UGA lol

He's for only Elite white people having guns, but is firmly against racism. Hmmmmm?

Makes pefect sense Jake. This way only Elite white people can kill black people.
It’s a perfect show of why it shouldn’t be black vs white. It should be “elite” vs not elite. They’ve pitted us against each other since the beginning. It started with poor Irish vs freed slaves, and it has continued since then. The “elites” have been playing chess with us for awhile. All politicians are the same, they pander for votes, but don’t give a **** about a normal person. I know people will hate the term “drain the swamp” because of Trump, but that’s what needs to happen no matter what side you fall on. Term limits are the biggest game changer for America if we could get that going.

Advertisement
And that's why they'll never get over the hump. Dummies had the QB to beat whoever emerges from SEC West but let a little thing like institutional systematic racism get in the way....

Yeah, because UGA has never had black starting QBs before, right?

You guys are hilarious.

You guys are hilarious.
IIRC, D.J. Shockley was the last one. Yeah, he was head & shoulders better than anyone on the roster from the day he stepped on campus(sarcasm). I'm sorry I was wrong, I forgot about a couple of dudes who followed Shockley, Cam Newton & Deshhh.... never mind. And I'm not blaming Richt, it's above him. All I know is that by this time next year, there will very likely be three native Georgians that are 1st round QB's(the only 3 ever by the way), and they'll have two things in common. One is never starting at QB for UGA.

IIRC, D.J. Shockley was the last one. Yeah, he was head & shoulders better than anyone on the roster from the day he stepped on campus(sarcasm). I'm sorry I was wrong, I forgot about a couple of dudes who followed Shockley, Cam Newton & Deshhh.... never mind. And I'm not blaming Richt, it's above him. All I know is that by this time next year, there will very likely be three native Georgians that are 1st round QB's(the only 3 ever by the way), and they'll have two things in common. One is never starting at QB for UGA.

And Shockley played for Richt who is everything that these wannabe Christian SEC/Clemson coaches claim to be. And it's not a coincidence that UGA ran Richt off either.

You guys are hilarious.
You're right, the list is a mile long. That's because Quincy Carter and Shockley's names are printed 2640' long each. Two. Playing ball since 1895, but Two. The U has had Ryan Collins, Kenny Kelly, Derrick Crudup, Jacory Harris, Robert Marve, Stephen Morris, Brad Kaaya, Nkosi Perry, Jarren Williams, and D'Eriq King, and the school was founded in Georgia's 30th football season. I'm done man...

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s a perfect show of why it shouldn’t be black vs white. It should be “elite” vs not elite. They’ve pitted us against each other since the beginning. It started with poor Irish vs freed slaves, and it has continued since then. The “elites” have been playing chess with us for awhile. All politicians are the same, they pander for votes, but don’t give a **** about a normal person. I know people will hate the term “drain the swamp” because of Trump, but that’s what needs to happen no matter what side you fall on. Term limits are the biggest game changer for America if we could get that going.
Thank you for your comment.

What I said was in jest to make that very point. I am an African American. I know the history of this country like the back of my hand when it comes to racism and all of it's splendor.

Rather than cliches, we need policies and laws changed. Unfortunately, the senate GOP has been busy these last 3 1/2 years stuffing the courts with federal judges (and I use that term loosely). Some of whome have extreme political views. Some of them have little to no qualifications to be a federal judges. These are lifetime appointments that will affect this country for the next 30 years.

The changes that are needed come from within. When people decide that what they see in society is no longer acceptable, then society changes as a whole. From the most recent protests, some cities have already changed police policies in real time making choke holds and the like illegal. More changes will come when people demand it rather than remaining silent when they are not directly affected by the injustices in our society.

What is encouraging is this young generation. They have a different mindset. They are much more concerned about our society, our planet, our humanity than their individual prosperity. I think we'll see a record turnout of voters 25 and under in this upcoming election. I think we'll see many of our youth inspired by the protests of injustices to become leaders in society that will make changes to improve the lives of all Americans.

I see income inequality as a symptom, not a problem, but the treatment of the haves vs have nots is a huge problem.

The manner in which this became public is less than ideal. It was a private conversation, but sometimes to understand the reality of a person, haivng access to private conversations is the method for obtaining insight into the heart. You know, the things people won’t say out in the open.

For example, former Clippers owner Donald Sterling would be current Clippers owner Donald Sterling but for the private, secretly recorded conversations that were exposed by that back stabbing young lady.
So whereas i don’t disagree with the premise of your position, as a practical matter sometimes we need people, to expose private conversations. Imagine if people who currently work in the White House had the guts to expose some private conversations?
I think you'd be very disappointed in knowing the private thoughts of staff and principals of ANY elected office.

Trust me. Or don't.

Those individuals that you lionize and demonize are not quite as good or bad as you think.

Thank you for your comment.

What I said was in jest to make that very point. I am an African American. I know the history of this country like the back of my hand when it comes to racism and all of it's splendor.

Rather than cliches, we need policies and laws changed. Unfortunately, the senate GOP has been busy these last 3 1/2 years stuffing the courts with federal judges (and I use that term loosely). Some of whome have extreme political views. Some of them have little to no qualifications to be a federal judges. These are lifetime appointments that will affect this country for the next 30 years.

The changes that are needed come from within. When people decide that what they see in society is no longer acceptable, then society changes as a whole. From the most recent protests, some cities have already changed police policies in real time making choke holds and the like illegal. More changes will come when people demand it rather than remaining silent when they are not directly affected by the injustices in our society.

What is encouraging is this young generation. They have a different mindset. They are much more concerned about our society, our planet, our humanity than their individual prosperity. I think we'll see a record turnout of voters 25 and under in this upcoming election. I think we'll see many of our youth inspired by the protests of injustices to become leaders in society that will make changes to improve the lives of all Americans.
Here's part of the problem:

We should all say simply "American". I don't think even naturalized citizens should hyphenate.

Until we get over this massive stumbling block, blending will remain uneven and not reach its full potential.

Advertisement
And Shockley played for Richt who is everything that these wannabe Christian SEC/Clemson coaches claim to be. And it's not a coincidence that UGA ran Richt off either.
The first player cmr recruited at uga was Di Shockley.
He then got Lemay who was considered the number one qb in the nation. He redshirted then transferred out.
The amount and quality of black qb’s rhat cmr didn’t recruit that other schools did is pretty questionable indeed. Watson was a name in Georgia where he shattered records and started varsity as a freshman from day one. What did cmr do? He slow played him and offered after they already had a commitment. Watson went to Gainesville high school which is 41 miles from Athens. They offered really really late.
The funny thing is that as soon as he gets to Miami his number one priority is Perry, and then he went totally crazy by going all the way across the country and making Michael Johnson the only qb they chased. Then flipped Jarren from Uk. All black.
Cam newton is still ****ed that uga didn’t go after him hard. He constantly takes jabs at the school and has said he doesn’t want his little brother to go there. Sht ain’t that hard to figure out.

You're right, the list is a mile long. That's because Quincy Carter and Shockley's names are printed 2640' long each. Two. Playing ball since 1895, but Two. The U has had Ryan Collins, Kenny Kelly, Derrick Crudup, Jacory Harris, Robert Marve, Stephen Morris, Brad Kaaya, Nkosi Perry, Jarren Williams, and D'Eriq King, and the school was founded in Georgia's 30th football season. I'm done man...

Who is slated to be UGA’s starting QB this season?

I’ll give you a hint: he’s not white. And neither is the guy behind him.

Here's part of the problem:

We should all say simply "American". I don't think even naturalized citizens should hyphenate.

Until we get over this massive stumbling block, blending will remain uneven and not reach its full potential.
Don't even go there. You don't get to define me. The problem isn't words. It's actions, policies, and laws.

We our all Americans. We all have ethnicity. We all should be treated equally and we're not. Most of the negative and injustices in our society are correlated to race and ethnicity. Simply removing words doesn't change that and it ignores sectors of our society that are adversely affected.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Go back and read the post. I just modified it.

Thank you.

Better. Not that I agree with all your thrust, but better.

I will say if we can't remove those simple words, we can't ever get the blocking and tackling necessary to effect real, lasting, and positive improvement for all.

Better. Not that I agree with all your thrust, but better.

I will say if we can't remove those simple words, we can't ever get the blocking and tackling necessary to effect real, lasting, and positive improvement for all.
That's just to make you feel comfortable. That has been the problem in this country. An inability to talk about and deal with race and ethnicity. Incapable of reconciling the history of our country's past. This is why history continues to repeat itself.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -- George Santayana, 1905

Advertisement
That's just to make you feel comfortable. That has been the problem in this country. An inability to talk about and deal with race and ethnicity. Incapable of reconciling the history of our country's past. This is why history continues to repeat itself.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -- George Santayana, 1905
No need to make me feel comfortable.

And yes, that quote is appropriate. If only people truly understood and were able to actually apply it.

No need to make me feel comfortable.

And yes, that quote is appropriate. If only people truly understood and were able to actually apply it.
First and foremost, you managed to change the whole point of my OP. I injected my ethnicity to ad context to what I was saying. Not to somehow make it a wedge issue.

Its one of my superpowers.

I believe I added to your point.

Do you feel I might have an "ethnicity"?
We all do. However, depending on your ethnicity, your experiences in our society may be quite different from mine. I would think at this point, most if not all of Americans have some understanding that some ethnic groups are systemically treated unfairly. Identifying my ethnicity is my way of letting the reader know that I've experienced some of the systematic injustices, thus adding context to my words.

Advertisement
Back