UM dismisses Sam Bruce

Advertisement
Fortunately, and unfortunately he seems to finally have gotten it, after all these years.

Love that he’s owning it. Kinda sad after he broke down what he feels made him act out the way he did, which was due to all the pressure.

I hope someone hires him to mentor these young’ns.
He's playing for the Frisco Fighters now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lmao naw that was 1 minor issue of many.... But still, Richt could've let that one slide
That **** is ridiculous.....most the kids I grew up with r blood. I rock the bandana cause I like red.......to me if anyone has a red bandana it doesn't mean that your a blood. That **** is stupid they got on him for that I would of bounced too.

Advertisement
That **** is ridiculous.....most the kids I grew up with r blood. I rock the bandana cause I like red.......to me if anyone has a red bandana it doesn't mean that your a blood. That **** is stupid they got on him for that I would of bounced too.
1) That's how you get shot. If you not bout that life, no need to pretend. If Sam got shot, it sheds a negative light on the program, that other schools would use, as an example to parents why their kids shouldn't come to UM.

2) Richt was trying to turn the program around. It's 1 thing to let things slide when you're 5+ years in. But when you're trying to get someone else's recruits to act/think/behave the way you want, examples have to be made.

Last edited:
That's facts.

Advertisement
How about people just go with he should accept responsibility, which I’m guessing is the theme of this interview.

But yet I’m seeing people still trying to make excuses for him, almost like they’re trying to find technicalities to explain his behavior.

Just because people think maybe a one game suspension was too harsh - that doesn’t excuse anything. Who hasn’t had something not go their way at some point in their lives.

He doesn’t need people making excuses for him. He needs to actually get his shlt together. It’s people caping for him and giving him the easy way out that I’m sure has been part of the issue. So why focus on one meaningless thing, when it’s all this other bullshlt that got him in trouble.

I’m glad he realizes the problem is him, and hope nothing but future success for him.

How about people just go with he should accept responsibility, which I’m guessing is the theme of this interview.

But yet I’m seeing people still trying to make excuses for him, almost like they’re trying to find technicalities to explain his behavior.

Just because people think maybe a one game suspension was too harsh - that doesn’t excuse anything. Who hasn’t had something not go their way at some point in their lives.

He doesn’t need people making excuses for him. He needs to actually get his shlt together. It’s people caping for him and giving him the easy way out that I’m sure has been part of the issue. So why focus on one meaningless thing, when it’s all this other bullshlt that got him in trouble.

I’m glad he realizes the problem is him, and hope nothing but future success for him.
I can tell you didn’t watch the interview. He says looking back and the space the school was in at that time frame he understands. Just the 18 year old him didn’t see nor understand what was going on. He says the spotlight was to much for him and it went to his head and had him acting different.

After all he’s gone through he said he’d choose UM again knowing everything he knows. That’s the wild part to me.

I can tell you didn’t watch the interview. He says looking back and the space the school was in at that time frame he understands. Just the 18 year old him didn’t see nor understand what was going on. He says the spotlight was to much for him and it went to his head and had him acting different.

After all he’s gone through he said he’d choose UM again knowing everything he knows. That’s the wild part to me.

You’re right I didn’t watch the interview, but I was commenting about what other people were posting. My understanding is he’s accepting responsibility.

Yeah I think the "defenders" of Bruce are missing alot of the interview. Buddy basically said he was living the Miami lifestyle. Partying all night, falling asleep in WR meetings...basically being a Coral Gables socialite. It was too much. Richt has seen it all with kids like Bruce and he probably knew how the story would end. (Remember he dealt with Isiah Crowell when he was at UGA)

And furthermore, as soon as as Bruce was off the team he got arrested for marijuana possession so Richt was right. The kid was just too **** immature. Glad he realizes that and hopefully he can be an example to these kids coming up that college coaches are only going to put up with so much.

Advertisement
Back