UM jumps 5 spots to #11 @ D1Baseball, are #14 in D1 RPI and are #3 seed in ACC, a half game behind #2 Duke...

It’s tough for me to say this because there have been spots where Gino’s been bad. Especially with arms and at 3rd.

But this is by far the most impressive year he’s put together during his tenure as skipper at miami. I’m still highly skeptical that we will be able to get it done against teams not in the acc. But with what we’ve produced given the limitations of our staff has been very impressive
Definitely. Especially early in the year there was a moment, I think in the Jacksonville loss where even Gino had that look like he knew this year could go south quickly. Yet despite a lot of bumps in the road this team with a strong finish and a few breaks could be a top 8 seed.

Advertisement
Not sure Clemson isn't the 2nd best team in the ACC this season. They are getting hot at the right time.

They've won 15 out of the last 19, are ranked as high as #10, have the same ACC record as us (half a game back of #2 Duke) and they had a better RPI than we do (+2) heading into tonight, and they are up by 8 runs against #8 Coastal Carolina in the 7th while we beat a bad FIU team.

We have to keep pace with them down the stretch.

ACC RPI update per D1Baseball as of today re: hosting:

#2: Wake
#8: BC
#11: Clemson
#17: Miami
#20: NCST

IMG_2183.jpeg

This is what it’s like when death smiles at you.

Advertisement
The 2 things we have working for us against Duke are the fact that their team ERA is 4.98 on the road, compared to 2.99 at home. Unfortunately Duke and Pitt both had much more success against Virginia than we did. I'm going to predict 4-2 in the last six ACC games for us. We have been so good at home that I want to believe we'll find a way to take the Duke series.

Miami wins vs Pitt

Clemson wins vs VT

Duke loses to GT

Miami moves into first place in the coastal and #2 ACC seed, Clemson moves into the #3 ACC tourney seed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I hear Edgardo Villegas is getting his first start on the mound this Friday and hitting leadoff.

Overheard coach say he doesnt think he has the ball in his hands enough or enough ABs.

I hear Edgardo Villegas is getting his first start on the mound this Friday and hitting leadoff.

Overheard coach say he doesnt think he has the ball in his hands enough or enough ABs.
He gets on base. 3rd highest OBP on the team among regulars. Kind of important in the 2 hole.

Advertisement
UVA snuck up there and
Need a 3-1 week. Beat FIU + win the Duke series and we're guaranteed a top-4 ACC finish and in great shape for hosting
Unfortunately with UVA's little run here its going to be tough to win the Coastal. 2-1 vs Duke would mean we would need UVA to go 1-2 against GT.

The announcers kept talking about Duke vs Miami for the Coastal but in reality there is a good chance neither team wins it now.

Advertisement
Back