UM Media Keeps Getting Better and Better

And people here don't like Dan LeBatard who is a UM grad for his part reporting about the Pell Grant scandal. Who cares where someone went to a school? I have no idea who he is, but if he is a professional, he will report fairly and objectively even if he roots for another team.
I’m willing to give him a chance.

Advertisement
All turds wanted to be Canes first, but weren’t cut out to be. So they’ll jump on the bandwagon every which way…

Advertisement
And people here don't like Dan LeBatard who is a UM grad for his past reporting about the Pell Grant scandal. Who cares where someone went to a school? I have no idea who he is, but if he is a professional, he will report fairly and objectively even if he roots for another team.

and if there's anything we've all learned over the past 5 or 6 years, it's that professionals in the media report fairly and objectively. good point!

Last edited:
we don't want him. gtfo

and if there's anything we've all learned over the past 5 or 6 years, it's that professionals in the media report fairly and objectively. good point!
So if all journalists suck then why do you care who is hired and where he/she went to school?

Advertisement
Ive been a life long cane and could not afford the tuition. Even at the 75% academic scholarship they offered it still left me with more debt than the full ride I got from the gayturds. The fact I flunked out due to the swamp distractions is beside the point. I'll give they a chance but it's a short leash

I believe our first (and only) clue necessary to be suspect is "journalist".
The fact he attended UiF and writes about UM is fine.
The fact he, as a purported journalist who should maintain a semblance of impartiality, associates himself as a UiF alum on the same Twitter profile he uses for presumably journalistic purposes is problematic, IMO.

Mystery solved.

I think I've said it before, but if I ever had **** you money, I'd retire from trucking and become an unbiased, unpaid UM football journalist.

I wouldn't care on stepping on the wrong toes or being denied access. Straight facts, no chaser.

I wish the mainstream media would adopt this attitude. :/

Advertisement
Top 5 Journalism schools in the USA:

1 - Washington & Lee
2 - Northwestern
3 - Georgetown
4 - Columbia
5 - Wisconsin

As usual, we must hold firm in denying any respect to UiF

I said bigger. Not better.

I have no problems denying respect to UiF, but I can acknowledge that the school breeds journalists like ****roaches.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Independent Florida Alligator is a renowned college newspaper—and where a reporter went to school has zero to do with their ability to be a beat writer.

For what it's worth, I earned my B.A. in English from Florida and wrote for their paper for a matter of months—the lead editor a Miami-bred kid (Jacob Luft) who offered me a gig for all the hate e-mail I'd send to Steve Gorten.

Quickly realized I didn't want to be a journalist, I just enjoyed writing about the Canes—so I went straight to the computer lab, wrote Bryan Knoll (Grassy.com) and he offered me a gig as a columnist for his site and magazine back in 1997—now in my 25th year covering UM football.

UF diploma in the attic somewhere, but my Canes loyalty as a Miami native never wavered.

Two of my best friends from HS were sportswriters for The Alligator. One turned it into a full-time gig with The Orlando Sentinel, and got the Gaytors beat. Once he left, the Sentinel hired Bianchi, and it's been garbage ever since.

And people here don't like Dan LeBatard who is a UM grad for his past reporting about the Pell Grant scandal. Who cares where someone went to a school? I have no idea who he is, but if he is a professional, he will report fairly and objectively even if he roots for another team.

Uhhh, yeahhh...

LeBatard has been a problem for a while. Suspended multiple times from college to the pros. He may be OK as a shock jock, but I don't know if "fair" and "objective" are adjectives I would use for him when he was a print reporter.

The Independent Florida Alligator is a renowned college newspaper—and where a reporter went to school has zero to do with their ability to be a beat writer.

For what it's worth, I earned my B.A. in English from Florida and wrote for their paper for a matter of months—the lead editor a Miami-bred kid (Jacob Luft) who offered me a gig for all the hate e-mail I'd send to Steve Gorten.

Quickly realized I didn't want to be a journalist, I just enjoyed writing about the Canes—so I went straight to the computer lab, wrote Bryan Knoll (Grassy.com) and he offered me a gig as a columnist for his site and magazine back in 1997—now in my 25th year covering UM football.

UF diploma in the attic somewhere, but my Canes loyalty as a Miami native never wavered.
Are you a he/him or she/her or they/them? Sorry had to ask as you did spend time in Gainsville

Advertisement
Back