UM accepts Independence Bowl bid vs. La. Tech; Diaz, James comment

Advertisement
The line opened at 10 and within four minutes fell to 8 and lost another half point in the next four to settle in at 7.5....... smart money slammed their money on LT. We’re going to get body slammed. Even the money line is off at only +110. Keep the money line people away from LT and make the Miami bettors give a ton on the road. 💀
I'm weighing whether to take LT skraight up. The line is gonna move so fast the money won't be there for long.

It breaks my heart to think it was just two years ago we were ranked second and beat ND. Now we're pleased to be bowl eligible and playing in a crappy bowl.
And the absolute talk of every news cycle. Mark came to Mount Rushmore and said, "I'm just going to go cut up a sandwich. That looks high." Win any one of those three loses and recruiting takes off and it could have been new world. Nice coaches get you there, real coaches take everything home.

Advertisement
Question: Folks saying Miami should not accept bowl invite. I disagree with that, but isn’t Miami contractually bound to accept and play with the ACC, and if they fail to do so, do they forfeit sharing in the ACC bowl payout to all ACC teams?

Advertisement
The walkon bowl. /sigh gtfo. Do the powers that be honestly not give a F about being champions again? I'm not talking about the goofy *** "we're building champions" schtick, I'm talking do they really not want all that $$$$ revenue coming in from a national caliber team again? The answer seems to be no they don't. So why? Why wouldn't they want the fame, recognition and $$$ that come with it. Is it laziness? Apathy?

I’m old enough but this game just doesn’t ”ring a bell” as far as it being a reason we got left out. Won comfortably, they scored the last TD with a minute to go and still won by 2
scores. Hindsight but canes went against a future NFL veteran and got screwed in a not so good way...

The BCS ratings were based mostly, maybe even exclusively (don’t remember for sure) on computer ratings in 2000.

La Tech went 3-9 in the WAC, with one of their wins over Mississippi Valley State, and a loss to Stephen F Austin. In their other 2 games against major conference teams, they lost to Kansas State 54-10, and Penn State 67-7. And Penn State went 5-7.

Computers didn’t care that La Tech got a TD or 2 in garbage time. They still recorded it as an 11 point win regardless.

The computers liked FSU because of Bobby running up scores.

4th most boring bowl re espn:
Louisiana Tech vs. Miami
Dec. 26, 4 p.m., ESPN/ESPN App
Independence Stadium, Shreveport, Louisiana
The thing about the day after Christmas is that it's always so depressing. People are returning all the junk they didn't want. You feel bloated from all the overeating. There's discarded wrapping paper and batteries everywhere. The magic of the holiday season is over. And that's how it has felt to watch Miami all season, so this should fit right into your schedule.

Thought the comments were funny. Man, what a disaster this season was. Smh

C'mon, you guys have to remember 2003 all the hype about Berlin returning to Shreveport where he was a high school legend.

Advertisement
CFB gameday staff just ****ted on Miami. Mocked manny and staff and “our ambassador” deejay Dallas tweet about wanting a big bowl game opponent. Kirk asked what the weather would be and said if it’s cold you can double Miami point loss. They even took shots at Manny’s staff and resume.

Advertisement
Bear on College Gameday (as well as Herbstreit) flat out ripped the Hurricanes. Basically said we'd likely lose outright given that we just don't get up for bowl games.

CFB gameday staff just ****ted on Miami. Mocked manny and staff and “our ambassador” deejay Dallas tweet about wanting a big bowl game opponent. Kirk asked what the weather would be and said if it’s cold you can double Miami point loss. They even took shots at Manny’s staff and resume.

Looks like you already had that covered.

Advertisement
Back