UM 2021 DT Commit Savion Collins Recruiting Update

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story. Consider me shocked your theory includes stroud.

Not. One. P5. Offer.

I wish him the best, and hope he finds his work ethic at FIU, but this storyline going around that we dropped him months ago because some of our coaches were in their feelings is straight bullshlt, and diminishes the people pushing this false agenda.

Every school saw the same film, the same player, the same body, and the same effort. Had he kept the trajectory he started earlier in his HS career, he’d have multiple P5 offers instead of none. Not a single one.

The FIU offer is a blessing and hopefully he takes full advantage. I wish him the best and hope he matures into a successful adult.

Last edited:
Not. One. P5. Offer.

I wish him the best, and hope he finds his work ethic at FIU, but this storyline going around that we dropped him months ago because some of our coaches were in their feelings is straight bullshlt, and diminishes the people pushing this false agenda.

Every school saw the same film, the same player, the same body, and the same effort. Had he kept the trajectory he started earlier in his HS career, he’d have multiple P5 offers instead of none. Not a single one.

The FIU offer is a blessing and hopefully he takes full advantage. I wish him the best and hope he matures into a successful adult.
It’s only because Stroud told all the power five schools not to take him

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story. Consider me shocked your theory includes stroud.
Let him worry about finding those DT gems that are 5'9 and 330 pounds and run a 5.8 40.
Seriously man. This kid is lazy and was exposed. Our staff didn't want him. He's at FIU and that's that.

Let him worry about finding those DT gems that are 5'9 and 330 pounds and run a 5.8 40.
Seriously man. This kid is lazy and was exposed. Our staff didn't want him. He's at FIU and that's that.
I was told it’s not just the laziness , there’s talent questions as well. He’s not good enough to risk a scholly. If you’re super talented big schools will always take a flyer. Even if your work ethic is suspect.

Advertisement
I was told it’s not just the laziness , there’s talent questions as well. He’s not good enough to risk a scholly. If you’re super talented big schools will always take a flyer. Even if your work ethic is suspect.
Dude got his first offers because he looked good during the camp circuit between his sophomore and junior seasons most likely because he was already the size of a full grown man. As a Sophomore that man had a neck thicker than my thigh.

I don’t think it’s coincidence he was switched to OL

Advertisement
Advertisement
So, without getting into a lot of details, the story of his demise is a simple one. This summer, everyone who reads the boards will know with whom and when exactly I’m referring, There was some daily lifting with him, a teammate and some “Miami guys”. The first day he was lifting with the three/four guys, scheduled mind you, he quit and went home. I don’t mean he didn’t try, he quit and left everyone to push plates without him. His “teammate” was embarrassed and disappointed in him. For what it’s worth, it strengthened the bond between the three. They spent the summer taking about what it takes to make it at Miami and beyond. After that day, the staff decided to move on. He had a moment a few weeks later where he talked to the coaches and committed to working harder and they gave him an inch. He obviously failed to live up to his commitment. Without that, it’s a longer summer and a later date for the commitment from the teammate. The universe works in mysterious ways. He’ll probably never live up to his stars. He doesn’t have it in him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back