UM announces Bob Shoop as Defensive QC coach; Diaz comments

View as article
Advertisement
If you don’t care how it happened and weren’t peacocking around here like a fairy trying to turn the lucky break of Orgeron hiring Blank into some mastery by Manure, then my comments have nothing to do with you.

This mope **** has gotten out of control. You guys have taken my invention, the mope, and turned him into someone I never intended him to be when I coined the phrase. The mope is a guy who sees everything through the prism of his diarrhea stained eyes. He’s a loser and everything is terrible in his eyes. If you guys see righteous critics of Manure as mopes then you need a refresher course.

No one loves this program more than I do. I spent 7 years of my life at the Mecca that is UM. Ain’t none of these Johnny come lately coaches more UM than I am, especially an FSU guy.
You invented Mongoloids. You were the first to say Mopes here?

I started mopes a long time ago. I’m not going to lie about it.
Ok. There’s Mopes who are legit critical of Manny but are objective and then there’s extreme Mopes to me who are mongoloids that **** on everything everywhere with the same thing. They are also Mopes but the 2 aren’t the same. You know the difference.

Ok. There’s Mopes who are legit critical of Manny but are objective and then there’s extreme Mopes to me who are mongoloids that **** on everything everywhere with the same thing. They are also Mopes but the 2 aren’t the same. You know the difference.
You can spin mope however you choose, friend. But your definition includes rightful skeptics of Manure and those guys aren’t mopes.

I’m actually embarrassed at this point for starting the mope thing because guys have bastardized it to the point of being unrecognizable, but that’s what always happens with originally funny bits. It’s like the “but can he play ___” bit which was actually funny a LONG time ago.

Advertisement
I see mopes as someone who responds to on=bjectively good news with such pearls of wisdom a, "It won't matter as long as Manny is still the coach." These are not skeptics. These are the few who honestly believe every single thing that happens is seen through the prism of the FIU and UNC games.

For the record, I haven't historically seen @The Franchise to be a mope.

LOL at Shoop being some big bad alpha analyst. He's Manure's buddy, and he's working as support staff on Michigan's dime. There's some question whether he's even physically healthy after he disappeared at Michigan during the season.
Yea, Michigan absence wasn’t health related. Believe there was some sort of sexual harassment claim.

They **** sure have been portraying him as something he isn’t. Look around at all the peacocking and “where are the Manny critics now?” buffoonery. The Manny critics are still here. We’re the ones with the IQs over 75 who have watched him lay pterodactyl eggs on the field for two years.

Reality will be here soon enough, whatever that turns out to be. We’ll see how we recover from 0-1. The fact is I don’t know what kind of team we’re going to have next year.

Advertisement
That's actually great news if true. Shows me his still has some fire.
Yea I was reading up a bit on it on the Michigan board when it was announced. Lot of sour grapes because it sounded like he had some sort of affair with another employee up there, which led to the issues and the mysterious absence.

So, the story is that Manny got lucky that Baker took a LB job and just decided to leave all on his own?

Lol people i tell you. Tell themselves anything to convince themselves.

A DC, all on his own, voluntarily took a LB job. Yup, that story checks out lol.

So, the story is that Manny got lucky that Baker took a LB job and just decided to leave all on his own?

Lol people i tell you. Tell themselves anything to convince themselves.

A DC, all on his own, voluntarily took a LB job. Yup, that story checks out lol.
No. The truth is that Manure hired him at LSU. That's much more easy to believe. Manure actually fired him but kept secretly paying him and telling the world he was still our DC/LB coach but then used his massive influence at LSU to hire him there.

Advertisement
Manny didn’t chop off heads the day after the bowl game, but he seemed to make good choices in hiring replacements. He didn’t go out and find inexpensive, inexperienced G5-level assistants. Robinson, Williams, and Shoop are all hires we can applaud. Even swapping Rumph for DVD is a gain, assuming DVD takes every opportunity to learn from Robinson.

Progress.

No. The truth is that Manure hired him at LSU. That's much more easy to believe. Manure actually fired him but kept secretly paying him and telling the world he was still our DC/LB coach but then used his massive influence at LSU to hire him there.
I remember when I used to be a lawyer making 700k. One year, I decided to go become a paralegal for less money...just because. I wasn't demoted, told to seek shelter elsewhere or anything, I swear.

Look you can believe what you want. But if you think the fact that Manny demoted Baker, stripped him of playcalling duties, told him he would not be renewed here, and tried like heck to find him a new job is "luck" in getting rid of him. I may simply have a different definition of luck.

I'm not a slurper, I'm just objective. Baker was not "fired" technically, but Baker leaving certainly wasn't "luck".

I remember when I used to be a lawyer making 700k. One year, I decided to go become a paralegal for less money...just because. I wasn't demoted, told to seek shelter elsewhere or anything, I swear.

Look you can believe what you want. But if you think the fact that Manny demoted Baker, stripped him of playcalling duties, told him he would not be renewed here, and tried like heck to find him a new job is "luck" in getting rid of him. I may simply have a different definition of luck.

I'm not a slurper, I'm just objective. Baker was not "fired" technically, but Baker leaving certainly wasn't "luck".
It's pretty simple. You don't need to get into Qanon conspiracy bullshyt. Manure took play calling duties away from Blank but didn't fire him because he was too gutless to fire his son. So he was basically an overpaid LB coach here with a year left on his contract. Instead of hanging around here where he was reviled, he went to LSU to start fresh as a LB coach there.

It was actually a smart big picture move by him, which doesn't make sense to most of CIS because all they see is "but bro he took a pay cut this year, so that means Manure hired him at LSU bro."

Advertisement
As cost-conscious as the school is, I could see the administration telling Manny he can only replace coaches who leave. They didn’t want to fund a slew of buyouts in addition to salaries on new assistants. Stroud and Rumph were reassigned, Banda left for another job, and finally Baker leaves after a public demotion.

I am making some financial assumptions, true, but also don’t believe all four coaching departures a timely coincidence.

@The Franchise is essentially the board market corrector. Every time this board swings too far in one direction, Chise is there to level things out. 3 weeks ago Manny was somewhere between Mark D'Nofrio and Gerry Faust, then after revamping the staff he's suddenly Don Manuel and folks are starting call-out threads.

Manny made good offseason moves. Again. He has a pretty good team on paper. Again. However he got there he has a very good staff assembled. Finally. This team once again has every opportunity on paper to win the Coastal and make a run at Clemson. He's also taking a risk by pulling double duty as HC and DC. Nobody needs to be chest-bumping or "bro"-ing in either direction right now.

@The Franchise is essentially the board market corrector. Every time this board swings too far in one direction, Chise is there to level things out. 3 weeks ago Manny was somewhere between Mark D'Nofrio and Gerry Faust, then after revamping the staff he's suddenly Don Manuel and folks are starting call-out threads.

Manny made good offseason moves. Again. He has a pretty good team on paper. Again. However he got there he has a very good staff assembled. Finally. This team once again has every opportunity on paper to win the Coastal and make a run at Clemson. He's also taking a risk by pulling double duty as HC and DC. Nobody needs to be chest-bumping or "bro"-ing in either direction right now.
Perfectly stated.

Advertisement
Back