UM Media Keeps Getting Better and Better

Advertisement
I see he listed his pronouns... wise move. I had legitimate doubts.
I have a bigger issue “him” doing that, than being a gator. Who cares where “he” went to school. Also this pronoun stuff is a joke. Sensitive *** people

I’m sure this guy is a nice fellow, and he’s probably a good journalist, but he’s a Gator. Why are Gator grads covering our team? Is this person really the best we could do?

Define we.
Also, look at the UM alums in sports media and how they treated their alma-mater, especially that greasy Rat-haired Dan LeBATturd.

Advertisement

I’m sure this guy is a nice fellow, and he’s probably a good journalist, but he’s a Gator. Why are Gator grads covering our team? Is this person really the best we could do?

The best "we" could do? Does the Sun-Sentinel now get approval for reporters from the university or its fans before it hires?

Personally, I want a reporter who is fair and reports the facts - good or bad. If you want the pollyanna version of the program, go to any outlet affiliated with the university - coaches' shows, Joe Z. & Don Bailey Jr., or Hurricane shows on the flagship radio station.

Advertisement
First of all, the Miami Hurricanes beat is a weak one to be on in the first place. This fanbase doesn't drive engagement. There's a reason why any person on the beat that is worth a **** doesn't last. It's a stepping stone beat.

Secondly, this isn't some middle of nowhere place, of course you are going to have non-alumni fill the role. The same thing happens in LA, Dallas and other major cities.

Top 5 Journalism schools in the USA:

1 - Washington & Lee
2 - Northwestern
3 - Georgetown
4 - Columbia
5 - Wisconsin

As usual, we must hold firm in denying any respect to UiF
Lol that list you linked has Florida at #9 and Miami at #44.

Idc where this guy went to school. I just hope he does a good job covering the team.

I get all my cane news from cis, Dannyboycane, and footballville. If the Sun-Sentinel didn't exist tomorrow I would never notice.

Friend, I’m not really understanding.

Why would his Alma Mater have any effect on his reporting?
Thank you!!!
Some, no, most people were not able to get into The U so they went to state schools. Doesn’t mean they don’t like The U.

Advertisement
I am going to guess that folks from the STATE of Florida could grow up Canes fans but may attend one of the STATE Universities?

I think I've said it before, but if I ever had **** you money, I'd retire from trucking and become an unbiased, unpaid UM football journalist.

I wouldn't care on stepping on the wrong toes or being denied access. Straight facts, no chaser.

I wish the mainstream media would adopt this attitude. :/
Most journalists would love to have that attitude, if it didn't get them fired. Keep in mind, guys like Cronkite could call a spade a spade because their job was to speak truth to power. Right now, corporations control the agenda and their ownership of outlets mean that certain things can't be said.

10BDE513-749C-4991-AFE1-5BFCAE175180.png

Manny Navarro a *****

Advertisement
In Greece he spent a year in silence just to better understand the sound of a whisper. And so without further gilding the lily and with no more ado, I give to you, the seeker of serenity, the protector of Italian virginity, the enforcer of our Lord God, the one, the only, Sir Ulllrrrich von Lichtenstein!
Classic :LOL:

Advertisement
Back