Tears UGA Tears

Advertisement
How far back are they going on those statistics? 1960s? In the 2020 census, Coral Gables was 58.78% Latin. Dade county was 68.73% Latin.

Advertisement
Figured this got bumped because they are melting down over losing Justice Haynes to bama….they are melting down over there over this one.

Advertisement
I have lived in Athens and Miami each for multiple years and I can tell you it's laughable to suggest that Athens is more diverse than Miami.

Who knows where they are getting these statistics.
The minority numbers are Athens are tremendously impacted by the UGA students. The town of Athens is not very diverse, but let me add one thing..
Georgia as a state has such a large African-American population that many places in Georgia are diverse on paper. What I mean by “on paper” is that the towns are often 25-33% minority, but very few if any positions of governmental or private sector power are held by minorities outside of Metro Atlanta, Savannah and Macon.
So Athens, like the rest of the state has lots of black people, but it will be a long, long time before anyone in a position of power in Athens is a minority.
And lets be clear, Athens is NOT metro Atlanta.

The minority numbers are Athens are tremendously impacted by the UGA students. The town of Athens is not very diverse, but let me add one thing..
Georgia as a state has such a large African-American population that many places in Georgia are diverse on paper. What I mean by “on paper” is that the towns are often 25-33% minority, but very few if any positions of governmental or private sector power are held by minorities outside of Metro Atlanta, Savannah and Macon.
So Athens, like the rest of the state has lots of black people, but it will be a long, long time before anyone in a position of power in Athens is a minority.
Kind of like Mississippi. Black people make up a large portion of the population, but the state as a whole is not a place where minorities wield a lot of power.

Advertisement
The game, when it was about cheating, had the chips stacked in favor of those who were well capitalized and allowed to take advantage of it. The NCAA turned a blind eye to certain people and programs. Those days are over. Now it’s next level and this city was built for that. Athens isn’t quite honestly. Three million doesn’t buy the number one class anymore. They got theirs. It’s our turn again.

We play both kinds of music. Country AND western.

Advertisement
Actually, 4 in a row...if Berlin sees a Wide Open Winslow, frantically waving in the EZ against Tenn in 03...we most likely play for the NC....
Such a terrible offense that year. So many weapons and played with one hand tied behind our backs.

The game, when it was about cheating, had the chips stacked in favor of those who were well capitalized and allowed to take advantage of it. The NCAA turned a blind eye to certain people and programs. Those days are over. Now it’s next level and this city was built for that. Athens isn’t quite honestly. Three million doesn’t buy the number one class anymore. They got theirs. It’s our turn again.
I don’t disagree entirely, but you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Atlanta is an extension of Athens. There are Georgia players on billboards all over town.

What I’ve come to appreciate and realize is it doesn’t matter if a big booster is high up at a publicly traded, large scale multinational. You need a lifewallet type of situation or a large privately held company like Mastec to really make this work.

Edit - Having said that, there is something clearly going on there and they have not yet figured out how to put these pieces together.

I have spent a good deal of time in Athens with friends that live there. They will tell you ain't S in Athens. Even the University is not a pristine campus. Just a hodgepodge of red brick buildings. The new Football building is the best-looking building on campus. Two miles in any direction and it's bland. Outside of having a good college football team, there is nothing else to Athens. For Real

Advertisement
Back