UGA vs Tennessee

You said they won by lining up and getting “3 yds in a cloud of dust”, which is what you replied to. can you somehow get 3 yds in a cloud of dust by passing the ball?
Have you watched a Texas A&M game. I can tell the answer already. They don't and didn't air the ball out and spread the field. This is a terrible argument you are failing to make.

Advertisement
I‘ll still take UGA, albeit a close game. Never said UGA routs Bama.
I had it OSU vs Georgia before the season but I wouldn’t bet against bryce if they get the right matchup and im still not all the way sold on cj stroud even tho he probably is the best pure thrower idk if he’s a dawg like bryce is

You just agreed with me lol

Its not about how -much- they run or pass it’s about how they do it. Power spread is just a lazy label imo all are different schematically
They’re not different schematically. Ideology is scheme. If your offense predicates on running the ball then you need to run the ball.

No, I’m talking about Santa…
Classic Mario bro. heupel sucks, but you’ll defend gattis and Mario‘s offense to the death. “santa“ had a top 7 offense last year in his first year as hc and play caller , their Offense was 102nd the year before. He’s only #2 this year

Classic Mario bro. heupel sucks, but you’ll defend gattis and Mario‘s offense to the death. “santa“ had a top 7 offense last year in his first year as hc and play caller , their Offense was 102nd the year before. He’s only #2 this year
You’re an idiot.

In what world would you look at that and think I’m talking about Huepel…seriously

Advertisement
They’re not different schematically. Ideology is scheme. If your offense predicates on running the ball then you need to run the ball.
I understand but everybody runs the ball that doesn’t make them power spread. Alot of teams throw alot that doesn’t make them air raid…The labels are lazy is all im sayin lol

I mean, more than anything, it was at Neyland and the vols caught A LOT of breaks that day.
That happens in every game. This game a lot of things haven’t gone UT’s way and Hooker has had a bad game too.

8 false starts and sht I doubt that has happened in any game this year.

They’re playing in Athens in a wild environment today. Not sure why it counts against UT when they beat Bama if it isn’t going to be considered as a factor for them losing to Georgia in their home too

Have you watched a Texas A&M game. I can tell the answer already. They don't and didn't air the ball out and spread the field. This is a terrible argument you are failing to make.
You said they won that specific game by lining up and running the football when they had 3 times more passing yds. THem running the ball at 3.5 a clip is Absolutely not the reason they won that game. That is the definition of an idiotic argument. I am talking about that specific game, same as you did.

Advertisement
We are so far away from truly contending.
1667689509278.jpeg

We are here right now👆

I understand but everybody runs the ball that doesn’t make them power spread. Alot of teams throw alot that doesn’t make them air raid…The labels are lazy is all im sayin lol
You have zone run based on a zone blocking and power run between the tackles. Most teams aren’t a zone run spread. Zone run teams are usually air raid.

They‘re not lazy labels. There‘s a difference all the way down to the way you block.

Advertisement
Hooker is a good QB and he can run the offense.

You cant beat a more talented team like Georgia or Bama by lining it up and trying to win with three yards and a cloud of dust.

Modern offenses like Tennessee’s give you a chance to beat better teams though. Just having a chance doesn’t mean it will work lol.

Georgia is way more talented and they finally have a game to be motivated for playing at home in a top 2 matchup

Dont know why the scheme is getting blamed though
@Miami[]_[]Smoke you seem to have trouble with reading try it again pal. This doesn't say shît about running the ball. It's about modern offense vs the 1960's shít that is Jimbos bread in butter. Lemme know when you figure it out.

You have zone run based on a zone blocking and power run between the tackles. Most teams aren’t a zone run spread. Zone run teams are usually air raid.

They‘re not lazy labels. There‘s a difference all the way down to the way you block.
Thats what im saying. And osu is primarily a zone blocking team and their not air raid lol thats what i mean by the labels getting in the way of people actually knowing whats going on

Advertisement
Light years
I dunno, we could have done as well as that against UGA. TvD might have hit a couple of those open throws. I always thought Hooker was your standard running QB. Didn't think he was good when he was at VT.

power spread attack.
I hear this term a lot, when people say this is there a particular offensive approach that this connotes or would everything from an Andy Reid WCO giant playbook with timing routes to a Briles playbook be considered power spread so long as the offense was base formation Shotgun Spread with aggressive downfield blocking as their primary running approach?

I hear this term a lot, when people say this is there a particular offensive approach that this connotes or would everything from an Andy Reid WCO giant playbook with timing routes to a Briles playbook be considered power spread so long as the offense was base formation Shotgun Spread with aggressive downfield blocking as their primary running approach?
Think of a pro style approach with spread concepts. That’s 75% of a power run spread. There’s more to it and obviously other ideologies sprinkled in there but that’s what the best of the best run. Briles was more sideline to sideline with a zone blocking scheme. Zone blocking schemes aren’t physical though.

Advertisement
Back