UL is a 2.5 point favorite (Updated 9/14)

They went from 2 wins to 8 wins the very next year because of Scatts coaching. The went from bottom feeders to the 2nd highest scoring offense in the ACC. He felt like they left a lot of points on the field last year. I think the tape will show that. If our LBs stay lost with PA, Boots and Crossing routes, they’re going to get theirs again.

But - I expect us to score against their asses early and often. No excuses. Get the W. We blasted this team last year with a Frosh QB. No reason to take a step back with King under center. We’ll see more of our play-book this game.

We win by 13-17, IMO. BUT, I’m a critical homer. So...

Advertisement
Watched some of their game last night. Wasn’t that impressed by Louisville’s OL, we should be able dominate with our DL. Their WRs are ******* good. Fitzpatrick is big and athletic. We know about Tutu. Their QB is a legit player. If a wr is open he will hit his targets and he can scramble a bit. We left far too many guys open last week and were lucky the UAB QB was pure trash. That wont fly this week. Key to this game is the play of our LB’s. If we continue rolling McCloud out there and rotating in Ragone I expect us to have some trouble. They struggle with misdirection and angles and dont have the athletic ability to makeup for it. Big red flag against a UL offense that runs a ton of that. RB is same kid from last year, little but fast. Good thing for us is we already know we should be able to score on them pretty easily. WKU qb had success scrambling on them in the second half so I expect King to give them fits. I see this one being a high scoring Nail biter with us squeaking it out in the 4th.

Advertisement
People keep talking about last year’s game. It was Satterfield’s first year at Louisville. And I thought he did a very good job. They have better coaches than us.
They’ve lost too much on D. We should win handily.

I’m actually in the minority here (I think) and am more worried about McCloud than Ivey and carter. Right now our linebackers scare the crap outta me against this speed. I think the focus this week in practice needs to be getting Brooks and huff ready to go. We need as much speed on the field as possible to handle the outside zone running game. Their two backs hall and Hawkins are fast as ****. We have to contain them. Get our fastest backers on the field.

They return a **** ton.....
**** your right. Thank god they were absolutely terrible last year on D

We’re going to run all over them.

Grade the 2019 Louisville defense on a curve. The group that allowed 529 points – including 77 to Clemson and 52 or more in each of the last five games and in six of the last seven – still wasn’t great last year, but allowed 434 points and found things that started to work.
The scoring D was still the worst in the ACC, the defense was 102nd in the nation, and the run defense was hammered on way too often,

Advertisement
**** your right. Thank god they were absolutely terrible last year on D

We’re going to run all over them.

Grade the 2019 Louisville defense on a curve. The group that allowed 529 points – including 77 to Clemson and 52 or more in each of the last five games and in six of the last seven – still wasn’t great last year, but allowed 434 points and found things that started to work.
The scoring D was still the worst in the ACC, the defense was 102nd in the nation, and the run defense was hammered on way too often,

Oh I’m aware believe me. I think we run the ball down their throats. Maybe 200 yards rushing on the ground on the Thursday night.

I’m actually in the minority here (I think) and am more worried about McCloud than Ivey and carter. Right now our linebackers scare the crap outta me against this speed. I think the focus this week in practice needs to be getting Brooks and huff ready to go. We need as much speed on the field as possible to handle the outside zone running game. Their two backs hall and Hawkins are fast as ****. We have to contain them. Get our fastest backers on the field.

MCLOUD is a concern. Hopefully he steps up big this week if they are going to play him.....

Striker needs to be ready to go.

But honestly if their Two new starting OTs struggle vs our DEs all these other points mean nothing. It’s game over

Advertisement
Watched some of their game last night. Wasn’t that impressed by Louisville’s OL, we should be able dominate with our DL. Their WRs are ******* good. Fitzpatrick is big and athletic. We know about Tutu. Their QB is a legit player. If a wr is open he will hit his targets and he can scramble a bit. We left far too many guys open last week and were lucky the UAB QB was pure trash. That wont fly this week. Key to this game is the play of our LB’s. If we continue rolling McCloud out there and rotating in Ragone I expect us to have some trouble. They struggle with misdirection and angles and dont have the athletic ability to makeup for it. Big red flag against a UL offense that runs a ton of that. RB is same kid from last year, little but fast. Good thing for us is we already know we should be able to score on them pretty easily. WKU qb had success scrambling on them in the second half so I expect King to give them fits. I see this one being a high scoring Nail biter with us squeaking it out in the 4th.

This is how I'm seeing it. Their QB is very good - and remarkably efficient. Their WRs as mentioend above are their strength. Not terribly worried about their OL and running game but we can't let this QB throw into soft zones all day. Don't know much about their defense except I see that Yasir Abdullah is starting for them. If he is, then I'm guessing their defense is very fast.

I watched there game with WKU, they are small on both LOS. WKU had a athletic QB like king that gave them problems, no idea why Satterfield had Cunningham in with 50 second running the ball he took a cheap shot on the sideline

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back