UL is a 2.5 point favorite (Updated 9/14)

Advertisement
Satterfield, so far, appears to be a vastly superior HC v Manuela.

Then again that bar is set low.

Satterfield vs de facto HC Lashlee? I'm not sure the gap is that large, if at all. Rhett needs just a touch more time given the albatrosses of Manuela and Baker.
Question will be then, does Lashlee have pull from his SEC days to grab a quality defensive coordinator?

Satterfield, so far, appears to be a vastly superior HC v Manuela.

Then again that bar is set low.

Satterfield vs de facto HC Lashlee? I'm not sure the gap is that large, if at all. Rhett needs just a touch more time given the albatrosses of Manuela and Baker.

I really like Satterfield, and have said so many times on this board. But why is he vastly superior? Yes, he's had success at App State, of course. But he's an offensive guy, and he came into UL and they had a great offense. But their defense last year was as bad as Miami's offense. So Satterfield is God when he succeeds at what he knows, and the other side of the ball is an abomination, but Diaz is a complete loser when the literal exact same thing happens at his program?

Again, Manny has a ton to prove, we all know that. Satterfield has proven he can win at the G5 level. But this board really acts like this is Vince Lombardi vs Ron Zook. Give me a break with this Louisville/Satterfield is Christ reincarnated nonsense.

Advertisement
I really like Satterfield, and have said so many times on this board. But why is he vastly superior? Yes, he's had success at App State, of course. But he's an offensive guy, and he came into UL and they had a great offense. But their defense last year was as bad as Miami's offense. So Satterfield is God when he succeeds at what he knows, and the other side of the ball is an abomination, but Diaz is a complete loser when the literal exact same thing happens at his program?

Again, Manny has a ton to prove, we all know that. Satterfield has proven he can win at the G5 level. But this board really acts like this is Vince Lombardi vs Ron Zook. Give me a break with this Louisville/Satterfield is Christ reincarnated nonsense.
At the moment, Satterfield is vastly superior to Diaz because his resume trumps Diaz’s. It’s not even a fair comparison. That being said, his ceiling is not high because (to your point) his Defense is consistently bad. I don’t think you’re winning any cookies with Satterfield.

This Saturday, Diaz has a lot more on the line compared to Satterfield. A win or loss will send this program (and his career at Miami) at that very direction. No more excuses. Win or get the **** out.

It’s going to be 50-60 degrees. Hopefully our players aren’t too cold and bundled up in jackets like they are in Antarctica.

Miami teams seem to struggle once them temperature gets below 75 degrees in the past. Hopefully this team isn’t as soft as those in the past.

Mid 50s is perfect football weather. If our guys struggle in that, then they truly are soft.

At the moment, Satterfield is vastly superior to Diaz because his resume trumps Diaz’s. It’s not even a fair comparison. That being said, his ceiling is not high because (to your point) his Defense is consistently bad. I don’t think you’re winning any cookies with Satterfield.

This Saturday, Diaz has a lot more on the line compared to Satterfield. A win or loss will send this program (and his career at Miami) at that very direction. No more excuses. Win or get the **** out.

Not really disagreeing with this, as their careers are not apples to apples at this point (Satterfield has been a HC since 2014), but Manny got OBLITERATED on this board for having a Top 20 defense, which is his forte, and a bottom 20 offense, which he has no involvement in directly. (Yes, he hired the coach who produced that offense, so it's his fault, which he clearly recognized by firing the guy in less than a year).

Satterfield has a 12 foot **** made out of solid gold because he had a Top 20 offense, which is his forte, and a bottom 20 defense, which he has no involvement in.

It's not exactly that black and white, but let's just pump the brakes a tad here. And again, I think Satterfield is a very good coach. The jury is very much out on Manny. But running around screaming that we're going to get killed because Satterfield is Belichick to Diaz's Joe Philbin is pretty odd, given the evidence.

I'm really wanting to put my winnings from last week on the Canes again but at the same time I'm severely aware of my complete homerism. I'm thinking of skipping this one and seeing what the line is against the semenholes.

Advertisement
Might take the points depending on how my early bets do. All my pro gamblers know wassup.

7100BE24-8479-4D52-950A-7D98F6C37EB9.jpeg

Left out of these shrines being created for Satterfield is that Manny’s 6-7 team beat Satterfield’s team last year like they stole something. Why didn’t he obliterate Manny last year?
Media has anointed Satterfield a football god, so that game doesn't count. Neither do any of the other abortions he put up last year.

How about the time everyone had him beating us at App State a few years ago? Then, he got bludgeoned to death by old man Rick. Rick bubble screened him into oblivion, and he had no answers. Same play over and over with no answer from football's inventor.

Advertisement
I’m tempted to putting my money on Ville... the defense I seen last Thursday I think the Cards are gonna drive up and down the field... I just hope we can keep up
Our defensive woes are more depressing when we consider that our H coach was a defensive coordinator. WTF is wrong wit dis picture!

Louisville getting 2-3 being home team. They think miami is slightly better. Let's see what the public thinks.
After the pregame drama, speculation and hype, the game will be the judge and will vindicate those who have been able to see thru the turbidity... or give Manny some badly needed respect.

After the pregame drama, speculation and hype, the game will be the judge and will vindicate those who have been able to see thru the turbidity... or give Manny some badly needed respect.
Or we win something like 55-38 and people are still complaining and saying our defense sucks and gives up too many big plays plays.

Advertisement
Shattefield lost to FSU last year and us

Give me a break, keep hyping him up like our defense didn’t push his **** in as only a 3 point favorite few years ago and held them to 21 points last year through 3 and they scored a meaningless TD down 20 something.

Comgrats he scored a bunch of points and some crap teams.

Our defensive woes are more depressing when we consider that our H coach was a defensive coordinator. WTF is wrong wit dis picture!
He thought that side was wrapped up and took his eyes off it to deal with the other side. Baker needs to step up and handle Rumph.

Advertisement
Back