UGA TE Darnell Washington

I said it during the recruitment, he’s obviously a really nice prospect and an absolute take, but he looked better as a DE on his game tape.

All that 7 on 7 hype is cool and I’m sure he was unguardable in shorts and tshirts, but he looked like a big ***, not super sudden slot receiver from what I saw.

Was expecting a kid that size with that hype to look like OJ Howard on steroids and instead he was stretched out Cole Beasley.

Advertisement
Sometimes bags gives kids only a short term vision. A couple of years ago, I said this kid was not thinking of the bigger picture going to UGA. He deserves what he gets.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he transfers. Georgia is a **** show.

Advertisement
I’ll be honest. I didn’t really like him when we recruited him. He seems too tall for a football player.

Advertisement
Remind me of the saga of Derrick Brown in the late ‘80’s. All- World TE from Merritt Island. USA Offensive POY. We guys who followed recruiting knew he was a huge target, especially since we usually got the Merritt Island boys ( Ham brothers, Darrell Spencer, Hurlie Brown). He chose Lou Holtz and his option attack at ND. Had something like 11 receptions his first years. He essentially played in anonymity and then had a short career with the Jets.

Always wondered how he would’ve done at UM where he would have been featured and caught at least 30-40 per season.

Advertisement
He’ll be in the portal in the future
He won’t. He gets a monthly check from Georgia. He has a kid and needs that cash. He’s can’t leave. They made him a very good deal. He’s not the smartest kid also fwiw. He is a good kid and wonderful teammate. Everyone likes him.

Advertisement
Didn’t I mention that this dude is stupid for going to UGA? He didn’t learn chit from Nauta, who was the #1 TE & barely got drafted b/c UGA did no favors for him.

His bad, so fck him
Post #41

Advertisement
Back