UM jumps 5 spots to #11 @ D1Baseball, are #14 in D1 RPI and are #3 seed in ACC, a half game behind #2 Duke...

Cryptical Envelopment

What a long strange trip it's been
Banned

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 2.41.55 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 2.47.40 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 2.47.15 PM.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
We're certainly trending in the right direction, but there's a lot of baseball left. And as @scane showed, our remaining schedule is a challenge from an RPI standpoint.

I am just glad we don't have a midweek this week, coming off the road series high and it allows us to get some arms rested.
It is Final week

Advertisement
I need one of you freaks to tell me our record vs RPI top 25 is not going to be a problem.

I need one of you freaks to tell me our record vs RPI top 25 is not going to be a problem.
I think we’ll be fine depending how we finish, 8 of our 9 losses are to top ~10 RPI teams (#1, 9, 11).

We actually knocked UL out of the top 25, so that’s 2 wins we could get back if they finish decent, and they still have Clemson/UVA series, plus a midweek with Vandy to boost their RPI.

Finish strong with 18-19 wins in the ACC and it should be enough to make it not matter for hosting.

I think we’ll be fine depending how we finish, 8 of our 9 losses are to top ~10 RPI teams (#1, 9, 11).

We actually knocked UL out of the top 25, so that’s 2 wins we could get back if they finish decent, and they still have Clemson/UVA series, plus a midweek with Vandy to boost their RPI.

Finish strong with 18-19 wins in the ACC and it should be enough to make it not matter for hosting.
Thank you.
I think I feel better now.

With 18/19 ACC wins we should be a top 8 seed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
honestly I know we are strong at home but I’m almost ready to try something different and be a 2 seed somewhere.
I can't be the only one that didn't hate the last D1 projection where we were the 2 (UCLA 3) in Connecticut matched with the Coastal/Clemson/Wofford winner.

Rankings this morning. Still, a lot to finish for us and those around us. 6-1...maybe even 5-2 with a good showing in the Acc Tourney and maybe we sneak into that 8 seed. Crazy after how things were trending..and to be honest despite playing some ugly ball along the way. But sometimes the teams you dont expect much from surprise you. Coastal finishes with Citadel, Clemson and then South Alabama. Campbell ends with 2 pretty solid teams in Gardner webb and Usc upstate who could allow them to jump if they win 5/6 . WVU has Texas and Texas Tech. Uconn has a bad Butler team and an average Creighton team.

So that cluster of 8 through 13 could do a lot of jockeying if they even just slip up a bit or if someone finds a way to win out or close to it. Take care of FAU and then get ready for a Pitt team that has given up some bigger numbers recently. They dont hit well, and their pitching is pretty bad.
345927640_233275822726594_7053386982229337019_n.jpg

Advertisement
Back