UM commit Manuel will visit this weekend, talks about his love for the Canes

It's always nice to hear the young commits sound so confident and strong on their commitments.. This 2020 class is no different then any other class for our Canes, it's all about getting the best players from the state of FL!! I'm one that loves to see Miami commits get those high rankings and stars BUT at the end of the day, I'm so used of our commits getting screwed it really doesn't matter IF he's a 5* or a 2*, long as he's a Cane on NSD...

Advertisement
Would love to see Rosemy snag an offer. He's been my favorite 2020 receiver I've seen this spring.
How does Rosemy compare to Britt? They seem to have very similar builds.

Not sure how many more WRs we can take in 2020 given the current number of commits for 2019 and 2020. I think we will have to be very selective on who we offer or take from here on out at WR. Based on the commits we have today we project to have 12 WRs in 2020. We will be carrying 11 next season, the most we've had in a while. I know there will be injuries and attrition but we are not even done with 2019 yet...

SR Mike Harley
SR Jeff Thomas
RJR Evidence Njoku
JR Mark Pope
JR Brian Hightower
JR Daquris Wiggins
JR Marquez Ezzard
SO Jeremiah Payton
SO Brieon Fuller
FR Leonard Manuel
FR Marc Britt
FR Jermaine Burton

Edit: On second thought we did lose Bruce & Mullins pretty quick... no guarantees, stack chips!

Last edited:
Unless Thomas gets hurt there is no way that cat is staying longer than 3 years in college. Ready or not here he comes. I hope our coaches understand that is the attitude these kids have right or completely wrong.

“I just love the culture that Miami has,” Manuel said. “Players that go to Miami are playing for survival, so when we all together playing for the same thing it makes you want it more cause you know the man beside you want it just as bad as you do.”

What a bada$$ way of putting it, I love it

As a freshman at a Nike Camp has a 38 inch vertical which is sensational as vertical and explosive power in legs develops later in high school.

Advertisement
How does Rosemy compare to Britt? They seem to have very similar builds.

Not sure how many more WRs we can take in 2020 given the current number of commits for 2019 and 2020. I think we will have to be very selective on who we offer or take from here on out at WR. Based on the commits we have today we project to have 12 WRs in 2020. We will be carrying 11 next season, the most we've had in a while. I know there will be injuries and attrition but we are not even done with 2019 yet...

SR Mike Harley
SR Jeff Thomas
RJR Evidence Njoku
JR Mark Pope
JR Brian Hightower
JR Daquris Wiggins
JR Marquez Ezzard
SO Jeremiah Payton
SO Brieon Fuller
FR Leonard Manuel
FR Marc Britt
FR Jermaine Burton

Edit: On second thought we did lose Bruce & Mullins pretty quick... no guarantees, stack chips!

There is not one reach in that list. Remember that Bruce & Mullins were commits to the old regime first. I think the new recruits know better what to expect from Richt and while we'll always have attrition, we should see less of it. I think going forward, when kids who leave, it will be because they'd be starters anywhere else and want playing time.

Give me a huge WR with a crazy vertical who likes to inflict pain on his competition. This kid could be our Megatron.

Advertisement
HAHAHAHA im ******* crying right now!

you guys see that second highlight where he hops over the fence? lost my ****

easily my favorite recruit for 2020 just for that alone.

His teammate also completely obliterated a would-be tackler on that play. Maybe give that kid a look too! Can't have enough savages.

Looks like a TE to me. He might grow another 2 inches or so, he'll be a nightmare for DB's.

Advertisement
A 6'4" 200lb athlete with his level of physical talent would be a monster Free Safety for us. If Manuel wants to play WR primarily then of course leave him there, but if he doesn't care like he eluded to in the OP, I wouldn't hesitate recruiting him as our #1 FS prospect for the 2020 class.

Anybody know if this kid ever had “University of Miami commit” in his Twitter header? If so, he doesnt anymore, and he’s been showing a little too much UGA love for my liking after visiting there last weekend.

Advertisement
Anybody know if this kid ever had “University of Miami commit” in his Twitter header? If so, he doesnt anymore, and he’s been showing a little too much UGA love for my liking after visiting there last weekend.

I agree. Saw that pic he posted yesterday - I think he's been looking around for awhile. I think he DID have it in the past but it's definitely gone now.

He hasn't been to anything on campus all spring. Supposedly came during his spring break week "under the radar" and hung out with Nkosi Perry. Hasn't done any of our events, though

I think he did as well but I can’t be for sure. Hopefully it means nothing.

He changed his name on Twitter - now he is called Danger? Written just like that. He also seems to be looking for an offer for his buddy, Glover Cook.

UGA board had post today they feel they have good shot at him. Can not let this one get away to SEC.

Advertisement
Back