UM announces Stubblefield as WR coach, Field as TE coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty clear Miami went incredibly cheap in the post-Richt world.

Paid Manny Diaz above, IMO, market value and clearly ponied up for Dan Enos. But littered the rest of the staff with simply "friends of" that are all getting raises from previous jobs, but still going relatively cheap.

Feel the offensive staff needs more recruiters. Fields seems like a push with Hartley, just a different, more important focus (Fields being a South Florida heavy recruiter - Hartley in the Jacksonville area) as a recruiter. The rest of the offensive staff has no record of being recruiters or having real success at their position grouping as a coach. All would qualify as journeymen, to me. Willing to give the a cycle to see if some of these guys come through, but the initial staff seems disappointing and cheap and lacks recruiters. Most of these moves would see justifiable if they spent some coin on someone like Seider or another quality dog recruiter.

Advertisement
Pretty clear Miami went incredibly cheap in the post-Richt world.

Paid Manny Diaz above, IMO, market value and clearly ponied up for Dan Enos. But littered the rest of the staff with simply "friends of" that are all getting raises from previous jobs, but still going relatively cheap.

Feel the offensive staff needs more recruiters. Fields seems like a push with Hartley, just a different, more important focus (Fields being a South Florida heavy recruiter - Hartley in the Jacksonville area) as a recruiter. The rest of the offensive staff has no record of being recruiters or having real success at their position grouping as a coach. All would qualify as journeymen, to me. Willing to give the a cycle to see if some of these guys come through, but the initial staff seems disappointing and cheap and lacks recruiters. Most of these moves would see justifiable if they spent some coin on someone like Seider or another quality dog recruiter.
u obviously have't done ur research because the whole offensive staff is great, besides the WR coach, and he is just worries me about recruiting.

What’s your top 10 WR coaches?

I said who I thought they would pick I was thinking more like

Beard
Oklahoma St wr coach Dunn
Ball St wr coach familiar with s&c coach
La tech wr coach familiar with Baker

Have we all forgotten that Ferman had the info on this hire days in advance AND was right? Seems like he has a real source inside the Hecht and Stefan is stuck lip reading through a telescope.

Advertisement
Important to note that our fans loved Dugans. He was a great recruiter and had the WRs balling.

Ultimately it completely fell apart and the stories about him are disturbing.

Not trying to sway Stubblefield talk just trying to use some perspective.

Balling? They were dropping balls left and right.

From Richt’s staff, offense had the better recruiters/coaches it appeared. On the defensive side, folks questioned every hire other than Kul, including Manny. Fast forward 3 seasons. Which side of the ball ended up producing? Which unit performed better, carrying this team especially the last 2 years?

Give me coaches.

Advertisement
Dude, I grew up in Moore Haven! I have to know you, we've got 1 red light in the whole county! LOL
Swamp Cabbage is in LaBelle, my wife and I were just talking about going; I think it's Feb 23rd

Maybe. I would have been class of 91. Moved away in 86. Used to fish the locks a lot.

Still miss Chalo Nitka.

Maybe. I would have been class of 91. Moved away in 86. Used to fish the locks a lot.

Still miss Chalo Nitka.
Yeah you are ahead of me, my brother was class of 86. I moved there in 87 and graduated in 99. Grew up a half mile from the locks, used to ride my bike through the trails behind Sportsman's Village that came out on the east side of the locks.

I meant before this season bud. Before the wheels fell off

So you mean when Richards and Berrios were playing?

Cager was still a disaster, Langham was never any good. The guy was a great recruiter but a questionable WR coach at best.

Advertisement
If Diaz gave Enos full control of the offensive hires then how did Fields end up on staff?

Manny made a big mistake handing over ST to Patke. We all saw what happened with Hartley in charge and he had no experience.

So you mean when Richards and Berrios were playing?

Cager was still a disaster, Langham was never any good. The guy was a great recruiter but a questionable WR coach at best.
You’re missing my point entirely.

What I’m saying is the perception amongst fans was that Dugans was a beast. That all changed this year. Just perspective since people hate this hire so much.

That’s all man.

Advertisement
If Diaz gave Enos full control of the offensive hires then how did Fields end up on staff?

Manny made a big mistake handing over ST to Patke. We all saw what happened with Hartley in charge and he had no experience.

I read somewhere, Enos and Fields have familiarity.

You’re missing my point entirely.

What I’m saying is the perception amongst fans was that Dugans was a beast. That all changed this year. Just perspective since people hate this hire so much.

That’s all man.

If that was your point, I definitely missed it. But to that point, I think we were all guilty of it, because Dugans recruited so **** well. And also had the receivers blocking really well. But ESPECIALLY given the horrendous QB play... can't have that many drops.

If that was your point, I definitely missed it. But to that point, I think we were all guilty of it, because Dugans recruited so **** well. And also had the receivers blocking really well. But ESPECIALLY given the horrendous QB play... can't have that many drops.
Oh for sure man sorry for the confusion. I was all on board with Dugans and then you hear the **** about him, and see the rapid decline of the team and the unit (of course some not his fault)

My issue with the offense was always the lack of opportunities so when we had drops they were just magnified so much because guys were rarely open.

News days ahead though man. I believe anyway haha

Oh for sure man sorry for the confusion. I was all on board with Dugans and then you hear the **** about him, and see the rapid decline of the team and the unit (of course some not his fault)

My issue with the offense was always the lack of opportunities so when we had drops they were just magnified so much because guys were rarely open.

News days ahead though man. I believe anyway haha

What is this "**** about him" rumor with Dugans you referenced? I saw the same thing somewhere else but don't know what it was. I stay on top of Canes news as much as anybody and hadn't heard anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back