UL is a 2.5 point favorite (Updated 9/14)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Their defense couldn't slow us down last year. Among other things, I was impressed by our conditioning while playing at the Lashlee Pace the other night - let's see if they can keep up.

Getting bad vibes on this one. Young and inexperienced LBs and DBs against Lville offense could be problematic.

Advertisement
Advertisement
To be honest, I’d rather see the shootout than the grind out. Miami has to show the ability to score readily and be able to score 40/game vs UL and FSU going into Clemson to keep Clemson honest on D.
I'm with you. We've needed a real offense here for many years. You can't hope to go into every game and slog out a 17-13 win. You need to be prepared to score points and fight fire with fire. UL is going to score. I don't want the margin for our D to be so razor thin that they feel hopeless if we get down by 14 points. We need to be able to rally or to hang in there in a shootout.

I'm with you. We've needed a real offense here for many years. You can't hope to go into every game and slog out a 17-13 win. You need to be prepared to score points and fight fire with fire. UL is going to score. I don't want the margin for our D to be so razor thin that they feel hopeless if we get down by 14 points. We need to be able to rally or to hang in there in a shootout.

Miami finally has an offense that can jump out ahead by 14 early. The best game plan would be for Lashlee to reach into his bag of tricks and strike quickly. If we make Louisville one dimensional and force them to play catchup all game, then Miami can put two on Tutu and take him out of the game. I imagine that even Ivey could cover Tutu if he's doubled. Obviously you can't do that if the run game is still on the table. Then put Blades on the next best WR. That's puts UL in a position where they basically have to rely on the third and fourth option to score. The rest of the D can shut that down. A shootout means both teams are passing, which plays into my strategy above. I'm all for a shootout because I think it means a Miami win.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back