UM first ACC tournament game is Thursday at Noon

Literally the 3rd game in a row that has come down to the other team have a half court prayer to win or lose. Miami is 2-1 in those games. How is that not concerning? Miami routinely gives up big leads late

We never led Pitt by double digits

Advertisement
We nearly just blew a 18 point second half lead less than two weeks after blowing a 25 point lead. This is a trend. Not an overreaction.
Idk if you’ve noticed but no lead is safe, ever. You legit have to be up 20 with less than 5mins for it to be secure. 15pts is nothing.

Ultimately this game we didn’t have any stupid turnovers at the end. We just have to hit free throws

This team won't go deep in the tourney. Can't protect a comfortable lead, can't inbound the ball when it matters, can't play transition defense, get's the short end of the whistles every ******* game? I'm ****ed that Coach L can't figure out how to fix it. I'm tired of aging 10 years watching every one of our games.

We had no problem inbounding the ball today. We missed FTs and they hit some circus 3s.

Advertisement
Well, we hung on 2 of 3 times they ate a big lead and tried last shot for a win. I guess Coach L likes those odds and aint ready to sit Wong last few minutes and put Beverly in (last time he did Beverly was perfect last 6 minutes) Roster management please.

Advertisement
The point is, we make FTs, this game doesn't come down to it. We didn't turn the ball over, or have problems inbounding. We had reliable FT shooters miss FTs. That's the story at the end.

Advertisement
We had no problem inbounding the ball today. We missed FTs and they hit some circus 3s.
Yea the overreaction to today is something.

We didn’t have a dumb turnover like we usually do at the end. We simply just didn’t make FTs and they hit 3s. The one that hurt the most was the Appleby circus 3 to cut it to 4 with 22s left after stretching it to 7.

Like there’s nothing you can do there bros

Advertisement
Survive and advance. GO CANES.
Always, but these seem like loss
Anytime they stretch a lead out and get a little comfy you can count on a run coming. Then like click work per down their legs the last minute smh.
We all know Coach L is a legend and knows more about basketball than most, that said:

This 5 minute mark or so (give or take) at the end of games we control, I have to believe he is telling them to bleed clock and run the offense with no less than 3-4 passes.

That never happens.

Why? I don’t like any of the possible answers.

1. He is telling them, **** it…just chuck and duck;

2. He is telling them to do it, and they just refuse, so he doesn’t really have coaching control over squad he may have used to; or

3. He isn’t really coaching them up on the situation no the way we would think a legend should…

We can all speculate, but (outside of horribly officiated games against us) we compound the issues by not playing high probability, clock burning basketball when we have succeeded all half doing it.😡😡😡

If youre fine with winning like this against a depleted conference 9 seed, I’m happy for you

Tournaments are not for style points. You win. Period. Were you upset when they beat BC last year on a Miller layup at the buzzer? BC was a lot worse of a team than Wake. What about when we had to get some late 3s to beat BC in 2013 in the quaterfinals?

This is like watching a Frank Haith coached team all over again. Major concerns with this staff right now.
Tell me you weren’t watching Haiths teams without telling me. It’s an insult to compare Frank to a decent high school coach, much less Coach L.

You really think any team is going to lie down in the ACCT? Miami won, end of discussion. It doesn’t matter whether you win by 2 or 42 in March, just win. There’s things to work on, but that’s nothing new.

Can only hope that a positive of today is that it was yet another wake up call for tomorrow and the nerves and dumb decisions are out of the way.

Advertisement
Back