UM offers 2022 CB Jaheim Singletary

From this mornings Herald article:

“I was in eighth grade when I first visited Miami. It has everything on and off the field,” he told Rivals’ Chad Simmons. “You can turn it up off the field, it has great football, the coaches set you up for life after football, and it has all that you need. There are a lot of reasons why it is one of my top schools.”

Scrantoncane crystal ball to Miami

Advertisement
From this mornings Herald article:

“I was in eighth grade when I first visited Miami. It has everything on and off the field,” he told Rivals’ Chad Simmons. “You can turn it up off the field, it has great football, the coaches set you up for life after football, and it has all that you need. There are a lot of reasons why it is one of my top schools.”

Scrantoncane crystal ball to Miami
Don't matter

Image-from-iOS-14-1024x768.jpg

Chances now?
Still slim to none.

He committed to OH State a few days ago & will be highly sought after kid by most of the SEC.

Oh St is dropping off Big Bags for their 22 class, so even in the event he decommits from them, UF, UGA, Bama, Clemson etc will all be on him heavy.

Adding T-Rob gives a great credibility of course, but even so still kids like this are always going to be difficult to snag from Power schools that pay big $. 5-star Corners from Jacksonville don’t come to Miami no matter who we got recruiting’em lol.

Advertisement
Still slim to none.

He committed to OH State a few days ago & will be highly sought after kid by most of the SEC.

Oh St is dropping off Big Bags for their 22 class, so even in the event he decommits from them, UF, UGA, Bama, Clemson etc will all be on him heavy.

Adding T-Rob gives a great credibility of course, but even so still kids like this are always going to be difficult to snag from Power schools that pay big $. 5-star Corners from Jacksonville don’t come to Miami no matter who we got recruiting’em lol.
Sounds like we need to start dropping some bags too!

I will preface this again by saying, I know ....

Again, cause I know what you fvckers will say so one more time ...I know.

But idk who listened to that ITU podcast from today. Ivins said the kid came up to him this weekend and said "Miami is involved in my recruitment now 'cause I'm a big T-Rob fan that is my boy so Miami is in it now going forward." Paraphrasing some but that was the gist of it.

Yeah I know, he aint coming. Save it. Have a good day.

I will preface this again by saying, I know ....

Again, cause I know what you fvckers will say so one more time ...I know.

But idk who listened to that ITU podcast from today. Ivins said the kid came up to him this weekend and said "Miami is involved in my recruitment now 'cause I'm a big T-Rob fan that is my boy so Miami is in it now going forward." Paraphrasing some but that was the gist of it.

Yeah I know, he aint coming. Save it. Have a good day.
I don’t mind.

That’s what T-Rob is here to do & he has the credibility & respect to do it.

Don’t think we’ll get him but I have no problem with T-Rob doing his due diligence, because this kid is ELITE.

But with that said, normally when a 5-star CB from Florida commits this early, especially to a school like Oh State it means he’ll either stick with them because he got big $$$ or a SEC school will come in late & either match the offer or double it.

What I really hope to see, is T-Rob take a run at Denver Harris, that would be the biggest steal of all-time he if could pull it off.

I don’t mind.

Don’t think we’ll get him but I have no problem with T-Rob doing his due diligence, because this kid is ELITE.

But with that said, normally when a 5-star CB from Florida commits this early, especially to a school like Oh State it means he’ll either stick with them because he got big $$$ or a SEC school will come in late & either match the offer or double it.

What I really hope to see, is T-Rob take a run at Denver Harris, that would be the biggest steal of all-time he if could pull it off.

I literally saw his big sister who I went to HS with a couple weeks ago and didnt even think anything about her brother. Not that it would have mattered anyway but yeah, shoot your shot T-Rob.

Advertisement
I don’t mind.

I know from talking to someone who coaches and mentors him that Denver is being pushed towards Miami as hard as humanly possible. Not saying we will land him but we should have a really good to great chance at Denver Harris at the very least.

I know from talking to someone who coaches and mentors him that Denver is being pushed towards Miami as hard as humanly possible. Not saying we will land him but we should have a really good to great chance at Denver Harris at the very least.
Yeah I know Coach West talks up Miami to him all the time, but when you’re an Elite 5-star down in Houston you’re gonna have UT, TAMU & Bama etc tugging on you at all times. I know he’s pretty close with the Flagg family & Corey always tells him about Miami as well.

We made his top 8 last year, but I don’t know how much we’ve recruited him, with Rumph we didn’t stand a chance, but I do feel if T-Rob makes a push & we have good season we’ll have a shot.

Yeah. He’s been working out with Corey and two other Canes quite recently so the connections are definitely there and being strengthened. Not sure if T-Rob has made any pushes but if we have the season in the secondary I expect, all the factors working in our favour should make the difference. Corey having a great season (provided that the staff plays skill over veterancy) should also have a marked impact on kids like Denver as well as a few other 5s who really really do like Miami.

Good to know regarding Miami and Harris. No surprise people around him are talking up UM. As it has been mentioned a million times on this board, HTX kids still love Miami.

I honestly believe UT is about to clean the fvck up. They won’t get them ALL, but it wont be a free for all for top TX kids like it has been the last 5 or so years. I think they are going to be monumentally better and the staff that they have put together is elite on the trail. It won’t be very long until they will be hard to beat for any TX kid IMO, and if not them TAMU/OSU/Bama/LSU will be right behind them ESPECIALLY when it comes to these CBs. We know how they get down.

Advertisement
Yeah I know Coach West talks up Miami to him all the time, but when you’re an Elite 5-star down in Houston you’re gonna have UT, TAMU & Bama etc tugging on you at all times. I know he’s pretty close with the Flagg family & Corey always tells him about Miami as well.

We made his top 8 last year, but I don’t know how much we’ve recruited him, with Rumph we didn’t stand a chance, but I do feel if T-Rob makes a push & we have good season we’ll have a shot.

El; in ur opinion, what do kids need to see this season for them to start taking us more serious? Is it our record, draft projections of our secondary, our ‘21 class playing early?

Imo, I feel Covid-19 was a bigger recruiter than Manny this past class.

Still slim to none.

That’s a shame, I would love for us to have a pipeline in Jacksonville especially at DB Liberty. But it’s difficult holding off the big bag schools especially in SEC territory.

Yeah. He’s been working out with Corey and two other Canes quite recently so the connections are definitely there and being strengthened. Not sure if T-Rob has made any pushes but if we have the season in the secondary I expect, all the factors working in our favour should make the difference. Corey having a great season (provided that the staff plays skill over veterancy) should also have a marked impact on kids like Denver as well as a few other 5s who really really do like Miami.
Great news on the Denver front! Would be an insane pull but like Florida isn’t unusual that a top instate kid leaves

still mad we didn’t land Davis their QB though

Advertisement

If we landed a five star corner from Houston imagine how stupid manolo would feel hanging onto rumph

Great news on the Denver front! Would be an insane pull but like Florida isn’t unusual that a top instate kid leaves

still mad we didn’t land Davis their QB though
Believe me, I wanted Davis more than Garcia -before- he went to Grayson... Now? I think a player like Garcia is what Lashlee wants for his offence and I loved what I saw from Jake and I think he could really be our starter as a true Freshman. It’s one of those cases, to me, of either would have have been an amazing pull for their own reasons but Lashlee wanted Jake. Davis was ours if we wanted from what I knew but Jake was the decision from early on so that’s who we ended up with.

El; in ur opinion, what do kids need to see this season for them to start taking us more serious? Is it our record, draft projections of our secondary, our ‘21 class playing early?

Imo, I feel Covid-19 was a bigger recruiter than Manny this past class.
Winning is the key to all.

Miami usually only recruits well when we win & getting embarrassed in games like Clemson, UNC etc don’t help on a national scale, but it always comes down to being able to sell our program as one that will win & can get players drafted to the next level.

Advertisement
Back