UM announces Stubblefield as WR coach, Field as TE coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If he only teaches them one thing, hopefully its, "Dont drop the ball!"

You guys worry too much.

Our last WR coach did a good job teaching WRs how to block, not so much how to catch it appeared.

I think Stubblefield will be fine. Enos is running the offense and Stubblefield is one of Enos guys so let them go to work and we can judge them after there are results, good or bad.

Advertisement
Important to note that our fans loved Dugans. He was a great recruiter and had the WRs balling.

Ultimately it completely fell apart and the stories about him are disturbing.

Not trying to sway Stubblefield talk just trying to use some perspective.

He had are receivers drop ballin

The Taylor move is probably the weakest move so far Diaz has made could’ve done better. With that said if Cooney continues to recruit the way he does and Taylor could stick to coaching up the WRs we should be fine let alone maybe Taylor could learn some Recruiting from Cooney. The Field move on the other hand is a home run a guy who has basically been coaching since 2000 and the fact that he has coached from all over the South Florida Highschool ranks to big time college programs should be legit.

His Applewhite news was from the school too. I'll believe when Manny makes a comment on it.
So basically Stefan did his job in reporting what the school had put out. That the school's announcement was wrong is not on him.

Advertisement
There's nothing at all inspiring about the WR coach. Enos clearly wanted a WR coach and OL coach with whom he knew he would be on the same page and have synergy in implementing and running his offense. The OL coach is an essential extension for Enos to execute the run game and the WR coach is an essential extension for Enos to execute the passing game. We have to trust that it will work as they'll all be on the same page.

Wait and see.

So basically Stefan did his job in reporting what the school had put out. That the school's announcement was wrong is not on him.
The school didn't announce they were going after Applewhite. Stefan did. Accountability should matter here. TNM

The school didn't announce they were going after Applewhite. Stefan did. Accountability should matter here. TNM

If his source in the athletic department or elsewhere at UM gave him wrong information, again, that's not on him. He merely reported what he heard from an insider. If he didn't report on anything until it was official (and everyone else already reported on it) you'd be whining that he doesn't bring any information beyond what anyone else does.

If his source in the athletic department or elsewhere at UM gave him wrong information, again, that's not on him. He merely reported what he heard from an insider. If he didn't report on anything until it was official (and everyone else already reported on it) you'd be whining that he doesn't bring any information beyond what anyone else does.
Is this Stefan's alt account? Since when is spreading false info not on the "journalist" who did so?

Advertisement
Is this Stefan's alt account? Since when is spreading false info not on the "journalist" who did so?
No, I have no connection to Stefan other than reading this site. Just responding to your whining. You have NO sources. You have no info. You provide nothing. People with sources sometimes are given wrong info by those sources. If Stefan just made it up, then yes, it's on him. If a reliable person inside the program gave him wrong info, then that's not on Stefan. He reported what was thought to be good info given the source. You have no idea what went on behind the scenes, whether those in the program really were expecting that Applewhite would get the job, or even were informed that he would, but then things changed. Like I said, if you want to wait for absolutely confirmed intel, just go read ESPN and wait for the "official", late announcements and then you won't have anything to whine about. If you want insider info and early info, sometimes sources, even trusted sources, get it wrong.

The Taylor move is probably the weakest move so far Diaz has made could’ve done better. With that said if Cooney continues to recruit the way he does and Taylor could stick to coaching up the WRs we should be fine let alone maybe Taylor could learn some Recruiting from Cooney. The Field move on the other hand is a home run a guy who has basically been coaching since 2000 and the fact that he has coached from all over the South Florida Highschool ranks to big time college programs should be legit.

This Cooney stuff is getting out of control. Who has this dude recruited? Last time I checked all the top talent has been going elsewhere.

No, I have no connection to Stefan other than reading this site. Just responding to your whining. You have NO sources. You have no info. You provide nothing. People with sources sometimes are given wrong info by those sources. If Stefan just made it up, then yes, it's on him. If a reliable person inside the program gave him wrong info, then that's not on Stefan. He reported what was thought to be good info given the source. You have no idea what went on behind the scenes, whether those in the program really were expecting that Applewhite would get the job, or even were informed that he would, but then things changed. Like I said, if you want to wait for absolutely confirmed intel, just go read ESPN and wait for the "official", late announcements and then you won't have anything to whine about. If you want insider info and early info, sometimes sources, even trusted sources, get it wrong.

The only person whining is you and it's because some of us would prefer our reporters here to vet their info. I'm starting to believe the rumor that Stefan misheard someone talking about their lunch in the Hecht and ran with the Applewhite thing.

Advertisement
WR coach bio is so misleading with absolutely no context. I've been looking into this dude since he was announced. I'll post what I've found when I get it organized. It is an absolute trash hire

The only person whining is you and it's because some of us would prefer our reporters here to vet their info. I'm starting to believe the rumor that Stefan misheard someone talking about their lunch in the Hecht and ran with the Applewhite thing.

Again...then just leave the site and wait for ESPN or the school athletic website to get your information. Then you can be sure it's 100%. Otherwise, sources can be wrong...if the source is an insider in the department, then you can't "vet" it any deeper than that other than just waiting for the final, official announcement.

The WR hire could work out really well. Our WR need to learn to:

1) catch the ball consistently (yes, that can be taught -- see Mark Duper's work with Leonard Hankerson prior to his senior yr which turned him from manos de piedra into a third round pick by the NFL);
2) run great routes;
3) use their bodies & other techniques effectively to create separation (Michael Irvin was a master at this);
4) be great teammates; and
5) be ferocious blockers. They started strong under Dugans but the wheels came off in every way by the end of last year.

With all the talent we already have (and given how they underperformed last year), I think hiring a Technician was a good move for WR coach. Field & others can help significantly recruiting WR.

Again...then just leave the site and wait for ESPN or the school athletic website to get your information. Then you can be sure it's 100%. Otherwise, sources can be wrong...if the source is an insider in the department, then you can't "vet" it any deeper than that other than just waiting for the final, official announcement.
You sticking up for Stefan this much isn't going to get you a discount on the premium board. He was wrong, it's no big deal, it only hurts his credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back