Uh Oh Manny Lying About King? (rampant speculation following King's "Opted?" Tweet)

Advertisement
You can stfu . Ive never once said he was forced to play , they kept rolling him out there hurt, i‘m sorry you’re too stupid to understand the difference. Coaches responsibility is to protect the kids , not their coaching careers. You‘ve probably are unaware of this but football players will play if they can walk , regardless how bad they’re hurt. Our trainers and coaches allowed this.

I‘ll tell you like I told the other twits that run in defending manny every chance they get, if my info is legit when you like it , but if it’s negative you treat it like a conspiracy theory or bs. That means you’re as big of a ***** as the other twit. Once again I’ll ask you manny slurper, do you think the kings are happy with how this was handled? You know what , don't answer that. I don’t give a **** about your answer.
Cribby, Alex or whatever. Thank you for what you provide to this site.

Yeah Manny shouldn't of lied but him forcing King to sit and give the reigns to TVD and Garcia is the first quality head Coaching move ive seen from Manny in a long time
Pump the brakes on the quality head coaching move. Manny didn't have a choice in this matter. King goes down, it's next man up. It's not like Jake has a shot to play because he's hurt too. At this point it's TVD or Machota. Not a hard decision at all.

Go Canes!!

Does

Doesn't matter it's a bad look all around.. why would King even post that if it wasn't any tension
Because how navarro worded it made it seem like king opted out of the szn and is getting surgery instead of playing through something

Advertisement
Am I crazy to think that "opted" was/is used all the time in the sports pages in the context of season ending surgery whether or not the person can still play? The option is to have the surgery or not, not to play or not. There are certainly examples where an athlete has just chosen to retire rather than go under the knife. It seems to me the language at issue is the "season ending." The dude couldn't play and so chose to have surgery.

I get why King made a sarcastic remark intended to convey, "if I could play I would, I didn't 'opt' to not play." The wording was sloppy.

I’m not really that invested in changing peoples minds to be honest with you bro. I know what happened. And I know how it went down. But to be clear no one FORCED him back out there
I have no doubt D'Eriq would do anything and everything humanly possible to get back on the field. That's who he obviously is and I have the utmost respect for him. I also I have no doubt that he would continue to do everything possible to avoid having having the surgery to make every attempt to play again to help his team - most players would. When it became obvious the rehab would not work, HE chose to go ahead and have the surgery.

This false narrative is simply that - false. I'm not and won't defend Manny in any way. shape or form for the performance ON THE FIELD. But this bullshyt about how the situation with D'Eriq's injury was handled has got to stop.

Because how navarro worded it made it seem like king opted out of the szn and is getting surgery instead of playing through something
And he came back with a tweet that's been posted here a couple of times clarifying his first comment. Jumpnig to conclusions is not helping anybody.

Advertisement
I have no doubt D'Eriq would do anything and everything humanly possible to get back on the field. That's who he obviously is and I have the utmost respect for him. I also I have no doubt that he would continue to do everything possible to avoid having having the surgery to make every attempt to play again to help his team - most players would. When it became obvious the rehab would not work, HE chose to go ahead and have the surgery.

This false narrative is simply that - false. I'm not and won't defend Manny in any way. shape or form for the performance ON THE FIELD. But this bullshyt about how the situation with D'Eriq's injury was handled has got to stop.
I respect your stance and understand it completely. If I ever get permission to tell it how it is I will

I respect your stance and understand it completely. If I ever get permission to tell it how it is I will
I hope at some point you can. I very much respect the fact your keeping your word to others about revealing personal info. In the long run, your upstanding character will benefit you in many ways. Don't let the haters deter you from what you know is right.

No..but that’s what’s being insinuated. That the staff put King in harms way knowing he needed surgery. Especially during a game. Clearly king has ligament damage. To what degree nobody would know until a MRI..now as someone who had a partially torn labrum and decided to play through it, I understand u can only be sure about that injury until after a MRI. And it’s usually a let’s rehab then reevaluate approach. That’s what king did..FYI if y’all really believe this bs..then the blame falls on the medical staff who cleared him..but tbh this ridiculous
No one is insinuating Manny FORCED him back out. That would entail King saying he cannot go, and Manny saying get your as$ in that game. As a COACH you should know your players and a player like King is not going to take himself off the field. You stated you were at the game, so was I. It was clear to me and people sitting around me something was not right. If King was hellbent on going back out, fine throw him out for a series, see what we all saw, then COACH him and pull him out and protect your player. That is the issue I believe the majority have. This story/thread I agree is nonsense tho.

Advertisement
Dumb.

You fire people for performance not for this bullshlt.
In theory, you're right. But Blake and Co have repeatedly shown an unwillingness to do that. So that's where we are because of their inaction. When USC fired Helton, I said on here I did not understand it and they should have kept him. Now that we reached that point, I totally get why you cut the head man early. It avoids things like this. If James, Frenk, the BoT, etc. showed any form of common sense in their actions, people wouldn't be jumping on everything to pile on Manny, but that is where we are.

No one is insinuating Manny FORCED him back out. That would entail King saying he cannot go, and Manny saying get your as$ in that game. As a COACH you should know your players and a player like King is not going to take himself off the field. You stated you were at the game, so was I. It was clear to me and people sitting around me something was not right. If King was hellbent on going back out, fine throw him out for a series, see what we all saw, then COACH him and pull him out and protect your player. That is the issue I believe the majority have. This story/thread I agree is nonsense tho.
I’m glad some people understand. It was his throwing shoulder for Christ sake , his throws looked terrible. Then on top of that he had an injured knee, so the running part of his game wasn’t as big as an option as normal. He was a sitting duck.

Advertisement
I think King did want to try to play through it somehow but he realized that wasn't a realistic option. Manny definitely knew he wasn't gonna play again UVA but wanted to head fake Bronco a bit. Who cares?

Advertisement
Back