UM athletics getting a nutritional staff

SevenNSeven

Junior
We can put this down as confirmed now. Not only did Blake James list it as a big priority in his radio interview with 560, but Golden was telling recruits on Junior Day about it.

It's funny, because it's something that was harped on consistently on UM message boards for the past couple years. And it's something that lots of major college S&C programs have incorporated. Another big positive step for the AD.

Advertisement
We can put this down as confirmed now. Not only did Blake James list it as a big priority in his radio interview with 560, but Golden was telling recruits on Junior Day about it.

It's funny, because it's something that was harped on consistently on UM message boards for the past couple years. And it's something that lots of major college S&C programs have incorporated. Another big positive step for the AD.

It's another tick in Al Golden's column.

He gets it.

Advertisement
Swasey has been pushing for something like this for a while of course Randy didn't see this as to important

Swasey has been pushing for something like this for a while of course Randy didn't see this as to important

177.jpg

Advertisement
Sweet! I can't wait to see what this squad looks like throughout the next 5 years. Nutrition has been non-existant in our program unless it involved a paper wrapped meal. This is going to be a huge pull in getting those big boys on the DL that we've been missing IMO. They can compare systems when they visit schools and it wouldn't surprise me if this was a huge negative when assessing their potential with each school.

Corch Shannon was too busy making sure guys were flying around and making play to worry about a nutrition program.

Advertisement
WOW!!! I can't believe we didn't have this in place years ago! I just assumed we did. This idea has been around for 20 years, how the **** are we just starting this?!?!? This will make a huge difference in strength and conditioning without a doubt!

WOW!!! I can't believe we didn't have this in place years ago! I just assumed we did. This idea has been around for 20 years, how the **** are we just starting this?!?!? This will make a huge difference in strength and conditioning without a doubt!

Sad that we didn't have it, at least a step in the right direction.

Advertisement

Golden and staff are playing catch up as far as the OVERALL PROGRAM is concerned.

I thought Golden mentioned he put this nutritional thing in place when he was hired. I heard RS had hard time getting money to do anything. Times have changed, we can afford to pay our OC $500,000.

Advertisement
Back