UM Media Keeps Getting Better and Better

Advertisement
Idk about you man but graduating from somewhere means you sign a blood contract with that university.
What if you couldn't get into Miami?
What if you couldn't afford it?
What if you were given full tuition elsewhere and didn't want to go into debt?
What if another school had a much better program in your area of study than Miami?
What if you did a bachelors at UF and masters at Miami?
What if you always wanted to go Miami, but the coach was Manny?

There is a lot more to choosing a college then if you're a fan of the athletic program. Most of the time it is circumstances. There are a lot of people that are fans of other schools than the one they go/went to. And I can guarantee you'll find that most athletic departments are full of non-alumni. Same with coaching staffs. Same with media. The question is are you biased or can you do your job well regardless. That's all that matters.

Advertisement
I'm hesitant because I haven't seen LCE swoop in with the stamp of approval.

Advertisement
UiF has a much bigger J-school than Miami. Statistically, this was bound to happen.

Top 5 Journalism schools in the USA:

1 - Washington & Lee
2 - Northwestern
3 - Georgetown
4 - Columbia
5 - Wisconsin

As usual, we must hold firm in denying any respect to UiF

I’m sure this guy is a nice fellow, and he’s probably a good journalist, but he’s a Gator. Why are Gator grads covering our team? Is this person really the best we could do?

The Independent Florida Alligator is a renowned college newspaper—and where a reporter went to school has zero to do with their ability to be a beat writer.

For what it's worth, I earned my B.A. in English from Florida and wrote for their paper for a matter of months—the lead editor a Miami-bred kid (Jacob Luft) who offered me a gig for all the hate e-mail I'd send to Steve Gorten.

Quickly realized I didn't want to be a journalist, I just enjoyed writing about the Canes—so I went straight to the computer lab, wrote Bryan Knoll (Grassy.com) and he offered me a gig as a columnist for his site and magazine back in 1997—now in my 25th year covering UM football.

UF diploma in the attic somewhere, but my Canes loyalty as a Miami native never wavered.

In Greece he spent a year in silence just to better understand the sound of a whisper. And so without further gilding the lily and with no more ado, I give to you, the seeker of serenity, the protector of Italian virginity, the enforcer of our Lord God, the one, the only, Sir Ulllrrrich von Lichtenstein!
A criminally underrated movie.

The Independent Florida Alligator is a renowned college newspaper—and where a reporter went to school has zero to do with their ability to be a beat writer.

For what it's worth, I earned my B.A. in English from Florida and wrote for their paper for a matter of months—the lead editor a Miami-bred kid (Jacob Luft) who offered me a gig for all the hate e-mail I'd send to Steve Gorten.

Quickly realized I didn't want to be a journalist, I just enjoyed writing about the Canes—so I went straight to the computer lab, wrote Bryan Knoll (Grassy.com) and he offered me a gig as a columnist for his site and magazine back in 1997—now in my 25th year covering UM football.

UF diploma in the attic somewhere, but my Canes loyalty as a Miami native never wavered.
Does he know who @Cribby is?

Advertisement
Sentinel cycles beat reporters pretty frequently. Khobi Price was the beat reporter last season.

Who was the dude who had a hissy fit about players using photos of them that he took? Think he went to cover hockey somewhere.

Advertisement
And people here don't like Dan LeBatard who is a UM grad for his past reporting about the Pell Grant scandal. Who cares where someone went to a school? I have no idea who he is, but if he is a professional, he will report fairly and objectively even if he roots for another team.

Advertisement
Back