- Joined
- Nov 5, 2011
- Messages
- 18,868
If this is a lower scoring game than last year, I think it’s good news for us. Run the ball, move the chains and win the TO battle.
Here’s the real question, do you hammer now or do you wait and hope money comes in on Louisville. I’m worried everybody will be betting the canes
They’ve lost too much on D. We should win handily.People keep talking about last year’s game. It was Satterfield’s first year at Louisville. And I thought he did a very good job. They have better coaches than us.
They’ve lost too much on D. We should win handily.
**** your right. Thank god they were absolutely terrible last year on DThey return a **** ton.....
**** your right. Thank god they were absolutely terrible last year on D
We’re going to run all over them.
– Grade the 2019 Louisville defense on a curve. The group that allowed 529 points – including 77 to Clemson and 52 or more in each of the last five games and in six of the last seven – still wasn’t great last year, but allowed 434 points and found things that started to work.
The scoring D was still the worst in the ACC, the defense was 102nd in the nation, and the run defense was hammered on way too often,
I’m actually in the minority here (I think) and am more worried about McCloud than Ivey and carter. Right now our linebackers scare the crap outta me against this speed. I think the focus this week in practice needs to be getting Brooks and huff ready to go. We need as much speed on the field as possible to handle the outside zone running game. Their two backs hall and Hawkins are fast as ****. We have to contain them. Get our fastest backers on the field.
Great write up by the way.Oh I’m aware believe me. I think we run the ball down their throats. Maybe 200 yards rushing on the ground on the Thursday night.
How to shut them up at night on the road
Watched some of their game last night. Wasn’t that impressed by Louisville’s OL, we should be able dominate with our DL. Their WRs are ******* good. Fitzpatrick is big and athletic. We know about Tutu. Their QB is a legit player. If a wr is open he will hit his targets and he can scramble a bit. We left far too many guys open last week and were lucky the UAB QB was pure trash. That wont fly this week. Key to this game is the play of our LB’s. If we continue rolling McCloud out there and rotating in Ragone I expect us to have some trouble. They struggle with misdirection and angles and dont have the athletic ability to makeup for it. Big red flag against a UL offense that runs a ton of that. RB is same kid from last year, little but fast. Good thing for us is we already know we should be able to score on them pretty easily. WKU qb had success scrambling on them in the second half so I expect King to give them fits. I see this one being a high scoring Nail biter with us squeaking it out in the 4th.
I like it. I’m seeing something along the lines of 37-24 Canes.34-20 canes!!!
Correct.Louisville is going to score more than 20 points. If you go in with that expectation you are going to be disappointed.
If Louisville scores 20 that's ok if we score 21 or more. A respectable offensive showing is relative to who we play, but I'll take a W anytime.Louisville is going to score more than 20 points. If you go in with that expectation you are going to be disappointed.
How to shut them up at night on the road