UM announces Bob Shoop as Defensive QC coach; Diaz comments

View as article
Advertisement
Ah, here comes a so called Miami fan to try and kill the positive momentum on this board with other so called Miami fans cheering him on. Only on CIS, you gotta love this place.

Let’s ignore the fact that multiple ppl said he told Kehoe, Soldinger and Werner to look for employment elsewhere, Cribby said well in advance that the offensive room would look drastically different and that he hired a staff of killers to replace the departures. Yep, let’s ignore all of that so we can continue with the corny nicknames and shït on the program in your desperation to be proven correct about Coker.

I don’t think there is anything sadder than the portion of Miami’s fanbase that want nothing more in the whole wide world than for Coker to fail so they can go on a message board and gloat about how they were right all along to a bunch of ppl they don’t know.
The more things change....

Advertisement
This thread sucks.
40B23DBB-2627-4352-89D0-3D74DBED0516.gif

It's not "regardless of how it got done" when the coach butt lickers are trying to ascribe some sort of genius to Manure for "firing" Blank and his other sons and then dopily mocking those of us who rightly were skeptical of Manure's ability to fire his sons.

He fired none of his sons, so those of us who were skeptical were right. Banda left for a DC gig. Patke is still stealing checks. And Baker was going to be on the staff this year until Orgeron rescued us. Facts. Yet there are guys prancing around here every day like fairies acting like Manure had some master plan and the guys who questioned his resolve to rid the staff of his dopey incompetent sons were wrong. We weren't wrong.

Sometimes, being lucky is better than being good, and Manure has spent a lot of his life being lucky. All I care about is my alma mater, so if he can finally manage to parlay his consistent luck into success on the field, then I'll be happy. I'm hoping it happens, but he's going to have to show me on the field. He's laid more eggs than a ***** hen between the white lines, so just making some good moves in the offseason isn't going to squash the rightful skepticism.
Brother, you are seriously like an anchor that keeps me grounded and doesn't let me get carried away by the rip current of my euphoria. My euphoria at shockingly being rid of Manny's locker jockeys. Did it happen because Diaz put his foot down like a boss? No but honestly my friend, I'll take it any way I can get it at this point.

However it happened isn't that important to me because I don't have a narrative to protect. I look at all this incessant tripe that is constantly spewed about Mope this, Muh Sunshine Pumper that and just SMDH. The bottom line for me is that when it comes to this program I'm the hardest of the hardcore in terms of wanting to see it succeed.

Is this new defensive staff a significant improvement over the last one? It absolutely is and that makes me happy. Does this make Diaz an elite HC? No it doesn't. Does Diaz still have a lot to prove in terms of being the type of leader and game day coach that he needs to be in order for UM to succeed and possibly return to being among the elite? Most definitely he does. I've been very critical of Diaz where it was deserved and I've praised the guy when I thought it was merited.

I still have a lot of questions when it comes to Diaz being able to be the man when it really matters. I still need him to prove to me that he can be the type of game day coach that he needs to be in order for UM to be considered truly back and to stay there and that's not because I'm a "mope" whatever the fack that means. I am rooting for the guy however. Not because I'm a "sunshine pumper" or whatever dopey label somebody comes up with. I'm rooting for Diaz to develop into the type of "CEO" that can oversee our return to dominance because I'm a Miami Hurricanes fan!

Now that Diaz has managed to put together what I honestly believe to be the best staff UM football has seen in I don't know how long, this program has most everything it needs to make the jump we all want to see. All we need now is for Diaz to take this excellent support structure that is now in place and do something with it.

So how would you categorize the Baker, Banda, and Patke hires? The 'yes-man' connotation may be exaggerated, but weren't/aren't they all understudies of Diaz?
I do applaud the recent staff additions, but the previous group collectively seemed in over their heads, and that's what a lot of folks' opinions were based on. And they were a large part of Manny's tree, thus perceived as his boys, or yes-men.

Get yourself all twisted up in this beta versus alpha stuff. I really don’t care. I was just laughing at all the people that were saying he would not hire “alphas“.

It was a stupid theme but a lot of people bought into it. This is not a defense of Manny, it’s just that anybody in a position to hire somebody is going to hire the person that they think is going to do the best job for them, and not shy away from someone because they are an “alpha“. And he didn’t. That’s all.

Advertisement
Brother, you are seriously like an anchor that keeps me grounded and doesn't let me get carried away by the rip current of my euphoria. My euphoria at shockingly being rid of Manny's locker jockeys. Did it happen because Diaz put his foot down like a boss? No but honestly my friend, I'll take it any way I can get it at this point.

However it happened isn't that important to me because I don't have a narrative to protect. I look at all this incessant tripe that is constantly spewed about Mope this, Muh Sunshine Pumper that and just SMDH. The bottom line for me is that when it comes to this program I'm the hardest of the hardcore in terms of wanting to see it succeed.

Is this new defensive staff a significant improvement over the last one? It absolutely is and that makes me happy. Does this make Diaz an elite HC? No it doesn't. Does Diaz still have a lot to prove in terms of being the type of leader and game day coach that he needs to be in order for UM to succeed and possibly return to being among the elite? Most definitely he does. I've been very critical of Diaz where it was deserved and I've praised the guy when I thought it was merited.

I still have a lot of questions when it comes to Diaz being able to be the man when it really matters. I still need him to prove to me that he can be the type of game day coach that he needs to be in order for UM to be considered truly back and to stay there and that's not because I'm a "mope" whatever the fack that means. I am rooting for the guy however. Not because I'm a "sunshine pumper" or whatever dopey label somebody comes up with. I'm rooting for Diaz to develop into the type of "CEO" that can oversee our return to dominance because I'm a Miami Hurricanes fan!

Now that Diaz has managed to put together what I honestly believe to be the best staff UM football has seen in I don't know how long, this program has most everything it needs to make the jump we all want to see. All we need now is for Diaz to take this excellent support structure that is now in place and do something with it.

100% spot on accurate post.

Thats as real as you can get.

Is it better if Manny fired Baker and we paid a buyout or that Baker left for whatever reason and we paid no buyout, and then Manny added TWill in place of Baker after adding TRob, Simpson and Shoop???

If Manny got lucky then so what when the result is that we paid no buyout and he brought in the 4 coaches he did? That’s a lot of good luck he did nothing for.
The result is better that Blank left on his own, but you’re bright enough to see that’s not being argued here.

What all these looney Manure fluffers are doing is prancing around, taking jabs at the guys who were proven right, and making it seem like Manure engineered it when he **** sure didn’t. He had no fcking way of knowing Orgeron was going to take his booger eating son off his hands. He didn’t fire him like he should have after the season. He kept him around, and he’d still be here right now if that drunken oaf, who is doing the same hire/fire scapegoat duck duck goose game Manure is, didn’t take him off his hands.

So just be happy like the rest of us are that we got lucky. But quit flitting around with Manure’s ball sweat on your chins trying to ascribe some Hulk smash alpha male high T manliness to Manure. In reality, he demoted Rump, the worst recruiter in UM history, to the recruiting department, kept drooling son Patke, kept booger eating son Blank, and his son, who actually had a valuable skill as a recruiter took a promotion to run his own D.

The result is better that Blank left on his own, but you’re bright enough to see that’s not being argued here.

What all these looney Manure fluffers are doing is prancing around, taking jabs at the guys who were proven right, and making it seem like Manure engineered it when he **** sure didn’t. He had no fcking way of knowing Orgeron was going to take his booger eating son off his hands. He didn’t fire him like he should have after the season. He kept him around, and he’d still be here right now if that drunken oaf, who is doing the same hire/fire scapegoat duck duck goose game Manure is, didn’t take him off his hands.

So just be happy like the rest of us are that we got lucky. But quit flitting around with Manure’s ball sweat on your chins trying to ascribe some Hulk smash alpha male high T manliness to Manure. In reality, he demoted Rump, the worst recruiter in UM history, to the recruiting department, kept drooling son Patke, kept booger eating son Blank, and his son, who actually had a valuable skill as a recruiter took a promotion to run his own D.
Either way, I don’t like when the Slurpers get aggressive - I like my Slurpers docile. By nature their slurping is a subservient act so they should maintain some humility. I have a thread on it.

The thing I give Manny credit for is he is making necessary changes and for once in a long long time the staff we have in place is solid on both coaching and recruiting levels.

Do I wish he hired a DC? Yes i do but there's nothing we can do about that now.

Now they need to go out there and actually win games.... not just the ones they should but actual meaningful games.
He didn’t make the necessary changes. He had to hire guys to replace guys who left on their own. You can’t have a staff with 8 coaches. And he failed to hire a DC. He hired a couple dogs in Robinson and Williams because there were vacancies and he made good choices. But he didn’t “make the necessary changes.”

Advertisement
Either way, I don’t like when the Slurpers get aggressive - I like my Slurpers docile. By nature they’re slurping is a subservient act so they should maintain some humility. I have a thread on it.
They got high on Manure’s ejaculate and started strutting around here like ***ala peacocks. It was too much to sit there and silently watch this weak sect flexing their 11” biceps.

He didn’t make the necessary changes. He had to hire guys to replace guys who left on their own. You can’t have a staff with 8 coaches. And he failed to hire a DC. He hired a couple dogs in Robinson and Williams because there were vacancies and he made good choices. But he didn’t “make the necessary changes.”
I felt he needed a DC. My understanding is he had one in particular in mind and legit tried to get him. That said, I never expected him to be able to bring in the 4 coaches he did. While I am still concerned about him handling 2 roles, the quality improvement to staff is so significant that I find it very hard to complain.

I also don’t care that he didn’t fire people in a spill blood in public sense given the results. It’s very possible that he knew that demoting Baker would push him out. We don’t know. As far as Rumph goes, we also don’t know that there wasn’t an internal understanding from the AD/BOT to allow him to stay employed.

It’s irrelevant really. We’re sitting here with TRob coaching DB’s and taking over recruiting, TWill recruiting and coaching LB’s, Simpson coaching techniques on the DL and Shoop is an analyst... At some point it isn’t all luck and if it is that’s ok too if he continues to get lucky.

They got high on Manure’s ejaculate and started strutting around here like ***ala peacocks. It was too much to sit there and silently watch this weak sect flexing their 11” biceps.

Advertisement

However you want to view it is fine with me. Either way this is probably the best defensive staff we've had in years. Ive been on record here saying theres no excuses for Manny now.

Chise yoiu can articulate your points very validly when you want to like you just did with my post without getting into all the *** stuff and attacking people. Your a smart dude we know that... Your correct I would have preferred he hired a DC as well

This is the black swan of the staff hires. Incredible addition.
This is a huge hire in my opinion. The defense play last couple of years was just flat out stupid. Guys in the wrong position, receivers uncovered, fooled all the time by misdirection. I could add a few more things. Let’s hope these additions have the same impact that Lashlee had. Should also attract blue chip prospects.

Advertisement
Back