UM offers 2022 CB Jaheim Singletary

Believe me, I wanted Davis more than Garcia -before- he went to Grayson... Now? I think a player like Garcia is what Lashlee wants for his offence and I loved what I saw from Jake and I think he could really be our starter as a true Freshman. It’s one of those cases, to me, of either would have have been an amazing pull for their own reasons but Lashlee wanted Jake. Davis was ours if we wanted from what I knew but Jake was the decision from early on so that’s who we ended up with.
I have been saying that Day 1.....Lashlee wants a Passer....someone that can read the D and make the throw. If they have some mobility great but Lashlees offense is made for a passer not a runner. Just watch the SMU tape.

Advertisement
From TOS via Ivins:

“When it was announced a few weeks ago that Travaris Robinson was joining Manny Diaz's staff at Miami, many expected the Hurricanes to get a bump when it came to defensive back recruiting. While Robinson hasn't landed any commitments from any corners or safeties just yet, he has hit the ground running.

According to a source with knowledge of the situation, Robinson and a few other UM staffers conducted a virtual meeting with Jacksonville (Fla.) Lee five-star cornerback Jaheim Singletary earlier this week. Singletary, who the industry-generated 247Sports Composite ranks as the nation's No. 5 cornerback in the class of 2022, is currently committed to Ohio State.

It won't be easy to pull Singletary away from the Buckeyes given Ohio State's recent track record for churning out NFL defenders, but it should be noted that Singletary made sure to point out to 247Sports last weekend at the Battle Miami event that he plans to consider the Hurricanes now that Robinson is working in Coral Gables.

Robinson, after all, offered Singletary back in January of 2019. At the time, that was just Singletary's second scholarship offer. Robinson has also worked on the field with Singletary in the past as he lured the blue chipper up to Columbia for a summer camp back in June of 2019.

Advertisement
Getting an OV from Singletary apparently and has been on campus this month

“I’m taking some low-key visits,” Singletary admitted Saturday at the Under Armour Future 50 event when asked for the latest with his recruitment. “I don’t want to say too much.”

While Singletary didn't want to reveal much, he did share that he has been keeping an open line of communication with both Miami and Georgia.

“I be at Miami a lot," Singletary said. "I have already been there [this month]. I’m taking my OV to Miami during the fall and my official to Georgia next weekend. And then I got my official to Ohio State at the end of the month. The 25th to the 27th.”

Travaris Robinson is one of the main reasons why Singletary is considering the Hurricanes.

“That’s my guy," Singletary said. "T-Rob has an actual real good bond with my city, Jacksonville. And T-Rob was actually one of the first coaches to believe in me during this recruiting process. I think he was like my second offer. We just connected when he was at South Carolina. Created that bond. He has always believed in me. Now he’s at Miami, so he’s closer. That’s my boy.”

Advertisement

“I’m taking some low-key visits,” Singletary admitted Saturday at the Under Armour Future 50 event when asked for the latest with his recruitment. “I don’t want to say too much.”

While Singletary didn't want to reveal much, he did share that he has been keeping an open line of communication with both Miami and Georgia.

“I be at Miami a lot," Singletary said. "I have already been there [this month]. I’m taking my OV to Miami during the fall and my official to Georgia next weekend. And then I got my official to Ohio State at the end of the month. The 25th to the 27th.”

Travaris Robinson is one of the main reasons why Singletary is considering the Hurricanes.

“That’s my guy," Singletary said. "T-Rob has an actual real good bond with my city, Jacksonville. And T-Rob was actually one of the first coaches to believe in me during this recruiting process. I think he was like my second offer. We just connected when he was at South Carolina. Created that bond. He has always believed in me. Now he’s at Miami, so he’s closer. That’s my boy.”
@Dwinstitles @Sebastianspipe

Advertisement
1623519241061.gif

I'm not betting on us getting him but these relationships are everything and once again you can't get them all but if he signs somewhere else but praises UM and T-Rob to other top recruits we still win

Advertisement

Dang it. Sucks that this is out now.

Advertisement
Back