UM Media Day

gcane44

Junior
I believe today is media day at UM. I've read a few interesting tidbits from Richt's interview and I believe the assistant coaches are being interviewed, as well.

**Richt is pleased with how the 1st team OL is gelling, stating "they are ready to play a game"**

**Richt on special teams: "I like what I've seen from Zach Feagles, I like what I've seen from Jordan Butler with snaps and with Bubba, he had a good day today after struggling in the stadium." **

**Richt on Jarren Williams: "Jarren is a typical freshman. He doesn't know quite what to do on every play.... The one thing I do love about him is he seems fearless in the pocket and when he gets his sight on a target, and he's not perfect, but he hits his target more times than not... Very optimistic about his future."**

**Richt indicated that he's considering co-number 2s at QB with Perry and Williams because it is close**

Post whatever else you find on here so we can have one spot for all the info

Advertisement
Really? Co-number 2’s between Perry and Williams? That may spell doom for Perry and his Merry men

Richt said co-#2s between Perry and Weldon.

Re: Williams, he hasn't made a huge leap from spring (I thought there was a chance he would rocket past the other two) but he still looks like a stud. This is speculation, but I would not be surprised if Richt is being strategic in his comments about the freshman QB.

Advertisement
How so? Richt had praised Perry in recent days and he really impressed going against the ones in the scrimmage

Got to have the feeling if they share #2 this year, Williams would overtake him next year. Maybe he sticks around for the competition, or maybe he wants to take the easy way and transfer.

Advertisement
Richt said co-#2s between Perry and Weldon.

Correct, he said this because it allows him to use the new redshirt rules to our advantage and see each of these guys when the live bullets are flying. Might as well see them all a little bit this year. Hopefully we’ll start putting some teams away earlier and it will open up that window.

Re: Williams, he hasn't made a huge leap from spring (I thought there was a chance he would rocket past the other two) but he still looks like a stud. This is speculation, but I would not be surprised if Richt is being strategic in his comments about the freshman QB.

We can't afford to lose any QB's, seeing that we may not be able to get one in this years recruiting class.

I believe today is media day at UM. I've read a few interesting tidbits from Richt's interview and I believe the assistant coaches are being interviewed, as well.

**Richt is pleased with how the 1st team OL is gelling, stating "they are ready to play a game"**

**Richt on special teams: "I like what I've seen from Zach Feagles, I like what I've seen from Jordan Butler with snaps and with Bubba, he had a good day today after struggling in the stadium." **

**Richt on Jarren Williams: "Jarren is a typical freshman. He doesn't know quite what to do on every play.... The one thing I do love about him is he seems fearless in the pocket and when he gets his sight on a target, and he's not perfect, but he hits his target more times than not... Very optimistic about his future."**

**Richt indicated that he's considering co-number 2s at QB with Perry and Williams because it is close**

Post whatever else you find on here so we can have one spot for all the info

Cane Dynasty is thrilled that the long snapper has been identified.

I love the tidbit about the OL. Richt speaking about how the first unit is game ready is a far cry from what we were hearing in the spring.

Surprised the board isn't going crazy over that tidbit.

Advertisement
Co number twos ?

Well that should be a ***** for LSU to scout , Rosier gets hurt and we’ll have two QBs come in the game . That’s a wrinkle i wasn’t expecting, I see ya coach richt.

Advertisement
Co number twos ?

Well that should be a ***** for LSU to scout , Rosier gets hurt and we’ll have two QBs come in the game . That’s a wrinkle i wasn’t expecting, I see ya coach richt.
MAn, I just had a vision of both QBs faking a high snap and he ball being directly snapped to the HB. Thanks for that.

Advertisement
Back