UM offers 2020 WR Douglas Emilien

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2020 American Heritage 3-star WR Douglas Emilien earned an offer from the Hurricanes today. UM has been keeping tabs on him for a weeks now and he visited for the CMU game last weekend. At 6-0 175, Emilien also has offers from LSU, Maryland, WVU, and Kentucky among others

Advertisement
Advertisement
These are the types of local kids we need to be recruiting i'm sorry to say. For every Don Chaney there are 50 Jerry Jeudy's. With that said, LSU is a tough program to sell against right now given how good their offense looks.
They load up on 4-5 stars at receiver. He may not be a take for them

These are the types of local kids we need to be recruiting i'm sorry to say. For every Don Chaney there are 50 Jerry Jeudy's. With that said, LSU is a tough program to sell against right now given how good their offense looks.

Come on man there are not 50 Jerry Jeudy’s. That kid is special. Saying that is downplaying a huge problem with this program, which is the inability to keep those championship level kids home

Enos and Stubblefield don't appear to value size do they?

Tape looks like he took a step forward, and like stated above good comp. Actually reminds me a little of worsham, maybe a tad smaller, but he really gets separation

But what's wrong with Poitier, K. Long, Canion, J. Williams?

Will be interesting to see if it is a legit "offer" or one similar to the "offers" the 4 above all received. Also with the needs at OL, DB, LB...I'm not sure a 4th is a MUST (WR a need yes, but we have 3 in the fold), especially with a local class just as epic or close to this year's.

Last edited:
He reminds me of pre-injury Malcolm Lewis.

I also see a little bit of Jones-Bell in this kid. But you can clearly see that Stubbs & Enos values WRs that can run routes, and understand some of the finer aspects of playing the position. That's also a similar strategy that Alabama employs when they recruit WRs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
With Jarren playing QB the next couple years we don't need guys with a huge catch radius. He is only going to get more accurate. I'd love to see an emphasis on speed and wiggle over size in the WR classes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Joe Burrow is out of there after this season.

I didn't read past 247 updates...Is the LSU offer even legit? Actively pursuing him? Has the feel of one of those token "offers"

Advertisement
Back