UM jumps 5 spots to #11 @ D1Baseball, are #14 in D1 RPI and are #3 seed in ACC, a half game behind #2 Duke...

UVA snuck up there and

Unfortunately with UVA's little run here its going to be tough to win the Coastal. 2-1 vs Duke would mean we would need UVA to go 1-2 against GT.

The announcers kept talking about Duke vs Miami for the Coastal but in reality there is a good chance neither team wins it now.
Ya, and if Clemson wins their series and we don't sweep, we're a 4 seed in ACC tourney. Should still be good enough to host assuming we don't go two and BBQ in the ACC tourney, since we will have won our last 5 ACC series w three of them on the road.

There will be 6 - 7 SEC teams hosting this year and 4 - 5 ACC IMO. It appears the two conferences will have 70% - 80% of the Top 20 RPIs when all is said and done.

Advertisement
I hear Edgardo Villegas is getting his first start on the mound this Friday and hitting leadoff.

Overheard coach say he doesnt think he has the ball in his hands enough or enough ABs.
The End Reaction GIF by Freeform

Break Pause GIF by femtec alumnae e.v.

200.gif

Seriously if I could punch Duke in the collective face I would. Losing 9-2 to freaking Gardner-Webb.

They've completely ruined the RPI bonus they looked to be in a matter of two weeks.

Seriously if I could punch Duke in the collective face I would. Losing 9-2 to freaking Gardner-Webb.

They've completely ruined the RPI bonus they looked to be in a matter of two weeks.
Wow. I guess the silver lining is that they aren't playing very well right now.

He gets on base. 3rd highest OBP on the team among regulars. Kind of important in the 2 hole.

Among the regulars... we found Dimare's burner account.

People act surprised when kids come off the bench you never heard of it and light it up. This team is too talented to not be playing with that the # 2 spot on the regular.

Jocoby has earned the starting gig, maybe Renzo as well.

Kid prob has the lowest slugging percentage of any starter in the ACC. He is a walk or an out. If anything is on the line he aint doing snot.

Watch him bench him when the games count just like he did last year.

Advertisement
Among the regulars... we found Dimare's burner account.

People act surprised when kids come off the bench you never heard of it and light it up. This team is too talented to not be playing with that the # 2 spot on the regular.

Jocoby has earned the starting gig, maybe Renzo as well.

Kid prob has the lowest slugging percentage of any starter in the ACC. He is a walk or an out. If anything is on the line he aint doing snot.

Watch him bench him when the games count just like he did last year.
Burner account? Stop the hyperbole. I’m probably Gino’s harshest critic on this board. Try and keep up.

D1 projection
BATON ROUGECORAL GABLES
1 LSU (4)1 Miami (13)
4 Nicholls*4 Army*
2 Southern Miss2 Washington
3 Oklahoma3 Florida Gulf Coast*

Advertisement
Both have 2 ACC teams in the top 8 and 5 hosts overall. The difference between the two is that D1 has Duke hosting and BA has BC hosting.

#12 overall seed from BA with Alabama, K State, and Central Connecticut St. Paired with Stanford

@RVACane likes this.

Advertisement
Not sure Clemson isn't the 2nd best team in the ACC this season. They are getting hot at the right time.

They've won 15 out of the last 19, are ranked as high as #10, have the same ACC record as us (half a game back of #2 Duke) and they had a better RPI than we do (+2) heading into tonight, and they are up by 8 runs against #8 Coastal Carolina in the 7th while we beat a bad FIU team.

We have to keep pace with them down the stretch.

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 7.38.59 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 7.41.20 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 8.12.07 PM.png

I Win Take That GIF by Film Riot

@S.CarolinaCane

Winning Snoop Dogg GIF by VH1

Last edited:
Take 2 of 3 vs. Duke.

Take 2 of 3 (on the road) vs Pitt.

Win our two midweek games against a bad FIU team.

All we can do is our part, we can't really worry about much more. Hopefully some of the teams we are competing with for seed implode.

✅

✅

✅

Kudos to the team, they took care of business. Now go have a great ACC tourney. Keep it rolling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back