UM has 3 of the Top 20 Recruiters in the Country

Advertisement
I don’t think you understand the dynamics of the program. All those dudes are incredibly loyal to Diaz and vice versa. They aren't leaving for another program unless pushed out.

And when has this happened before? When has Miami ever lost a top coach to another program? Miami has lost coaches to the NFL but it has rarely, if ever, lost a coach to another school.
Jeff Stoutland to Bama

Advertisement
You mean after Randy Shannon was fired and Stoutland took the Bama job to be sure he'd be employed the following year? Yeah that's not stealing the staff away from the head coach.
It wasn't meant to detrack from your point, if he's the only one close that says something. At the time I posted, I didn't remember when and how he left. But since you brought it up, I now recall, he was named the interim head coach to finish the season after Shannon was fired. At the end of the season, he didn't have to wait long, Saban signed him as soon as he became available.

Currently, he's in the NFL, doing good, and hasn't looked back.

Why would we lose Banda? He's loyal to Diaz. Maybe he likes what he's doing. For how many years did people think Bud Foster would leave for a HC job? Funny thing is I worked with one of his close friends way back in 2009 who told me that there was no amount of money or any job that would sway Foster. He loved where he lived and being a DC. Didn't have an extravagant lifestyle and was actually very happy with spending his career as a DC at VT.
Yeah, think I read a while back that Foster has a home on a lake, probably in the mountains. You don’t see that much of that kind of lifestyle in Florida, but a lot like hills and mountains, freshwater fishing in lakes, maybe lake boating and hunting in the woods.

It wasn't meant to detrack from your point, if he's the only one close that says something. At the time I posted, I didn't remember when and how he left. But since you brought it up, I now recall, he was named the interim head coach to finish the season after Shannon was fired. At the end of the season, he didn't have to wait long, Saban signed him as soon as he became available.

Currently, he's in the NFL, doing good, and hasn't looked back.
Pretty sure Golden planned on keeping him after the interim thing but then bama came calling and freaking Kehoe was forced on him.. sheesh

Advertisement
Golden planned on keeping him

"Planned to" doesn't count for ****. He could plan to do a lot of things but Stoutland had no guarantees he'd have a job. When a coach does as poorly as Shannon, no one can be feel safe the next staff will keep them. That in no way counts as a school hiring someone from Miami. It almost never happens. Coaches will leave for the NFL but our cuckolded fans have invented a narrative that big schools come down to S Fl and take the best coaches from the Canes. Not true in the slightest.

Advertisement
"Planned to" doesn't count for ****. He could plan to do a lot of things but Stoutland had no guarantees he'd have a job. When a coach does as poorly as Shannon, no one can be feel safe the next staff will keep them.
LOL.. Whatever man, I think you are loud and wrong but do you.. Saban had his oline coach retire a couple weeks later and then he came down and offered Stoutland, we will just go with you misremembering since it was 10 years plus ago.. :censored:

https://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/20022/3-um-assistants-retained-canes-add-one-recruit

Miami assistant coaches Micheal Barrow, Aubrey Hill and Jeff Stoutland were retained by new coach Al Golden.

Barrow will coach the linebackers, Hill will serve as the wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator while Stoutland will coach the offensive line. It's still possible that other current Miami assistants join Golden's staff at a later date. This announcement will definitely help Golden with recruiting, especially when it comes to Hill, the recruiting coordinator. Hill's knowledge of Miami's recruiting territory will immediately help Golden compensate for his lack of familiarity with the area.

It's also a great reward for these staff members who willingly hung in there during the transition phase, including the awkwardly uncertain time when Golden was hired yet they were still expected to coach and prepare the team for the bowl game. The help they can bring in recruiting, though, will be invaluable to Golden.

And Golden hasn't wasted any time recruiting.

Golden gained his first commitment for the Canes since being named head coach in defensive lineman Olsen Pierre of Fork Union Military Academy, Va. Pierre had first pledged to Temple when Golden was coach of the Owls. The Canes now have five pledges.

LOL.. Whatever man, I think you are loud and wrong but do you.. Saban had his oline coach retire a couple weeks later and then he came down and offered Stoutland, we will just go with you misremembering since it was 10 years plus ago.. :censored:

https://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/20022/3-um-assistants-retained-canes-add-one-recruit

Bro, simple question. Did they ever coach a single game Al Golden? If the answer is no, then taking a different job between head coach changes does not qualify as being hired away from Miami.

The nervous nellies are worried that since Banda has been so successful, some coach will hire him away from Manny Diaz. Anything is possible but historically that doesn't happen. Coaches will leave for the NFL though. If Lashlee or Baker win championships, they might leave for a HC gig or the NFL but the chances they take a lateral hire at a different school are near zero.

Cristobal was damaged goods after FIU and JJ told him if he wanted to ever be a head coach again, he should learn under Saban. Banda doesn't need his reputation to be rehabbed and he doesn't appear to be person that would enjoy being under Saban's thumb. What is more realistic is a failed coach like Rumph would get hired by Bama to be a quality control analyst after Diaz finds an upgrade.

Last edited:
You mean after Randy Shannon was fired and Stoutland took the Bama job to be sure he'd be employed the following year? Yeah that's not stealing the staff away from the head coach.
Once again you are clueless. Al Golden retained Stoutland. Stoutland chose to go to Bama to work for Saban and nearly double his pay. Aubrey Hill was also retained by Golden but went to UF.

Advertisement
You must be very young. 19 or 20 years old? Someday when you are all grown up you will understand that adults make decisions for reasons other than money.

If a coach is on a fun staff with his friends in Miami, 150k likely isn't going to convince him to move to Tuscaloosa and work for an ******* like Saban.
45 years old actually I’ll be 46 tomorrow. There have been several coaches leave for more money, or a better opportunity. Pannuzio is another that left and went to Alabama. But I’m not gonna bore you with facts! If you wanna have fun you go to Disney World if you wanna secure your future you go where you can make the most money!

Rumph is at the top of the list too...oh sHT had the list upside down.

My bad..🤣🤣

Bruh; Patke, Diaz, Baker, Lashlee are all wellllllllllllllllll ahead of Rumph for 2021. Rumph is considered the 541st best recruiter in the country!!
On my mama, I start getting worried to see if my man was even on the list! Lol.

Here’s his ranks since 2016:
2021: 541st
2020: 228th
2019: 164th (even Enos was better than him)
2018: 135th
2017: 209th
2016: 429th (1st yr, so gets a pass)

I guess we can take solace in knowing 247 technically considers Rumph a recruiter. Lol; but for anyone trying to defend him at this point is laughable. Dude has gotten progressively, and expeditiously worst after the 2018 AH4, AH3, **** AH2 debacle. @Dwinstitles

Advertisement
Back