UM has 3 of the Top 20 Recruiters in the Country

Bruh; Patke, Diaz, Baker, Lashlee are all wellllllllllllllllll ahead of Rumph for 2021. Rumph is considered the 541st best recruiter in the country!!
On my mama, I start getting worried to see if my man was even on the list! Lol.

Here’s his ranks since 2016:
2021: 541st
2020: 228th
2019: 164th (even Enos was better than him)
2018: 135th
2017: 209th
2016: 429th (1st yr, so gets a pass)

I guess we can take solace in knowing 247 technically considers Rumph a recruiter. Lol; but for anyone trying to defend him at this point is laughable. Dude has gotten progressively, and expeditiously worst after the 2018 AH4, AH3, **** AH2 debacle. @Dwinstitles
Bruh Rumph hot garbage at recruiting anyone defending him doesn't know wtf they are talking about

Advertisement
Patke just has an N/A next to his name
Patke is #363 and Rumph is #541 for 2021
Patke was #187 and Rumph was #228th for 2020
Patke was #316(?) and Rumph was #164th for 2019 (I believe this was Patke’s first yr as a full staff & recruiter)

Rumph has been our worst recruiter; but truth be told, Diaz sucked mucho *** as a recruiter as well. Banda over the last two classes has become a totally different person as far as recruiting.

Whatever has happened this class, be it NIL, bags, COVID-19, whatever.....it’s a welcomed change.

Once again you are clueless. Al Golden retained Stoutland. Stoutland chose to go to Bama to work for Saban and nearly double his pay. Aubrey Hill was also retained by Golden but went to UF.

I will break it down for you more simply since you have trouble with reading comprehension.

Stoutland was hired by Shannon. Shannon got fired. Golden was hired. Golden told Stoutland he would be one of only a couple coaches retained from Shannon's staff. Stoutland decided not to work for the new head coach. That is not an example of a big program coming down and stealing a successful position coach or coordinator off a head coach's staff. You have no idea if Stoutland accepted the Bama job because of money, or if he thought it was a better job, or because he was upset that Golden didn't retain other coaches who were his friends, or even if it was as basic as him thinking Al Golden was a cheesed!ck and not wanting to work for him. If Stoutland had been on Golden's staff for even a single game, you would be correct if he then left for Bama. He never worked for Golden.

You to appear to be one of the cucked fans that trembles at the mention of the SEC and believe in the fiction that bigger programs routinely take Miami's best coaching /recruiting talent. That rarely, if ever happens.

Tell you what - how about a wager. One month account ban on the line. If you can list three successful* coaches in the last 20 years that left the staff of the head coach that hired them for another P5 program, you win. If you cant, I win (and the board wins since they will get a brief rest from your stupidity).

Successful is defined as "still coaching at the P5 level or higher."

If Miami's best coaches are always being stolen away by other P5 programs, this should pretty easy for you.

Last edited:
Big facts. I was trying to tell a certain poster that those 4 star DBs he got, some of them he wasn’t even the primary recruiter.
And that was some last-minute ****....they don't understand recruiting and keep looking at late minute moves.

Advertisement
I will break it down for you more simply since you have trouble with reading comprehension.

Stoutland was hired by Shannon. Shannon got fired. Golden was hired. Golden told Stoutland he would be one of only a couple coaches retained from Shannon's staff. Stoutland decided not to work for the new head coach. That is not an example of a big program coming down and stealing a successful position coach or coordinator off a head coach's staff. You have no idea if Stoutland accepted the Bama job because of money, or if he thought it was a better job, or because he was upset that Golden didn't retain other coaches who were his friends, or even if it was as basic as him thinking Al Golden was a cheesed!ck and not wanting to work for him. If Stoutland had been on Golden's staff for even a single game, you would be correct if he then left for Bama. He never worked for Golden.

You to appear to be one of the cucked fans that trembles at the mention of the SEC and believe in the fiction that bigger programs routinely take Miami's best coaching /recruiting talent. That rarely, if ever happens.

Tell you what - how about a wager. One month account ban on the line. If you can list three successful* coaches in the last 20 years that left the staff of the head coach that hired them for another P5 program, you win. If you cant, I win (and the board wins since they will get a brief rest from your stupidity).

Successful is defined as "still coaching at the P5 level or higher."

If Miami's best coaches are always being stolen away by other P5 programs, this should pretty easy for you.
What the **** are you talking about? I called you out for beign wrong on stoutland and you were. When did I ever say a bunch of assistants leave for UM for other P5 jobs and do well?

Last edited:
What the **** are you talking about? I called you out for beign wrong on stoutland and you were. When did I ever say a bunch of assistants leave for UM for other P5 jobs and do well?

I was not wrong on Stoutland. He was never coached a single game for Al Golden. It's idiotic to believe a position coach or coordinator taking another job after a change in head coaches counts as another team stealing a coach from the staff. Golden got rid of all but 3 coaches, everyone thought they were at risk of being fired. Stoutland had absolutely no relationship with Al Golden except being told, "Guess what, I don't plan on firing you like I did all your friends." If you dont understand the difference between that and the notion that Bama or UGA will hire Banda away because he has been such a good recruiter for Diaz, you are denser than I thought. The latter almost never happens. Coaches at Miami rarely leave the head coaches that hired them for another P5 program.

If you have a point to make then make it. Otherwise you are being argumentative because you like being annoying and pedantic.

If you want to peepee yourself with worry that Banda or anyone else on the staff is going to leave because some big bad SEC program is going to make them an offer they can't refuse, then knock yourself out. Neither I nor anyone with common sense is concerned. I'm done arguing with you.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was not wrong on Stoutland. He was never coached a single game for Al Golden. It's idiotic to believe a position coach or coordinator taking another job after a change in head coaches counts as another team stealing a coach from the staff. Golden got rid of all but 3 coaches, everyone thought they were at risk of being fired. Stoutland had absolutely no relationship with Al Golden except being told, "Guess what, I don't plan on firing you like I did all your friends." If you dont understand the difference between that and the notion that Bama or UGA will hire Banda away because he has been such a good recruiter for Diaz, you are denser than I thought. The latter almost never happens. Coaches at Miami rarely leave the head coaches that hired them for another P5 program.

I think we can debate this without getting nasty.

I dont think Banda leaves for any other job unless it becomes clear Diaz would neve promote him to DC. They have been together for a long time now

In my opinion, Stoutland was hired, or same thing being retained by Golden. Just like current coaches can be retained/hired, they can also be fired or not retained. Diaz fired all the offensive staff when he was hired. If you can fire then you can also hire. And I specifically remember the interview with Golden. He said he got to know Jeff over the years since they always ran into each other on the recruiting trail. I dont think not coaching a single game is evidence he was not hired. He recruited, attended meetings, etc under Golden for a very brief period of time before he was hired away.

UM has always been raided by the NFL much more often than other P5 programs. Hasnt been as bad as of late since we have not been very good though.

Off the top of my head, I remember Cristobal, Mark Stoops, and thats about it leaving for other p5 schools and being successful. Cristobal also came in and saw the disaster Golden was and left shorlty after

Not if the new coach really wanted him to stay. It's a small coaching fraternity, particularly among the P5 coaches. There's a lot of talk and banter at the annual coaches conference. They know who's hot, talked about a lot, on the rise. Unless you're a fly on wall at the Hecht, no one can say for sure how this came down.

On the same notion whose to say that Bama or Ga doesn't say "We don't need no stinkin recruiter. We pay top dollar for DBs. We good there. But if you know a good QB listener, let's talk …".

I think we can debate this without getting nasty.

I dont think Banda leaves for any other job unless it becomes clear Diaz would neve promote him to DC. They have been together for a long time now

In my opinion, Stoutland was hired, or same thing being retained by Golden. Just like current coaches can be retained/hired, they can also be fired or not retained. Diaz fired all the offensive staff when he was hired. If you can fire then you can also hire. And I specifically remember the interview with Golden. He said he got to know Jeff over the years since they always ran into each other on the recruiting trail. I dont think not coaching a single game is evidence he was not hired. He recruited, attended meetings, etc under Golden for a very brief period of time before he was hired away.

UM has always been raided by the NFL much more often than other P5 programs. Hasnt been as bad as of late since we have not been very good though.

Off the top of my head, I remember Cristobal, Mark Stoops, and thats about it leaving for other p5 schools and being successful. Cristobal also came in and saw the disaster Golden was and left shorlty after
It shouldn't matter if they're Pro or college teams. If they're hiring away staff, no matter if it's for upgrading their current staff or just doing succession planning, it still makes the point that there are good coaches here that someone would want to raid. I may want to add Jess Simpson who left after 1 year.

Regrettably, the fact we have to struggle to name them, it happens far too infrequently.

Not if the new coach really wanted him to stay. It's a small coaching fraternity, particularly among the P5 coaches. There's a lot of talk and banter at the annual coaches conference. They know who's hot, talked about a lot, on the rise. Unless you're a fly on wall at the Hecht, no one can say for sure how this came down.

On the same notion whose to say that Bama or Ga doesn't say "We don't need no stinkin recruiter. We pay top dollar for DBs. We good there. But if you know a good QB listener, let's talk …".

There is a perception amongst a few soft shouldered fans that Miami is just a stepping stool for coaches to higher tier, more elite programs. Miami is a premier program. Coaches rarely leave Miami for another P5. They leave for the NFL on occasion but almost never for another P5.

Advertisement
There is a perception amongst a few soft shouldered fans that Miami is just a stepping stool for coaches to higher tier, more elite programs. Miami is a premier program. Coaches rarely leave Miami for another P5. They leave for the NFL on occasion but almost never for another P5.
That's seem to end when Butch left.

That's seem to end when Butch left.

That seemed to end when we started our downturn as well. Nobody really goes after guys on staffs who are underperforming. I still think Ped St and Franklin did us a HUGE favor taking Stubblenuts off the staff for us. He was trash

Advertisement
Bruh; Patke, Diaz, Baker, Lashlee are all wellllllllllllllllll ahead of Rumph for 2021. Rumph is considered the 541st best recruiter in the country!!
On my mama, I start getting worried to see if my man was even on the list! Lol.

Here’s his ranks since 2016:
2021: 541st
2020: 228th
2019: 164th (even Enos was better than him)
2018: 135th
2017: 209th
2016: 429th (1st yr, so gets a pass)

I guess we can take solace in knowing 247 technically considers Rumph a recruiter. Lol; but for anyone trying to defend him at this point is laughable. Dude has gotten progressively, and expeditiously worst after the 2018 AH4, AH3, **** AH2 debacle. @Dwinstitles
The man had to go to a shrink for recruiting 🤣

Last edited:
Was Kul on staff when he went to bama? Or had he been let go i dont remember

He was on staff, and I dont think many tears were shred when he did leave internally due to his refusal to put effort into recruiting. Same reason Saban canned him after one year

Was Kul on staff when he went to bama? Or had he been let go i dont remember
Was on staff. Given that he didn't even last two years before Saban canned him (and he had a long history with Saban going back years!), I think it's safe to say that he did us a favor. He's coaching at a G5 now.

Advertisement
Back