manny had been here for the previous 3 years as DC, that’s not on Richt and yes I would have been nervous about Dabo but he is an outlier plain and simple. Maybe Manny is as well, numbers say that is unlikely. Would love to be wrong, I just want our program to win again…
totally agree

Advertisement
Weird comment, imo. I totally disagree with the ‘times have changed’ explanation. Before Howard, the program was irrelevant nationally. One Howard changed that. One Jimmy built it up. One Dennis won a couple titles. One Butch rebuilt it. What thry had in common is that despite some flaws in them, they were fantastic football coaches, all became NFL coaches, and Jimmy and Butch were probably the two best talent evaluators of their generation.

We follow that up with five straight coaches who were terrible hires, not good, not ready, not committed, not prepared, or some mix of all that.

There is ZERO reason to think a legit top cfb coach couldn’t make Miami a legit top cfb team. Not saying dominate like the ‘80s, but nationally relevant. If you hire a clown to fix your HVAC system, don’t act surprised that it never seems to work. If you do it over snd over, don’t convince yourself that no one can fix the system because ‘systems have changed.’ CFB is competitive and if you don’t have a really good coach and program, you won’t win. But that’s essentially always been true.
Sweet spot of the bat..... meet hanging curve ball.

Hold up, what is this thread about?
Its supposed to be about the recruitment of 5 star CB Jaheim Singletary who just recently decommited from Ohio State. The really exciting thing about this is that Singletary had been unofficially visiting UM during the past month and keeping quiet about it. Singletary came to the pool party we had on 7/31 then decommited from OSU right afterwards if Im not mistaken. Word is that it is now between UM and Georgia.

I've got to say that after everything we have been through in terms of CB recruiting in the past few years it's amazing to see what a quality coach and recruiter like T. Rob can bring to our program.

The way high end to elite DBs view UM is literally night and day compared to the way it was under Rumph. To have strong commitments from 4 star CBs Rogers, Graves and Fegans and to be in the type of position we are in to possibly land 5 star CB Jaheim Singletary is unreal. Add to that the very real possibility of adding 4 star Safety Markeith Williams to the commitment list next week and all of a sudden we are talking about the very real possibility of 2022 being the best CB/DB class ever at UM. This in T. Rob's 1st year in what is a down year for prospects in South Florida. We still have a lot of work to do including taking care of business on the field this year winning 10+ games and making an appearance in the ACCCG. However if all of this progress in CB recruiting cant get you excited then you need to check yourself for a pulse.

Weird comment, imo. I totally disagree with the ‘times have changed’ explanation. Before Howard, the program was irrelevant nationally. One Howard changed that. One Jimmy built it up. One Dennis won a couple titles. One Butch rebuilt it. What thry had in common is that despite some flaws in them, they were fantastic football coaches, all became NFL coaches, and Jimmy and Butch were probably the two best talent evaluators of their generation.

We follow that up with five straight coaches who were terrible hires, not good, not ready, not committed, not prepared, or some mix of all that.

There is ZERO reason to think a legit top cfb coach couldn’t make Miami a legit top cfb team. Not saying dominate like the ‘80s, but nationally relevant. If you hire a clown to fix your HVAC system, don’t act surprised that it never seems to work. If you do it over snd over, don’t convince yourself that no one can fix the system because ‘systems have changed.’ CFB is competitive and if you don’t have a really good coach and program, you won’t win. But that’s essentially always been true.
Saban's last class wasn't no joke....it helped Howard immensely...

Advertisement
Jaheim is the best CB to come out of my area in a long time. In my opinion he’s more aggressive than Fred Davis and more technically sound than Shaun Wade. Best CB prospect from Jax since Tony Carter from what I can remember. I love this kids game and mentality, he’s a Duval mentality kid through and through.

What that means?

We went 6-7 after Manny had been here for the previous 3 years as DC, that’s not on Richt and yes I would have been nervous about Dabo but he is an outlier plain and simple. Maybe Manny is as well, numbers say that is unlikely. Would love to be wrong, I just want our program to win again…
Even Larry Coker won a Natty with elite Talent, all Manny needs to do is bring in good coordinators and recruit, recruit, recruit. Then we are good for 10 wins a season minimum.

Miami will never return to the glory years. Too many Cane fans think all we need is a "great coach" like Saban or Sweeney or whoever and everything will just fall into place. They aint living in the present, they're stuck on history.

The entire landscape has changed. One coach, i dont care if he's the second coming of Lombardi, aint gonna make a dimes worth of difference. Maybe Lombardi would get us to top 20 status every year but aint no coach in existence gonna get us to perennial national title contender status. UNLESS the program has the "resources" to compete at the highest level, has the willingness and patience to invest those "resources" into the football program including the requisite handlers, family advisors, foundations, churches and the rest of the infrastructure you need, and most importantly is ALLOWED to play by the same rules as the good ol boys.

This program was once threatened with the death penalty because of a Ponzi scheming weirdo who treated the guys to free steak dinners and yachts and whatever. Meanwhile, Bama, Clemson, OSU etc are allowed to literally spend MILLIONS each year paying six figures to the top recruits and no one does **** about it.

We are Virginia Tech right now, we will contend occasionally when we have the right mixture of luck/depth/QB.
Not that grim at all. But also the hurdles are real. In pre NIL days, players were (rumored) to be getting 250K to go to the Big 12. One can only imagine what the SEC offers.

I still agree with others that we are a sleeping giant. With decent investment in the football program, we can be far better than Va Tech. I’ll credit what Manny has done (and Richt before him). In 2012 our blue chip ratio was 26%. This year it will be 53%.

Advertisement
The ncaa is giving zero fcks right now. ASU is the scapegoat now and only cause some dude was so upset that he decided to play Magnum PI and sht.
Miami has been landing players and sending players to the draft. We’ve struggled with depth, scheme and coaching and culture.
Look what quality coaching and smart recruiting can do at a position.
We really don’t need a bag network as much as we (I) have alluded to.
We needed good players and good facilities and coaching.
Having a 5 star come visit in the past and having him see a squad of players no where as talented as the other schools he’s visited and then seeing our dorms and facilities a **** no brainer.
Our new facilities and dorms have done wonders. Add on some quality coaching and it’s been a game changer. We get w’s and it’s a wrap.
I’d love to do a correlation between our blue chip signees and athletic department improvements and new construction. When was the new athletic center opened?

Advertisement
Well said. Agreed on all of that.

Sidenote: Corch Irvin Meyas would have us in the playoffs by year two.
I’ve been sayin this since coker. fans think Um’s greatness was all players. It’s led to the view that anyone can coach this team. It’s completely wrong. We were blessed with some amazing coaches. Jimmy is one of the best ever. Howard built it, was a legend and if he never leaves Miami he’s Saban imo. Dennis was one of the inventors of the modern spread, brilliant football guy who got hired twice in the nfl, and still crashed the ship because he was a lazy drunk who didn’t evaluate well enough as a recruiter. Butch was perhaps the best talent evaluator ever. Since then we’ve had nothing. No great talent evaluation, no truly innovative schemes, no great leadership. Just scarecrows the admin can hire to fill the seat and pretend like they fit in.

I’ve been sayin this since coker. fans think Um’s greatness was all players. It’s led to the view that anyone can coach this team. It’s completely wrong. We were blessed with some amazing coaches. Jimmy is one of the best ever. Howard built it, was a legend and if he never leaves Miami he’s Saban imo. Dennis was one of the inventors of the modern spread, brilliant football guy who got hired twice in the nfl, and still crashed the ship because he was a lazy drunk who didn’t evaluate well enough as a recruiter. Butch was perhaps the best talent evaluator ever. Since then we’ve had nothing. No great talent evaluation, no truly innovative schemes, no great leadership. Just scarecrows the admin can hire to fill the seat and pretend like they fit in.
This is 100% correct.

If you think about it, fixation on Miami’s past is what is holding back the program at this point. We don’t need coaches who come here and try to be like we used to be. Like everyone says, football has changed. We need someone who comes in and says ‘this is how we’re going to do it’ and gets it to work.

If someone was given the Bulls job, would you tell the team to be like mike? Mike ain’t coming back. You gotta be like what you can have today.

it also doesn’t seem that hard to figure out what the template is. There just aren’t that many options. But that’s a different discussion I guess.

please.. all you gotta do is look at 2017 to see how wrong you are. We had more hype than anybody until we didn't.. and that was with Rosier as quarterback. The right players and the right coaches and the stars are the limit.

Advertisement
Back